Author Topic: Hendo and Bisping to be coaches for TUF 9- US vs. UK  (Read 1187 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Hendo and Bisping to be coaches for TUF 9- US vs. UK
« on: September 20, 2008, 11:24:59 AM »
The Sun is reporting that the most likely coaches for the next season of "The Ultimate Fighter: Team USA vs. Team UK", will be middleweight contenders Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson. Bisping, the UFC's popular British star, will have to beat Chris Leben at UFC 89 first.

The UFC have not yet offered Bisping the coach's role on TUF 9 because he is scheduled to fight Chris Leben at UFC 89 at the Birmingham National Indoor Arena on October 18.

But SunSport understands Dana White will immediately hand the British star a contract to appear on the show if he overcomes Leben next month.

It is believed Dan Henderson will coach the US team, with the TUF 9 finale featuring him in a clash for the No1 middleweight contender's spot against Bisping, which could take place in December next year.

If this comes to fruition then whoever wins the finale fight would probably get a shot at Middleweight champ Anderson Silva, but of course alot can happen and this is a long ways away.
Predictions
 40/61

holden636

• Getbig I
Re: Hendo and Bisping to be coaches for TUF 9- US vs. UK
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 02:25:52 PM »
I hope this isn't true.  Bisping was actually on TUF a year ago.  I thought coaches were supposed to be veteran fighters who coach the up-and-comers.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 03:29:48 PM »
this story is sad for mma imo.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 03:36:20 PM »
smart move by dana if everything pans out,get a bunch of fighters from the UK and put them on TV finding some ones with talent, and he'll only strengthen the UFC fan base there ...

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 04:23:22 PM »
Looking past Chris Leben = not good for Bisping.  Leben is always one wild left away from crashing the party.
Predictions
 40/61

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 06:45:11 PM »
Leben is going to clean his clock.
w

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 07:28:30 PM »
Leben is going to clean his clock.
I hope so, not a big fan of that Bisping character.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!