Author Topic: Palin linked electoral success to prayer of Kenyan witchhunter  (Read 4241 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
Palin linked electoral success to prayer of Kenyan witchhunter
« on: September 19, 2008, 05:45:51 PM »
The pastor whose prayer Sarah Palin says helped her to become governor of Alaska founded his ministry with a witchhunt against a Kenyan woman who he accused of causing car accidents through demonic spells.

http://timesonline.typepad.com/uselections/2008/09/palin-linked-el.html

Demons are a big problem.  If it's not their spells being cast by others, it's outright influence of our politics. 

You can bet I don't support demons. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Palin linked electoral success to prayer of Kenyan witchhunter
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 06:05:23 PM »
This is her Rev Wright.

I posted on this 3 weeks ago... it took that long for the mainstream media to get ahold of this story... this guy is a loon and she attended his church for over a decade...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 06:08:01 PM »
The prayers must be working because she's about to be vice president.  lol.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 06:10:16 PM »
The prayers must be working because she's about to be vice president.  lol.   :)

You were very upset when a crazy man had obama's ear for many years.

Why are you A-okay with his guy being in Palin's ear?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 07:41:46 PM »
Down with Demons and witches...  We need change, the kind of change that will return us to the witchhunts of old.  Did you also know that people don't get sick?  Yea, that's right, they don't get sick and if they do it's actually a demon!!!! With more people like this pastor, maybe everybody can experience the wonder of seeing a critically ill loved one told they have a demon and tortured with an exorcism. 

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
Palins Pastor Moothy = "witch hunter" in Africa???
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 07:43:21 PM »
You have GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!  Her pastor was "called by god to Africa because there were demonic presence in a town" (due to car accidents and local diseases) He accused a woman of being a witch and told her "be saved or leave town since she was a witch" SHe didnt leave and he started a witch crusade to have her removed from town...

on NATIONAL NEWS TODAY

Watch this video... SCAREY!!!

Palin credits her Governership to his praying for her... (as seen in the video of her speaking to the church)

When trying to become pastor at her church, he ran on a fact he "can do spiritual warfare and he has chased witches out of town to help with crime" 

He still refers to this Witch Hunt in his sermons... And has delivered this "speech" 10 different times since being pastor at Her Church...

Sounds like the title of a tabloid believe-it-or-not report, but there is nothing fanciful about this story. It offers yet another glimpse into the odd private world of Sarah Palin, a woman who if fate takes a twist could be sitting as president of the United States.

Before getting to the governor's favorite witchhunter, a little background on Palin's place of worship.

Sarah Palin attended the Wasilla Assembly of God. A place of worship where folding chairs rather than pews serve the needs of the congregation - no word of any lounge chairs. The Assembly of God is a member of the pentecostal association of churches. Pentecostal worship can get lively, depending on the church - everything from the rattling of tambourines and wailing, to the indwelling of the holy spirit, a sort of trance state that results in the uttering of indecipherable gibberish - otherwise known as 'speaking in tongues'.

The minister of the Wasilla church, Ed Kalins, has an apocalyptic view of the world. He believes in so-called 'spiritual warfare', a theological concept that envisions a great struggle between darkness and light, good and evil. The big guy with horns and a strong scent of sulphur is always on the prowl looking to chalk up a win.

Kalins even manages to frame the Prince of Peace as a sort of 'warrior saviour': "I believe that Jesus himself operated from that position of war mode." Kalins' attempts to rationalize Jesus' "war mode" in a spiritual context, but when you look at his other statements from the pulpit it becomes clear that he is a shill for right wing ideology and that his views of Jesus have been severely compromised by his politics.

In 2004, Kalins questioned whether or not Americans who voted for John Kerry would get into heaven. He is also alleged to have said that any who criticized George Bush in the wake of the hurricane Katrina catastrophe would be banished to hell. This is really hokey stuff, but it's the type of primitive bible thumping Palin was obviously comfortable with, because she kept coming back for more.

But enough of Ed Kalins, and on to a more exotic character, who turned up on at least 10 occasions at the Wasilla church as guest pastor. Thomas Muthee is a Kenyan evangelist, famous for founding the the Prayer Cave, in Kiambu, Kenya, after God 'spoke to him'.

