Author Topic: Dolphins making the Pats their bitch!!!  (Read 1966 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Dolphins making the Pats their bitch!!!
« on: September 21, 2008, 11:22:48 AM »
21-6 halftime score. 3 TD's for Ronnie Brown.

It's not over but man would this be an embarrasing loss.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Dolphins making the Pats their bitch!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 12:22:57 PM »

This is unreal.

The worst part about it, though, is that now Joey Porter will NEVER shut up. 

Actually, the worst part is that I drafted Donté Stallworth and Jerry Porter (don't ask) before Ronnie Brown was picked up with the 108th selection.  I did get Turner on the cheap, though. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 12:59:14 PM »
38-13.

That is a BEAT DOWN. 4 TD's by Ronnie Brown. So much for that NE front seven.

Now I don't feel as bad for the Ravens, who gave Miami their only victory last year.

The Tuna strikes again! Parcells may not be coaching this team, but the attitude he brings to this team is noticeable.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 01:19:01 PM »
I'm assuming that Body88 is working on his 8th and 9th beers right now, wondering what the hell happended.....

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 02:10:44 PM »
I loved every last second of it. Still think New England will sneak in the playoffs with a wild card.

body88

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 03:36:07 PM »
I was at the game. I don't take nearly as much joy in pats wins or losses as rival fans. Its one bad game, it happens. Reminds me of when The pats got their ass's kicked by the Bills in 2004 ( the year Law was cut), and they came back to win the sb.

I still think the east will come down to NE and the Bills. The pats played a pretty good jets team last week, and they won. Seems to me that the pats thought this was going to be a cake walk, and they got their butts kicked in the process. The pats have plenty of talent, so I think they will be ok in the end.

I give Miami all the credit in the world, they did a great job.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 04:01:28 PM »
I was at the game. I don't take nearly as much joy in pats wins or losses as rival fans. Its one bad game, it happens. Reminds me of when The pats got their ass's kicked by the Bills in 2004 ( the year Law was cut), and they came back to win the sb.

I still think the east will come down to NE and the Bills. The pats played a pretty good jets team last week, and they won. Seems to me that the pats thought this was going to be a cake walk, and they got their butts kicked in the process. The pats have plenty of talent, so I think they will be ok in the end.

I give Miami all the credit in the world, they did a great job.

QB and secondary are still your biggest weakness. Which is surprising, considering it was your front seven that got manhandled.

body88

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 04:32:02 PM »
QB and secondary are still your biggest weakness. Which is surprising, considering it was your front seven that got manhandled.

Qb is a given...Secondary is a weakness on any team if your front seven is not doing what they are supposed to. The pats had won 21 straight regular season games. There are going to be games that they stink. Last week the secondary was awesome. In reality It's slighly above average, and was exposed due to the lines play today.

Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, Greene and Wright are def one of the top combo's of d-linemen in the NFL. I will give them a Mulligan on this one.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 04:33:53 PM »
looks like that offense out of Auburn, Jason Williams, Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams are starting to come into their own, when Cadillac gets on track.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 04:38:37 PM »
Cadillac's career is probably over. Hope I'm wrong.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 04:47:03 PM »

Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, Greene and Wright are def one of the top combo's of d-linemen in the NFL. I will give them a Mulligan on this one.
[/quote]

Giving up four TD's on the ground to one player is a pretty big mulligan.

body88

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 06:08:34 PM »
Guts, Are you saying they are not a top unit in the NFL? Please look at their history, and tell me why today was nothing more than an anomaly. Examples of similar breakdowns, stats? Again, the patriots had won TWENTY ONE ( an NFL record) regular season games before todays loss.

Seymour, Wilfork and Warren are most defiantly one of the top D lines in football. I don't even think it's debatable. It's not like the d-line where the only players getting pounded today.

I give the phins all the credit in the world. Good teams get their ass kicked all the time. Having watched Warren, Sey and Wilfork since they came into the NFL, I must say I have zero concern about their play today.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 06:10:25 PM »
As a Phins fan no one is more surprised than i am. although i thought it would be a fairly close game with a pats win. i didnt think it would be a blow out thats for sure. the only thing that bothers me is that the phins had to resort to a bunch of trick plays, or am i wrong? although giving ronnie 4 rushing td's is crazy, you'd think that the pats d would have shut him down, being that Chad has no range. the bills should have lost today, but trent and the team are gaining all kinds of confidence, they look for real. its still early in the season though...

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 06:15:30 PM »
Guts, Are you saying they are not a top unit in the NFL? Please look at their history, and tell me why today was nothing more than an anomaly. Again, the patriots had won TWENTY ONE ( an NFL record) regular season games before todays loss.

Seymour, Wilfork and Warren are most defiantly one of the top D lines in football. I don't even think it's debatable.
it goes both ways, one day does not make a season. im sure the pats arent going to spend too much time looking at this film. just chalk it up to a fucked up day and move on focus on the next game. for every game the pats lost in the last two years, the phins won. im not getting too excited until i see consistency. however it was a GREAT win!!

body88

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2008, 06:18:37 PM »
it goes both ways, one day does not make a season. im sure the pats arent going to spend too much time looking at this film. just chalk it up to a fucked up day and move on focus on the next game. for every game the pats lost in the last two years, the phins won. im not getting too excited until i see consistency. however it was a GREAT win!!

I give the phins all the credit in the world. You guys kicked ass today. On the same token, it's one game, and going by history, I think claiming that the play of the patriots defense today was an anomaly -- is not out of line at all.

