Author Topic: Snopes.com update on Biden possibly stepping down  (Read 627 times)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
R

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Snopes.com update on Biden possibly stepping down
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 07:16:30 AM »
As the wise 240 predicted...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 07:44:13 AM »
As the wise 240 predicted...

self mockage?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 07:57:58 AM »
self mockage?

Of course.  But I do still believe that if he's behind (and they have the stats to know what key areas they're going to win/lose in, after 04 and 00), that he will add hilary to the ticket.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 08:14:59 AM »
Of course.  But I do still believe that if he's behind (and they have the stats to know what key areas they're going to win/lose in, after 04 and 00), that he will add hilary to the ticket.

Rob - switching VP's would be the kiss of death for Obama.

It's all internet BS

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 08:57:01 AM »
Rob - switching VP's would be the kiss of death for Obama.

It's all internet BS

IF - and I mean IF - he was able to sell it with legit test results on Biden's aneurism from 20 years ago, it could work.

He'd take heat from cable pundits - but no staunch obama voter is going to vote Mccain.  And he'd only do it if he's losing independents - and damn those hilary voters would come flocking back.  It'd be the breaking news story of the year.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 09:12:37 AM »
IF - and I mean IF - he was able to sell it with legit test results on Biden's aneurism from 20 years ago, it could work.

He'd take heat from cable pundits - but no staunch obama voter is going to vote Mccain.  And he'd only do it if he's losing independents - and damn those hilary voters would come flocking back.  It'd be the breaking news story of the year.

You're suggesting (I think) that this would be a strategic decision by Obama rather than a genuine reason (if Biden had real health issues I'm pretty sure they'd keep it under wraps and have him step down after the election and their presumed victory).

There is no way the replacing the VP would increase Obama's chances.  Any tentative supporters would run away fast.

BTW - did you read the snopes link?  The only time a VP candidate was replaced prior the election was by McGovern in 1972 and he got stomped.   

The cure is worse than the disease.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 09:13:44 AM »
But Hilary has 18 million people who want her in office.

many of them don't like black people, and won't vote obama.

But they'd vote for obama if hilary was on the ticket.  They can't vote against a clinton.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 09:16:06 AM »
But Hilary has 18 million people who want her in office.

many of them don't like black people, and won't vote obama.

But they'd vote for obama if hilary was on the ticket.  They can't vote against a clinton.

I'll bet you $100 it doesn't happen.

Loser makes a donation to the winners choice of a charity

hint....I wouldn't take the bet if I were you.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 09:17:26 AM »
I'll bet you $100 it doesn't happen.

Loser makes a donation to the winners choice of a charity

hint....I wouldn't take the bet if I were you.

LOL i got my clock cleaned the last time I bet... 2006 Olympia... So I'll pass on that.

But my prediction stands, unlikely as it may be.  If obama is losing, he throws the haymaker.  However, that'd require bin laden being caught or some other monster october surprise... Obama is in good shape at the moment.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 09:24:59 AM »
LOL i got my clock cleaned the last time I bet... 2006 Olympia... So I'll pass on that.

But my prediction stands, unlikely as it may be.  If obama is losing, he throws the haymaker.  However, that'd require bin laden being caught or some other monster october surprise... Obama is in good shape at the moment.

IMO - replacing Biden will only hurt Obama, regardless of who the replacement might be.

It will never happen.  If he really wanted to get rid of Biden he would do it after he wins the election (which is also highly unlikely)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 10:40:05 AM »
I think this would guarantee an Obama loss in November.  Wouldn’t this be the most inexperienced ticket in modern presidential politics history?  I don't think voters will put those two in charge of our military either. 

Plus the Republican base has already been energized by the Palin selection.  With Hillary's negatives, she would probably motivate even more opposition votes. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008, 10:42:45 AM »
Wouldn't this be the most inexperienced ticket in modern presidential politics history?

maybe, but, people look at Hilary and know they're getting Bill in the White House too.

We all know if Bill Clinton could run for office in 2008, he'd win by a freaking landslide.