Author Topic: Lee Haney VS Flex Wheeler  (Read 39707 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Lee Haney VS Flex Wheeler
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2008, 05:14:47 PM »
ND you are the know it all expert around here

who would win? :)

E
E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2008, 05:19:34 PM »
ND you are the know it all expert around here

who would win? :)

E

Tough call in some poses Flex in others Haney I can't decide as of yet.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2008, 05:22:38 PM »
haney > flex

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2008, 05:25:40 PM »
 :o

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2008, 05:28:15 PM »

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2008, 05:31:31 PM »

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2008, 05:43:56 PM »
two great physiques

Flower Boy Ran Away

Danny-Boy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2008, 05:49:09 PM »
Too bad if either one of them presented this kinda physique ...they would lose unfortunately ???

RC Money

• Getbig III
  • I don't knock on doors...I knock doors down.
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2008, 05:59:21 PM »
Flex is looking like an oily bag of shit in the top pic.
I think more people would rather have Flex's physique, but according to the ifbb judges track record Lee>Dorian>Flex, so if Hany got with the drug program that his competitors were on and got bigger and harder he would be the winner.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2008, 07:41:53 PM »
Flex is looking like an oily bag of shit in the top pic.
I think more people would rather have Flex's physique, but according to the ifbb judges track record Lee>Dorian>Flex, so if Hany got with the drug program that his competitors were on and got bigger and harder he would be the winner.

But don't 4get tht Lee was abt 10 pounds heavier thn Dorian in 1991 and beat him by only 4 points.. So if Lee didn't retire after 91 and reached Dorian's size it would be very tough.. But some one already mentioned tht Lee was 257 pounds in 1989 and looked soft.. So in 1989 he already reached the same weight of Dorian in 1993 but didn't look good.. Lee's muscles were not as hard as Dorian's but still he had better chest and shoulders.. One more thing abt Lee,.. if u look well at his ab u would see tht in some way it looked like Ronnie's ab (bth had a gap between the right and left of their abs).. This kind of abs doesn't look good wth the extra heavy weight.. Check Ronnie's ab in the last years and u will knw wht I mean.. Yes Dorian's ab too was bloated when he increased his size but still it looked much better than Ronnie's whn they posed..

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2008, 07:44:19 PM »
Awesome shots ND, if i recall right That shot of Flex shaking hands with Arnold, and the one of him flexing his bicep smiling looking striaght at the camera were from the 93 A/C, i recall looking at those pics in Flex at the time and thinking that this new guy would be the start of a new ERA and that he would beat Dorian at the 93 O if he showed up in the same Condation, going on how Dorian looked at the 1992 O where if i recall Dorian weighed soomething like 242-244LBS, then Dorian lowered the BOOM at the 93 O and Flex showed up a tad less sharp than at the A/C, ill still go with Haney over Flex although Haney would have to be in his 1986 or 1991 shape to beat Flex and then there would more than likely be only a point or 2 in it. then again if Flex really NAILED his condation (with ripped glutes, hams etc..) he had the potental to wipe out ANYONE in HISTORY.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2008, 08:01:26 PM »
But some one already mentioned tht Lee was 257 pounds in 1989 and looked soft
\

Huh?

the mags were quite specific about pointing out that dorian's 1993 win at 257 was the heaviest Mr. O. on record at that time.

Flower Boy Ran Away

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2008, 08:16:03 PM »
\

Huh?

the mags were quite specific about pointing out that dorian's 1993 win at 257 was the heaviest Mr. O. on record at that time.

Yeah thats right Hulkster, i have the actual mag witch ill dig out of the basement later, the coverage on the 1989 O witch if i recall was in italy and im pretty sure Haneys weight was listed as 254LBS and Haney wasn,t soft ill scan a pic of him hitting a MM...he was Awesome..in saying that he was a TAD softer from the back but Lee did look Increadible and seeing those 2 (labrada and haney) side by side ??? ??? ???...Labrada was a class act but beating Haney wasn,t likely although Labrada had a real cause at the 1990 show where haney didnot look good.

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2008, 08:45:56 PM »
Flex looked great in 95. I prefer his 93, 95 physiques because he had a young look, not sure why he shaved his head. Maybe he was going for the bigger, hardcore look...along with the synthol starting in 96
Team Yates

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2008, 08:48:06 PM »
Yeah thats right Hulkster, i have the actual mag witch ill dig out of the basement later, the coverage on the 1989 O witch if i recall was in italy and im pretty sure Haneys weight was listed as 254LBS and Haney wasn,t soft ill scan a pic of him hitting a MM...he was Awesome..in saying that he was a TAD softer from the back but Lee did look Increadible and seeing those 2 (labrada and haney) side by side ??? ??? ???...Labrada was a class act but beating Haney wasn,t likely although Labrada had a real cause at the 1990 show where haney didnot look good.

never mind.

it was ND who claimed haney competed at 257 pounds (which would have predated dorian's record weight if it were true) which explains why it was wrong..

