Author Topic: In defence of the americans....  (Read 5306 times)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
Re: In defence of the americans....
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 01:22:05 PM »
That's why you likely won't see me on either of THOSE continents. There is a whole corner of the world with lots of economic opportunities.  ;)

So what part of the world are you thinking?

Still, there are some fundamental differences. No European country (European Union) has nearly a 1000 military bases in over 130 countries which costs it $1.3 trillion a year, for maintenance alone. Sie liegen Welten auseinander und daher kann man nur ganz schlecht einen direkten Vergleich ziehen.

Agreed.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2008, 01:33:17 PM »
So what part of the world are you thinking?

Agreed.

Well, for better or worse, Asia will continue to grow; if I cannot find suitable work in Europe, it is off to Asia for me.
I hate the State.

wordy

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2008, 01:46:21 PM »
Like everything else in the World there are good and bad people everywhere, be they Americans, English, French, Iraqis, Afghans. The good people should get respect, the bad contempt.

*EDIT* Apart from the Scottish, they're all dickheads.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2008, 02:13:10 PM »
I worked with a scottish girl.

She was so annoying i just wanted to spit on her

mac7000

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2008, 10:21:04 PM »
Most Americans are good people my dad came over from Larne N.Ireland when he was a kid. We carried on the Irish Catholic tradition over in the states... 10 kids in my family.

Like any country you have to watch out for the red necks who live outside the cities.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2010, 01:21:48 AM »
FYI most of the so-called  "red necks" have Irish roots :> Riddle me this... How many Jewish red necks are there? LOL

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2010, 12:23:33 PM »
Most Americans are good people my dad came over from Larne N.Ireland when he was a kid. We carried on the Irish Catholic tradition over in the states... 10 kids in my family.

Like any country you have to watch out for the red necks who live outside the cities.

Larne is 20miles from where I live. It is quite a staunchly protestant place now. Not such a nice place anymore - kinda old and rundown looking.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2010, 01:37:15 AM »
Thanks man! While there are plenty of a-holes in the USA, the American ideals of freedom, individual rights, and the pursuit of happiness are the best 8)
Exactly. Nobody in the world (despite "they hate our freedoms" ::) ) disagrees with the ideals the US was founded on. What causes a lot of backlash is the lies and hypocrisy surrounding those ideals. And also of course the tireless mantra of "USA #1!". The US hasn't been #1 in something positive in a long time, so STFU with the empty rhetoric. That alone would quell most of the "hate" towards the US.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2010, 01:43:05 AM »
i can see why people hate the US, its justified in alot of cases..but i never understood europeans hating the US and americans so much though, they really aren't victims of anything the US has done, they pretty much have only benefited from the US' existence, financially and otherwise,pretty significantly. i don't think europeans should grovel at our feet or anything, but at least not hate and insult so much, specifically american people.  oh well, im sure this will change if/when a non-western country becomes superpower.
One funny example: "Freedom Fries". Talk about hate towards another country. France refused to be used as a puppet in an illegal war, and the whole US (including your government) vilified them. THAT is the sort of behavior that creates resentment. Another example: The "Invasion of The Hague" act. Or "agree to these trade tariffs, even though they go only one way". Or "we are putting nukes in your back yard whether you like it or not".

I don't think any significant amount of Europeans hate American individuals. But your government? Most definitely.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2010, 04:07:08 AM »
Is it true the these US ideals of "freedom, individual rights, and the persuit of happiness" can trace their orgins from the British Magna Carte? Sorry, but I'm too much of a lazy ass to research it on my own LOL

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2010, 08:29:30 AM »
the first people went to america and said lets set this ountry up right with good principles, and they were spot on the country grew faster than any place in history.  then the brits (im one) said lets get our dirty greedy central bank over there and control the country and slowly work those rights back out from under their feet. i dont hate the usa, i hate that they had it all and let greedy bankers slowly take it all back off them

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2010, 09:33:02 AM »
dj... yes... it's true... 1215... It led to what most people refer to today as "common law".

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2010, 08:37:03 AM »
Many things and folks I like were made in USA.
Many bad things there but also some mighty good ones.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2010, 08:12:37 AM »
WTF  :D, the first  post of this thread, what a load of horse shit!