Author Topic: What will a pro make for guest posing?  (Read 839 times)

Hunter86

• Getbig III
What will a pro make for guest posing?
« on: September 20, 2008, 09:19:32 AM »
any guesses

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: What will a pro make for guest posing?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 09:20:23 AM »
about 3K for a top level guy.

andrus

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 09:20:57 AM »
Ask bay.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 09:35:58 AM »
18oz. peanuts

christinafitness

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 04:19:40 PM »
Most of them make less than we think. Many have special commitments towards the promoter.
If they get paid it's usually between $1000 and $3000

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 06:48:37 PM »
Jeez I would have thought you guys would know.  If you have Weider sponsor your show and you decide you want to follow their rules you can pick a Weider athlete (if available)and it won't cost you a dime to have him guest pose.  You do have to pay his airfare and per diem and hotel in most cases.  I can't see any pro doing a guest posing for under $2,000 unless they are new or not that popular.  Ronnie was charging $10,000 and some of the upper guys will charge $5,000.  You also have to pay their hotel, airfare, and usually per diem.  Some guys will ask you to fly their wife or girlfriend too.  The problem is these guys will show up looking like shit and then you have paying fans coming up to you and asking you why you brought this fat tub of shit to guest pose when the picture on the poster shows them ripped.  But, that is BB

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 07:08:40 PM »
The rate is usally set an average for 2500 but most guys compromise this so the locals (ifbb pros) collect a 1000 dollars instead, if the promotors bring a good guess poser such as Darrem Charles then of course it would be in the 2-4 range, Some supplement contracts include a few guess poses a year as part of the bodybuilders contract so if Muscle Tech sponsors your show for axample then the they will bring a guess poser in as part of the deal in some cases only. The 2008 Ontario championships brought in Ronnie Coleman and his rate was 8500 dollars non-nogotiable, this price included a seminer the next day at the Golds gym, he also sold over 50 videos and got all expense paid for, I helped with the show so I know this to be 100% accurate.