::)

the guy is chalked full of misinformation.... :-\

thankfully, he has us to correct him.. 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2008, 09:01:17 PM »

Could u plz Johnny also scan some pics from Mr. O. 90??.. I heared a lot abt hw Lee was far frm his normal good shape..

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2008, 09:57:20 PM »
Could u plz Johnny also scan some pics from Mr. O. 90??.. I heared a lot abt hw Lee was far frm his normal good shape..
Yeah no worrys bud ill dig them out later tonight or tomorrow and post tomorrow or wednesday.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2008, 10:02:30 PM »
Yeah no worrys bud ill dig them out later tonight or tomorrow and post tomorrow or wednesday.

Thank u very much :)

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2008, 10:36:39 PM »
Flex 96O

Team Yates

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2008, 11:56:28 PM »
Well i found the Flex mag for the 1989 OLYMPIA coverage....unfortently for me 6-7 of my old collection are now water logged ( witch will teach me to store my old mags in the closet next time not the basement) what i did salvage out of the mag was a couple of pics witch show Lee pretty huge and ripped, however i cannot comfirm what Lee weighed at the show (those pages and others are stuck hard together) as ive said im fairly certain (but not 100% sure) that 254LBS is what that report said back in the day, the 1990 coverage in Flex is totally waterlogged so sorry Sherief can,t help you with those pics you wanted.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2008, 12:27:06 AM »
Based on the logic that some getbiggers use:

"Lee Haney - 8 Mr. Olympia wins
Flex Wheeler - 0 Mr. Olympia wins

Nuff said."

(BTW I dont agree with that logic) ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2008, 12:51:39 AM »
never mind.

it was ND who claimed haney competed at 257 pounds (which would have predated dorian's record weight if it were true) which explains why it was wrong..

::)

the guy is chalked full of misinformation.... :-\

thankfully, he has us to correct him.. 8)

Another thread where Hulkster couldn't go without mentioning MY name or Dorian Yates' name  , how does it feel being such a fan-boy? See when you type you always open yourself up to get owned because as usual you jump the gun and you don't know what you're talking about .

First of all it was ME who claimed Haney competed at 257 pounds , it was Lee Haney. and how do I know? It's in his book " Lee Haney's Ultimate Bodybuilding " on page 17  ;) opppsss now don't you look stupid , chalked full of misinformation my ass , the glaring difference between you and I , is I know what the hell I'm talking about and you keep exposing your blatant ignorance with every post .

and Haney was 257 pounds in 1989 the difference between him and Yates was Dorian was 257 pounds hard as nails and bone dry.

Hulkster = owned  ;)
Hulkster = "retard"  ;)

growth

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2008, 01:18:10 AM »
Difficult to compare Flex and Haney, different times even though they only competed 2 years apart with regard to their last and first pro show.
While we will never know for sure I have a suspicion that Fex did use a lot more and more indiscriminately than Haney, especially the new stuff that got more popular in the early 90ies.

On top of that there are only about a few contests where Flex was not visibly full of oil in several muscle groups. How can we take somebody seriously as a bodybuilder whose upper arms look significantly bigger than his chest and twice as thick as his neck later in his career ?

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2008, 02:48:58 AM »
Well i found the Flex mag for the 1989 OLYMPIA coverage....unfortently for me 6-7 of my old collection are now water logged ( witch will teach me to store my old mags in the closet next time not the basement) what i did salvage out of the mag was a couple of pics witch show Lee pretty huge and ripped, however i cannot comfirm what Lee weighed at the show (those pages and others are stuck hard together) as ive said im fairly certain (but not 100% sure) that 254LBS is what that report said back in the day, the 1990 coverage in Flex is totally waterlogged so sorry Sherief can,t help you with those pics you wanted.

Don't worry my friend and many many thx for ur politness and time.. 4 me Haney was the clear winner as usual.. May be some ppl thought Labrada should have won just coz Haney ws not in his normal shape and not coz Labrada was really better thn him.. They always do tht,.. I mean to place some one above some others just coz he has noticably improved thn the previous contest and not coz he is better than them or 2 place some one after some others coz he doesn't look his best shape and not coz he is worse than them!!!..

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2008, 03:00:04 AM »
Remember humanoids that Dorian is 2 inches shorter than Haney, standing about 5'9 while Haney was 5'11.
So for Dorian to be shorter, heavier and better condition than Haney's all time best proves that he was the better bodybuilder. This was all within a 2 year time period so it wasnt long.