Author Topic: The Official Biden Foot in Mouth aka Weekend at Biden's Thread  (Read 104096 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: The Official Biden Foot in Mouth Thread
« Reply #250 on: November 19, 2012, 08:32:13 PM »
Biden: Obama Wants to Golf in Ireland, But I Don’t Want To Take Him (Gaffin' Joe Rides Again!)
 Washington Examiner ^ | November 18, 2012 | 8:07 pm | Joel Gehrke

Posted on Monday, November 19, 2012 5:41:56 PM by drewh

Biden: Obama wants to golf in Ireland, but I don’t want to take him

Joel Gehrke Commentary Writer The Washington Examiner

@Joelmentum Joel on FB Popular in PoliticsTraveling abroad, President Obama dons a traditional Indonesian Batik shirt Petraeus chose 'Jackie Kennedy' package for wedding Obama in Burma: ‘I cannot just impose my will on Congress, even though sometimes I wish I could’ TSA issues holiday warning to ‘Opt Out and Film’ privacy rights activists Jeb, Christie on top for 2016 President Obama wants to go on a golf trip to Ireland, but Vice President Joe Biden doesn’t want to take him. Biden recounted his conversation with the president during a pit stop in Hoboken, N.J., where he has been surveying the damage caused by Hurricane Sandy.

“I turned to him, I said, “Barack, now that this election’s over, I’m going to Ireland,” Biden told the patrons of Benny Tudino’s Pizzeria, per the pool report. “You know what he said to me? He said, ‘would you take me with you? I want to play golf.’ I said, ‘I’m not so sure. But I’m going. I’m going to see where my mother is from and my mother’s father and my mother’s mother.’”

Obama has played over 100 rounds of golf as president. The habit became so pronounced that Republicans turned it into a running joke, to the chagrin of a golf lobbying group.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonexaminer.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #251 on: December 03, 2012, 01:44:40 PM »
Cannot believe we have four more years of this.

Biden Congratulates Accused Child Rapist for Election He Didn't Win
Monday, 03 Dec 2012
By Stephen Feller

Vice President Joe Biden mailed a letter congratulating Republican candidate Eric Bodenweiser for his election to the Delaware State Senate, apparently unaware of one major thing: Bodenweiser bowed out of the race almost a month before election day after he was arrested on child rape charges.

Bryan Pettyjohn, who actually won the seat, started a write-in campaign after Bodenweiser was arrested, winning 60 percent of the vote on election day, according to Delaware Online.

The congratulatory letter to a winner in Biden’s home state apparently was based on Bodenweiser’s name still appearing in election records. State officials attempted to place signs in polling places and stickers on paper ballots to make voters aware of the change, however Department of Elections computer systems may not have noted the change.

Biden’s letter was received by Pettyjohn’s office with other form letters addressed to election winners, according to an unnamed staffer who referred to them as “suitable for framing.”

“As you prepare for the responsibilities and challenges of public office, I encourage you to reflect on the extraordinary moment we are living in,” Biden wrote. “We have an economy to improve, a workforce to rebuild, a Nation to defend, an environment to protect and a future to secure for our children.”

Bodenweiser was indicted on allegations he raped a boy 39 times, beginning when he was 13, between 1987 and 1990.

http://www.newsmax.com/US/biden-congratulations-letter-senate/2012/12/03/id/466234

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: March 20, 2013, 10:41:58 AM »
Joe Biden: U.S. nearly got power of the papacy
Washington Times ^ | 3-20-13 | Dave Boyer

Posted on Wednesday, March 20, 2013 1:14:45 PM by afraidfortherepublic

Vice President Joseph R. Biden said Wednesday the U.S. “almost had a chance at power” of the papacy, asserting that Boston Cardinal Sean O’Malley nearly got elected pope.

“We almost made it big,” Mr. Biden said. “We almost had a chance at power. We came that close, that close.”

~snip~

The vice president also read the first line of a poem by his grandfather called “My Mother’s Land A-Ruin,” the first line of which went: “Oh how I hate the name of England …” Mr. Biden asked members of the media to consider his recitation humorous.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: May 02, 2013, 10:43:14 AM »
Biden: 'There Should Be Two Senators from the State of D.C.'

