Author Topic: DALLAS FUKING COWBOYS  (Read 6139 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
DALLAS FUKING COWBOYS
« on: September 21, 2008, 08:28:59 PM »
Alright like i said they still have some shit to work on but folks you are looking at the next superbowl champs...and 88 you are right jones is gonna be a great player probably not a every down back but a great asset to any offense or special teams unit.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: DALLAS FUKING COWBOYS
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 08:33:56 PM »
folks you are looking at the next superbowl champs
Agreed.

To put this into perspective of their depth... Felix Jones runs for a 60 yard touchdown, then spends the rest of the game mostly on the bench. Speed kills in football, I think he runs like a 4.3, just runs past dbs no problem. They are the Mike Tyson of football, scary talent, will win alot of games before they even get off of the bus but come playoff time will they be able to answer the bell when hit in the mouth hard?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 08:40:31 PM »
Agreed.

To put this into perspective of their depth... Felix Jones runs for a 60 yard touchdown, then spends the rest of the game mostly on the bench. Speed kills in football, I think he runs like a 4.3, just runs past dbs no problem. They are the Mike Tyson of football, scary talent, will win alot of games before they even get off of the bus but come playoff time will they be able to answer the bell when hit in the mouth hard?
I totally agree i think they can beat any team out there but i think their running game is key. I like how they tried to establish their running game tonight early even when they struggled. When they get into the playoffs if i were them i would rely on the running game more so than the passing game and pass when the oppurtunity is right rather than forcing it

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 08:53:35 PM »
I'm one of the biggest Dallas fans around but I think it is a little early to say Super Bowl Champs.

We gotta stay healthy.

Good win though.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 08:57:15 PM »
What do y'all think about PacMan so far? He wraps up pretty good on tackles and plays agressive ball. Can't say I have any complaints just yet...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 08:58:30 PM »
I'm one of the biggest Dallas fans around but I think it is a little early to say Super Bowl Champs.

We gotta stay healthy.

Good win though.
agreed, im just a little happy b/c ive been saying romo is a good qb for 3 yrs now and everybody i know has been giving me nothing but shit. Honestly though if they didnt make it to the superbowl this year i would be greatly disappointed.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 09:00:53 PM »
What do y'all think about PacMan so far? He wraps up pretty good on tackles and plays agressive ball. Can't say I have any complaints just yet...
I agree there are time though ive seen him play a little to aggressive trying to jump routes and stuff and i think that might bite him in the ass but with williams back there i would probably play more aggresive as well. It also kinda sucks Fantasy football wise that they took him off returns but with felix jones back there you cant really blame them.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 09:07:11 PM »

I think he gets lost in coverage when the play gets extended and he seems to drop a lot of would-be ints.

That being said, he looks to have the skills to be a pretty good cover man once he gets back into the groove.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 11:02:33 PM »
Much as it pains me to say it, they are probably the best team in the NFL right now. 

I hate the Cowboys. 

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 11:03:00 PM »
ive been saying romo is a good qb for 3 yrs now and everybody i know has been giving me nothing but shit

Your observation on Romo is pretty obvious to everyone actually.

The boys are good but not great, nowhere near a shoe-in.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 05:04:42 AM »
Your observation on Romo is pretty obvious to everyone actually.

The boys are good but not great, nowhere near a shoe-in.
well it wasnt when he first started for them, which is when i made my observation...and i agree but they have more talent and weapons than probably any team in the league right now.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 06:36:01 AM »
I totally agree i think they can beat any team out there but i think their running game is key. I like how they tried to establish their running game tonight early even when they struggled. When they get into the playoffs if i were them i would rely on the running game more so than the passing game and pass when the oppurtunity is right rather than forcing it
Some of it is dictated by what the defense gives you. Green Bay was obviously trying  not to give up the big play and had their safetys back alot, and put in some nickel defense. This allowed Barber to get out on a few runs. The first half didn't even look that spectacular and the Cowboys still had 200 yards of offense! You will lead the league with those numbers. Philly played that really aggressive defense, where the safeties were brought up and with the good offensive line blocking(I don't think they even sacked Romo) this allowed Romo to throw those bombs. Combined with McNabb playing lights out, that led to the shoot-out we seen on Monday Night Football.

Still think it all comes down to the playoff though!

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 06:39:07 AM »
Alright like i said they still have some shit to work on but folks you are looking at the next superbowl champs...and 88 you are right jones is gonna be a great player probably not a every down back but a great asset to any offense or special teams unit.
I wouldn't over look the Eagles quite yet...they played a helluva game last monday against the Cowboys the two turn overs hurt them I think these two will meet in the NFC championship but still alot of football to be played

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 11:38:32 AM »
dallas is the last team i want to see win the super bowl

the season is still very young

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 01:59:18 PM »
True.  Still a lot of football to played.  And you know we're due at least one T.O. meltdown.   :)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 02:28:31 PM »
I wouldn't over look the Eagles quite yet...they played a helluva game last monday against the Cowboys the two turn overs hurt them I think these two will meet in the NFC championship but still alot of football to be played
true but i dont think that game should have been as close as it was, romo made some shitty mistakes that let them stay in the game. I wouldnt be suprised to see them go far this year as well they have a butt load of talent on that team as well.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 07:43:19 AM »
The defense has issues. No question about it. The have star talent but lack killer instinct to shut oppenents down where they are on the ropes.

Expect to see a lot of 34-24 scoring games this season.

body88

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 08:33:51 AM »
How about my boy Felix Jones?  ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 07:53:38 PM »
How about my boy Felix Jones?  ;D
yes sir picked him up for my fantasy team...

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2008, 08:07:20 PM »
simmer down a little

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2008, 08:19:42 AM »
The defense has issues. No question about it. The have star talent but lack killer instinct to shut oppenents down where they are on the ropes.

Expect to see a lot of 34-24 scoring games this season.

That Defensive problem may hurt them in the play offs.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2008, 10:17:43 AM »
It did last year in the second half playoff loss to the Giants.

Cowboys are all flash and offense.

Defense wins championships, period.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 05:10:02 PM »
We used to sneak under the fence in Thousand Oaks, CA and watch them during training camp.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2008, 07:44:41 PM »
Their defense is fine and will get better.

I think the Eagles have a good defense also, even after the Cowboys game. One game doesn't dictate how good or bad a defense is.

Just ask Pittsburg.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 08:52:59 PM »
Their defense is fine and will get better.

I think the Eagles have a good defense also, even after the Cowboys game. One game doesn't dictate how good or bad a defense is.

Just ask Pittsburg.
exactly their defense will only get better probably slack off towards the end of the season but their defense is just as talented as their offense just less known.