That said, I'm not trying to say the phins play today was a fluke. They deserved to win, and they kicked the shit out of my team.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2008, 06:26:10 PM »
Guts, Are you saying they are not a top unit in the NFL? Please look at their history, and tell me why today was nothing more than an anomaly. Examples of similar breakdowns, stats? Again, the patriots had won TWENTY ONE ( an NFL record) regular season games before todays loss.

Seymour, Wilfork and Warren are most defiantly one of the top D lines in football. I don't even think it's debatable. It's not like the d-line where the only players getting pounded today.

I give the phins all the credit in the world. Good teams get their ass kicked all the time. Having watched Warren, Sey and Wilfork since they came into the NFL, I must say I have zero concern about their play today.

Body88, for the sake of argument I will say that a loss like that is not an anomaly. If Brady were behind center today and they still lose to the Dolphins, that's an anomaly.

That loss to the Dolphins personifies how valuable Brady is to your team. You have mainly him to thank for your 21 straight wins.

And because of that loss, Joey Porter will never shut up now.

He looked good huh, Earl1972? 3 sacks and a forced fumble.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2008, 06:29:29 PM »
. On the same token, it's one game, and going by history, I think claiming that the play of the patriots defense today was an anomaly -- is not out of line at all.

thats what i was basically trying to say. i was more surprised than impressed with todays win, there's a huge difference.

body88

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 06:03:14 AM »
Body88, for the sake of argument I will say that a loss like that is not an anomaly. If Brady were behind center today and they still lose to the Dolphins, that's an anomaly.

That loss to the Dolphins personifies how valuable Brady is to your team. You have mainly him to thank for your 21 straight wins.

And because of that loss, Joey Porter will never shut up now.

He looked good huh, Earl1972? 3 sacks and a forced fumble.

Brady couldn't stop the pats from giving up 38 points. Also, your point goes both ways, The Pats beat a much improved Jets team with Cassel as the qb. I know how valuable Brady is to the pats, but to expect Cassel not to have growing pains is unfair, imo.

I made the point that yesterdays defensive performance was an anomaly for the pats. Please show me with facts and stats why it wasn't. I know it's sexy to call out the pats for Cassel and their secondary, but I want to know why (as a defensive unit ) yesterdays performance was not a rarity for the Patriots. Over 400 yards to the phins? Yet they beat a much better Jets team?

I love ya, but I think you knee-jerk react to things at times. That's not to say you don't know a hell of a lot about football, and constantly fill any argument with relative quantifiable information. In my opinion, this loss reminds me of when Belichick cut law in 2004, and the Bills came into Foxboro with Law and beat the pats down. The Pats went on to win the sb that year, and finish 14-2.

Trust me, I know that the loss of Brady was a six win subtraction from the season (at least), but I think this team can go 10 - 6 and make the playoffs. I have to give Cassel a little more time before I form my opinion on him. Imagine the pressure on him right now. He's still learning.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 07:55:24 AM »
Brady couldn't stop the pats from giving up 38 points. Also, your point goes both ways, The Pats beat a much improved Jets team with Cassel as the qb. I know how valuable Brady is to the pats, but to expect Cassel not to have growing pains is unfair, imo.

I made the point that yesterdays defensive performance was an anomaly for the pats. Please show me with facts and stats why it wasn't. I know it's sexy to call out the pats for Cassel and their secondary, but I want to know why (as a defensive unit ) yesterdays performance was not a rarity for the Patriots. Over 400 yards to the phins? Yet they beat a much better Jets team?

I love ya, but I think you knee-jerk react to things at times. That's not to say you don't know a hell of a lot about football, and constantly fill any argument with relative quantifiable information. In my opinion, this loss reminds me of when Belichick cut law in 2004, and the Bills came into Foxboro with Law and beat the pats down. The Pats went on to win the sb that year, and finish 14-2.

Trust me, I know that the loss of Brady was a six win subtraction from the season (at least), but I think this team can go 10 - 6 and make the playoffs. I have to give Cassel a little more time before I form my opinion on him. Imagine the pressure on him right now. He's still learning.

I thought Lawyer Milloy was cut by the Pats and went to Buffalo. That was in 2003 if I remember. Ty Law did the same in '04?

The main element missing in the Pats offense is the inability to go deep. Cassel has yet to go over the top to Randy Moss.  Keeps throwing short passes like it's a chuck and duck offense.

I'm a chronic knee-jerker. I can't help it. But hey, that's what makes our debates fun.

body88

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2008, 08:29:21 AM »
Cassel went 50 yards to Moss in his first start. It's only been three games homey. Thats said you are correct, Cassel needs to open it up. Thats will come with time.

In regards to Milloy in 2003, you are correct. That was an error on my part, haha! That Bills game was right after Milloy was cut!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2008, 09:38:10 AM »
Cassel went 50 yards to Moss in his first start. It's only been three games homey. Thats said you are correct, Cassel needs to open it up. Thats will come with time.

In regards to Milloy in 2003, you are correct. That was an error on my part, haha! That Bills game was right after Milloy was cut!

I know your team better that you do. ;)

How about Lawyer getting that DUI last weekend, huh?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2008, 04:26:33 PM »
This further exposes NE's defense; even with Brady they weren't going deep and will have to rebuild or at least reshape sizable parts of the team as i said a few weeks ago.

Cassel opening it up isn't the answer; at best they win some games by high scores at worst he's intercepted alot. The problems are in other areas.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2008, 06:20:31 PM »
This further exposes NE's defense; even with Brady they weren't going deep and will have to rebuild or at least reshape sizable parts of the team as i said a few weeks ago.

Cassel opening it up isn't the answer; at best they win some games by high scores at worst he's intercepted alot. The problems are in other areas.

Right....the apparent lack of a vertical passing attack.