Photobucket

Muthee is also famous for being a witchhunter. He believed that Kiambu was infected with demons and that 'a spirit of witchcraft rested over the place'. He identified the source of the infestation as one Mama Jane who ran a divination center out of the Emmanuel Clinic. Muthee believed that Mama Jane's fortune telling and other nefarious 'evil eye' related activities had led to an increase in traffic accidents in the area near her clinic. He publicly declared her a witch, and demanded she either convert or git outta town. She chose the latter - possibly after deciding the place had become possessed by deranged Christians, some of whom were threatening to stone her. Wise woman.

This is the same pastor Muthee who 'laid hands' on Sarah Palin when he visited her church in 2005. His Kenyan escapades leave little doubt that Muthee is a man in the grip of delusional thinking who sees demons lurking around corners and witches working their dark designs in order to bring about traffic accidents and such.

None of this though, put the least bit of a damper on Palin's glowing endorsement of the witchhunter. A Times article on her relationship with the pastor, quotes her as saying:

"And I’m thinking, this guy’s really bold, he doesn’t even know what I’m going to do, he doesn’t know what my plans are. And he’s praying not “oh Lord if it be your will may she become governor,” no, he just prayed for it. He said “Lord make a way and let her do this next step. And that’s exactly what happened.”

The childlike gullibility that comes across in these remarks isn't a trait most Americans would be comfortable associating with a candidate for the office of Vice President. With Palin in the White House who knows ... the witchhunter might drop in for overnights in the Lincoln bedroom. He could always work on getting rid of the resident spirit while hatching plans for Salem redux.

When pastor Muthee gave his sermons, Palin was preparing for her gubernatorial run. Muthee annointed her (no mention with what kind of oil) and she described his laying-on-of-hands as "awesome".

Alaska has a big future in the apocalypse business. Ed Kalins reckons the state will be the refuge for American evangelicals in the coming "End Days". Frankly I'd prefer to work on preserving the polar bears.

http://aidanmaconachyblog.blogspot.com/2008/09/thomas-muthee-sarah-palin-and-kenyan.html

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
Re: Palins Pastor Moothy = "witch hunter" in Africa???
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 08:23:36 PM »
africans....

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Palins Pastor Moothy = "witch hunter" in Africa???
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 09:49:42 PM »
You have GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!  Her pastor was "called by god to Africa because there were demonic presence in a town" (due to car accidents and local diseases) He accused a woman of being a witch and told her "be saved or leave town since she was a witch" SHe didnt leave and he started a witch crusade to have her removed from town...

on NATIONAL NEWS TODAY

Watch this video... SCAREY!!!

Palin credits her Governership to his praying for her... (as seen in the video of her speaking to the church)

When trying to become pastor at her church, he ran on a fact he "can do spiritual warfare and he has chased witches out of town to help with crime" 

He still refers to this Witch Hunt in his sermons... And has delivered this "speech" 10 different times since being pastor at Her Church...

Sounds like the title of a tabloid believe-it-or-not report, but there is nothing fanciful about this story. It offers yet another glimpse into the odd private world of Sarah Palin, a woman who if fate takes a twist could be sitting as president of the United States.

Before getting to the governor's favorite witchhunter, a little background on Palin's place of worship.

Sarah Palin attended the Wasilla Assembly of God. A place of worship where folding chairs rather than pews serve the needs of the congregation - no word of any lounge chairs. The Assembly of God is a member of the pentecostal association of churches. Pentecostal worship can get lively, depending on the church - everything from the rattling of tambourines and wailing, to the indwelling of the holy spirit, a sort of trance state that results in the uttering of indecipherable gibberish - otherwise known as 'speaking in tongues'.

The minister of the Wasilla church, Ed Kalins, has an apocalyptic view of the world. He believes in so-called 'spiritual warfare', a theological concept that envisions a great struggle between darkness and light, good and evil. The big guy with horns and a strong scent of sulphur is always on the prowl looking to chalk up a win.

Kalins even manages to frame the Prince of Peace as a sort of 'warrior saviour': "I believe that Jesus himself operated from that position of war mode." Kalins' attempts to rationalize Jesus' "war mode" in a spiritual context, but when you look at his other statements from the pulpit it becomes clear that he is a shill for right wing ideology and that his views of Jesus have been severely compromised by his politics.

In 2004, Kalins questioned whether or not Americans who voted for John Kerry would get into heaven. He is also alleged to have said that any who criticized George Bush in the wake of the hurricane Katrina catastrophe would be banished to hell. This is really hokey stuff, but it's the type of primitive bible thumping Palin was obviously comfortable with, because she kept coming back for more.