Biden compares a woman coming of age to "a snake in the bed."

7:49 AM, May 2, 2013• By DANIEL HALPER

Send to Kindle

Single PagePrintLarger TextSmaller TextAlerts

Last night in Washington, Joe Biden stated that abused women fear getting "raped again by the system." He also made the push that Washington, D.C. should be its own state, with two U.S. senators.

Via the pool report:

Piles of Bidens are here. In addition to Kathleen [Biden's daughter], VP Biden's wife Jill, his sons Beau and Hunter, and his granddaughters Maisy and Finnegan are also here.

VP Biden began his remarks by praising Kathleen for the passion she brings to the cause. He described his initial push for VAWA in the early 90s, when "nobody thought very much of it," including women's groups. Biden singled out D.C. delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton for her help in getting it passed -- and gave a plug to D.C. having equal representation in Congress.

"By the way, there should be two senators from the state of D.C.," he said to hoots and hollers.

Two new U.S. senators from Washington, D.C. would almost surely be Democrats. In the last presidential election, President Obama picked up 91.4 percent of the vote in Washington, D.C.; Mitt Romney picked up only 7.1 percent.

Biden also made comments about women coming of age:

He spoke of the wonders of having granddaughters: "All you women out there: Daughters are wonderful. Granddaughters are betters." He lamented, though, that they grow up.

"When they're 12 to 14, a dad puts his beautiful little daughter to bed. And then the next morning, there's a snake in the bed."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: June 13, 2013, 07:07:45 PM »
Joe Biden: Al Gore ‘was elected president’.
By Rachel Rose Hartman, Yahoo! News
Political Reporter
By Rachel Rose Hartman, Yahoo! News | The Ticket – Wed, Jun 12, 2013

In remarks made on Tuesday night at a fundraiser for Massachusetts Senate candidate Ed Markey in front of an audience of donating (doting?) Democrats, Biden went for the jugular.

In a reference to Al Gore, who introduced Biden at the Washington, D.C., event, Biden said, "This man was elected president of the United States of America," according to the pool report.

"But for the good of the nation, when the bad decision, in my view, was made, he did the right thing for the nation," Biden continued.

The Supreme Court decided the 2000 presidential election in favor of George W. Bush, a decision accepted by former Vice President Gore. But the election left a deep wound in the Democratic Party, one that Biden was happy to pour salt in Tuesday as he sought to drum up cash as well as energy for Markey.

"I’ve served longer than all but 13 members of the United States Senate. I can’t think of very many who would put his country first like that at a really, really, really difficult time. There’s an awful lot of folks Al and I both know who have run for president and still haven’t gotten over it," Biden said.

“Al, you set an example for this country that is going to live as long as recorded history, about the man who won by a decision that I think constitutional scholars now and in the future will conclude was an ill-fated decision,” Biden said. “The way you stepped up, it was amazing.”

Democrats are eager to elect Markey later this month to succeed John Kerry, who was appointed secretary of state, and avoid a repeat of 2010. That year, Republican Scott Brown won the Massachusetts Senate special election, embarrassing Democrats with a stunning upset in the traditionally Democratic-leaning state.

Biden played on those feelings on Tuesday night by attacking well-known outspoken freshman Republicans in the senate—the ones that really get Democrats' hackles up.

“It’s a pretty simple proposition: The United States of America, and the state of Massachusetts, does not need another Republican in the Senate,” Biden said, also according to the pool report. “I’m being straight about this. This is not your father’s Republican Party. It really is a fundamentally different party. There’s never been as much distance, at least since I’ve been alive, distance between where the mainstream of the Republican congressional party is and the Democratic Party is. It’s a chasm. It’s a gigantic chasm.

“I’m not talking about the character or even the quality of the minds of the people I’m going to mention. But the last thing in the world we need now is someone who will go down to the United States Senate and support [Texas freshman Sen.] Ted Cruz, support the new senator from Kentucky—or the old senator from Kentucky," Biden said, referring to freshman Sen. Rand Paul and veteran Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.

