Author Topic: You Guys Have Got To Try This New Google Chrome Browser  (Read 3640 times)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: You Guys Have Got To Try This New Google Chrome Browser
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2008, 05:32:38 AM »
I can't...Not available for mac yet...

Firefox is pretty solid...

so is your physique.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2008, 05:52:04 AM »

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2008, 05:54:25 AM »
This thing is incredible.  Anybody else trying it out right now? 

http://www.google.com/chrome

No. It a beta which sucks coz it was flat-lining my CPU continually.

Go download sandboxie and run opera 9.5 in a sandboxed session to protect u from web nasties.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2008, 05:56:51 AM »
This thing is incredible.  Anybody else trying it out right now? 

http://www.google.com/chrome

What sucks for me is i know IE sucks yet im still stuck into using it. I think it was because i was raised with it. I find my self opening it all the time even though i like firefox better and know its faster.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2008, 06:03:09 AM »
What sucks for me is i know IE sucks yet im still stuck into using it. I think it was because i was raised with it. I find my self opening it all the time even though i like firefox better and know its faster.

Uninstall IE. Problem solved.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2008, 06:08:15 AM »
Uninstall IE. Problem solved.
Well i guess its because of all the cookies and bookmarked sites i have on it that keeps me from doing it. It is pretty much the same concept behind Dell and Mac giving out free/cheap computers to school kids though. If you raise a kid with a mac he is going to want to use a mac when he gets older. I have always been a pc guy personally and have hated everything that i had that was mac including my ipod.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2008, 06:11:01 AM »
Well i guess its because of all the cookies and bookmarked sites i have on it that keeps me from doing it. It is pretty much the same concept behind Dell and Mac giving out free/cheap computers to school kids though. If you raise a kid with a mac he is going to want to use a mac when he gets older. I have always been a pc guy personally and have hated everything that i had that was mac including my ipod.

I know, I was that way too... But now I'm glad I took the time to get used to Firefox and would NEVER go back to IE  :-X :-X

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2008, 07:08:26 AM »
Well i guess its because of all the cookies and bookmarked sites i have on it that keeps me from doing it.
when you install firefox, it will import all the bookmarks from ie ::) ::) ::)

dkf360

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2008, 07:06:29 PM »
Firefox sucks shit because of the memory leak problem.  If you leave it up and running for a day or so, it will crash. 

Best to switch to Chrome.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2008, 05:42:13 PM »
If there are all these other better browsers, how come businesses still use IE (just asking cuz I don't know)
:D Weee

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2008, 06:29:17 PM »
If there are all these other better browsers, how come businesses still use IE (just asking cuz I don't know)
because most computers come with a preinstalled ie and most people are too lazy to install firefox, opera, or chrome themselves.  in some companies, you may not have admin privileges so you have to ask it support to install for you, and most of those guys are lazy fuccks as well.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2008, 06:34:39 PM »
because most computers come with a preinstalled ie and most people are too lazy to install firefox, opera, or chrome themselves.  in some companies, you may not have admin privileges so you have to ask it support to install for you, and most of those guys are lazy fuccks as well.
Yeah, but if they're better, why wouldn't the IT department just install when installing the business software?  That doesn't come preinstalled.  I'm just wondering if they "IT ppl" think there may be some kind of background spyware or adware running in those other browsers.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2008, 06:39:03 PM »
Yeah, but if they're better, why wouldn't the IT department just install when installing the business software?  That doesn't come preinstalled.  I'm just wondering if they "IT ppl" think there may be some kind of background spyware or adware running in those other browsers.
the usual excuse is "this or that is not safe, it messes up the network, etc" ::) ::) ::) 

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2008, 07:14:18 PM »
the usual excuse is "this or that is not safe, it messes up the network, etc" ::) ::) ::) 
Which is why they banned "Smiley Central" from us.   :'(