But enough of Ed Kalins, and on to a more exotic character, who turned up on at least 10 occasions at the Wasilla church as guest pastor. Thomas Muthee is a Kenyan evangelist, famous for founding the the Prayer Cave, in Kiambu, Kenya, after God 'spoke to him'.

Photobucket

Muthee is also famous for being a witchhunter. He believed that Kiambu was infected with demons and that 'a spirit of witchcraft rested over the place'. He identified the source of the infestation as one Mama Jane who ran a divination center out of the Emmanuel Clinic. Muthee believed that Mama Jane's fortune telling and other nefarious 'evil eye' related activities had led to an increase in traffic accidents in the area near her clinic. He publicly declared her a witch, and demanded she either convert or git outta town. She chose the latter - possibly after deciding the place had become possessed by deranged Christians, some of whom were threatening to stone her. Wise woman.

This is the same pastor Muthee who 'laid hands' on Sarah Palin when he visited her church in 2005. His Kenyan escapades leave little doubt that Muthee is a man in the grip of delusional thinking who sees demons lurking around corners and witches working their dark designs in order to bring about traffic accidents and such.

None of this though, put the least bit of a damper on Palin's glowing endorsement of the witchhunter. A Times article on her relationship with the pastor, quotes her as saying:

"And I’m thinking, this guy’s really bold, he doesn’t even know what I’m going to do, he doesn’t know what my plans are. And he’s praying not “oh Lord if it be your will may she become governor,” no, he just prayed for it. He said “Lord make a way and let her do this next step. And that’s exactly what happened.”

The childlike gullibility that comes across in these remarks isn't a trait most Americans would be comfortable associating with a candidate for the office of Vice President. With Palin in the White House who knows ... the witchhunter might drop in for overnights in the Lincoln bedroom. He could always work on getting rid of the resident spirit while hatching plans for Salem redux.

When pastor Muthee gave his sermons, Palin was preparing for her gubernatorial run. Muthee annointed her (no mention with what kind of oil) and she described his laying-on-of-hands as "awesome".

Alaska has a big future in the apocalypse business. Ed Kalins reckons the state will be the refuge for American evangelicals in the coming "End Days". Frankly I'd prefer to work on preserving the polar bears.

http://aidanmaconachyblog.blogspot.com/2008/09/thomas-muthee-sarah-palin-and-kenyan.html

wow... after his little witchhunt, reports are she finally left down, what do you wanna bet she didn't make it out alive...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 09:50:52 PM »
This for being a fortune teller ::)  yea, we need more people influenced by clowns like this in government

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 10:17:37 PM »
Reverend Wright never led a witch hunt.

I have a feeling if the sumbitch is that crazy, there will be a lot more info on crazy incidents coming out soon.

What the hell was Palin thinking, attending his church for all those years?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 10:44:56 PM »
Reverend Wright never led a witch hunt.

I have a feeling if the sumbitch is that crazy, there will be a lot more info on crazy incidents coming out soon.

What the hell was Palin thinking, attending his church for all those years?

going by what the righwingers started, it shows us exactly what she was and is thinking.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 10:48:05 PM »
going by what the righwingers started, it shows us exactly what she was and is thinking.

In what respect, Charlie?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008, 07:19:37 AM »
The prayers must be working because she's about to be vice president.  lol.   :)
Ho Ho HO.  Let's hope so BB.

I watched Palin speak along with her interviews.

She's Dan Quayle without the intellect.

Is there something in the genes of rightwingers compelling them to push intellectual dullards into positions of public authority?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 10:45:44 AM »
Ho Ho HO.  Let's hope so BB.

I watched Palin speak along with her interviews.

She's Dan Quayle without the intellect.

Is there something in the genes of rightwingers compelling them to push intellectual dullards into positions of public authority?

Dude you think all McCain voters are stupid.

I watched Palin speak and I think she is very smart, engaging, great personality.  Another great American.   :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 12:21:39 PM »

brilliant reasoning

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 12:24:42 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Another holy roller nut.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 03:53:00 PM »

I watched Palin speak and I think she is very smart, engaging, great personality.  Another great American.   :)

She's a great American.  But our president should be a brilliant person, with a charismatic personality, who is wise and has good judgment.

She was out the door 5 minutes and greenlighting Israel to bomb Iran.  holy crap, that would destroy our economy, without a doubt.

She's irresponsible.  Great American, very hot, very exciting... but irresponsible.  And please don't respond with "yeah but Obama..."

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2008, 04:28:22 PM »
And please don't respond with "yeah but Obama..."

Impossible. Repubs can never defend their candidates without bashing the opponent.
from incomplete data

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2008, 06:44:04 PM »
People have often spoken about a time in America when religion will be outlawed.
I always thought it was fear mongering & CT, ...but when I see people like Palin getting so close to positions of power, ...outlawing of religion (organized religion) doesn't seem so far-fetched.

What a bunch of frikkin idiots!
w

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2008, 08:27:16 PM »

I watched Palin speak and I think she is very smart, engaging, great personality.  Another great American.   :)
Palin speaks like a soccer mom of the worst sort.  This country needs leadership...not a conditioned chimpanzee that can spout "tax cut" and "deregulation."

McCain is running a campaign of changing washington...he's been there a few decades, was part of the Keating 5 and was a Bush rubber stamp by flipping on tax cuts and torture.  He sees no international situation that can't be handled with the military.  That shit might fly here on these boards with the 'bomb Iran first' crowd, but not in the real world.

Looking at all that just confirms my understanding that a vote for McCain is a vote by either the stupid or the dangerously uninformed.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2008, 08:35:20 PM »
An people think the name Pandering Whore doesn't fit  McCain.......lol

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2008, 08:44:54 PM »
An people think the name Pandering Whore doesn't fit  McCain.......lol
It's a glove/hand fit. 

What drives me up the wall is the people that vote on wedge issues alone--taxes or abortion or the like.  They can't pull their heads out of their asses for a second to see the real damage the republican party has done to this country.  So here comes Mccain whistling a republican tune at election time and look at all those supporters just clamoring to be part of the change that's cleaning up washington.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2008, 11:28:37 PM »
Palin speaks like a soccer mom of the worst sort.  This country needs leadership...not a conditioned chimpanzee that can spout "tax cut" and "deregulation."

McCain is running a campaign of changing washington...he's been there a few decades, was part of the Keating 5 and was a Bush rubber stamp by flipping on tax cuts and torture.  He sees no international situation that can't be handled with the military.  That shit might fly here on these boards with the 'bomb Iran first' crowd, but not in the real world.

Looking at all that just confirms my understanding that a vote for McCain is a vote by either the stupid or the dangerously uninformed.

She speaks like an educated, down home, mother, wife, honest former mayor and current governor.  She has walked the walk when it comes to reforming and cleaning up government.  She'll be a thorn in the side of the good old boy network in D.C. 

Obama is the one who is bringing nothing new to the table.  His running mate is the ultimate insider.  Obama's "ideas" have been around for decades.  He has pretty much admitted this. 

We have different opinions of the American voter.  I have a pretty low opinion of many who don't vote, but I respect those who do, even when they decide to vote for a candidate or issue I don't support.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2008, 07:21:44 AM »
She speaks like an educated, down home, mother, wife, honest former mayor and current governor.  She has walked the walk when it comes to reforming and cleaning up government.  She'll be a thorn in the side of the good old boy network in D.C. 

Obama is the one who is bringing nothing new to the table.  His running mate is the ultimate insider.  Obama's "ideas" have been around for decades.  He has pretty much admitted this. 

We have different opinions of the American voter.  I have a pretty low opinion of many who don't vote, but I respect those who do, even when they decide to vote for a candidate or issue I don't support.

Was Palin cleaning up government when she was accepting the millions of dollars earmarked for the bridge to nowhere only until it became politically inconvenient to do so? 

She is the good old boy network in a skirt.

Most ideas have been around for years Beach Bum.  Are those ideas tailored to solve an existing problem?

The american voter is generally ignorant as to the platform of his/her candidate.  Even VP candidate Palin was ignorant of her president's own doctrine of foreign relations.

It's not surprising that the right wing completely misses this point.  Isn't there a study that shows rightwingers think they are the most informed of voters when in fact they are the least informed?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2008, 07:33:46 AM »
it's very strange that she worshipped for so many years in a church run by a witch hunter.

Not only that, but a pastor who BRAGGED for years about the witch hunt.

She heard that and stayed.  That definitely says a lot about her judgment.