“Think about this,” he said. “Have you ever seen a time when two freshman senators are able to cower the bulk of the Republican Party in the Senate? That is not hyperbole.”

President Barack Obama is scheduled to speak on Wednesday at an event for Markey in Roxbury Crossing, Mass.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/joe-biden-al-gore-elected-president-140302538.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: September 17, 2013, 06:21:18 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: December 06, 2013, 09:15:50 AM »
I have no words . . . .

Obama: History Will View Biden as 'One of Best' Vice Presidents Ever
Friday, 06 Dec 2013
By Melissa Clyne

President Barack Obama predicts that gaffe-prone Vice President Joe Biden “will go down as in history as one of the best vice presidents ever.”

“And he has been with me, at my side, in every tough decision that I've made — from going after (Osama) bin Laden to dealing with the health care issues to, you name it, he's been there,” the president told MSNBC's Chris Matthews, USA Today reports.

But when pressed, Obama refused to choose between Biden or former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, should both seek the White House in 2016.

"Not a chance am I going there," he told Matthews, quickly channeling a politician’s savvy.

"Both Hillary and Joe would make outstanding presidents, and possess the qualities that are needed to be outstanding presidents,” he said during the 40-minute interview at American University in Washington.

Hillary Clinton, he continued, will also make history as one of the finest secretaries of state.

She “helped to transition us away from a deep hole that we were in when I first came into office around the world. And to rebuild confidence and trust in the United States.”

According to MSNBC, Clinton leads various polls asking voters who they would support for president in 2016. One recent poll showed 70 percent of voters favored Clinton, compared with just 9 percent for Biden.

Biden, famous for sticking his foot in his mouth, referred to as “Bidenisms,” most recently made headlines when he mistakenly called the wrong Martin Walsh to congratulate him on becoming Boston’s next mayor.

Some other noteworthy Bidenisms:

You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking," Biden said  in a private remark to an Indian-American man caught on C-SPAN, June, 2006.

“A successful dump!" Biden said, explaining his trip dropping deadwood at the dump to the reporters outside his home in Wilmington, Del., on Aug. 20, 2008.

"Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs," Biden said in Athens, Ohio, on Oct. 15, 2008.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/joe-biden-barack-obama-vice-president-2016/2013/12/05/id/540354#ixzz2miRwOaiB

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #260 on: December 06, 2013, 09:29:38 AM »
God I hope this clown runs in 2016...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: March 03, 2014, 11:38:38 AM »

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #262 on: March 03, 2014, 03:10:44 PM »

LOL!  Aren't you the same idiot getbigger that somehow thought I was a Canadian?

too freakin' funny

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: March 03, 2014, 03:15:42 PM »
LOL!  Aren't you the same idiot getbigger that somehow thought I was a Canadian?

too freakin' funny

Just to clarify, I said you sound like Jag.  Your responses to my comment that you sound like Jag, made you sound even more like Jag.  And you protested like a woman, which makes you still more like Jag.  :)  But who cares?  Other than you?   

In any event, this is about Joe Biden. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #264 on: March 03, 2014, 03:22:27 PM »

really,wow big deal,like he going to know she was canadian,i could see if they were in canada

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: March 03, 2014, 05:34:49 PM »
 :-\

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #266 on: March 03, 2014, 05:38:49 PM »
Just to clarify, I said you sound like Jag.  Your responses to my comment that you sound like Jag, made you sound even more like Jag.  And you protested like a woman, which makes you still more like Jag.  :)  But who cares?  Other than you?   

In any event, this is about Joe Biden. 

Why am I not surprised that you associate protesting with women, ya old creeper?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: March 03, 2014, 05:42:50 PM »
Why am I not surprised that you associate protesting with women, ya old creeper?

You acting like a weirdo makes you sound even more like Jag.  But, again, nobody cares.   :)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #268 on: March 03, 2014, 06:02:05 PM »
You acting like a weirdo makes you sound even more like Jag.  But, again, nobody cares.   :)

Uh, yeah. 

You're the one making accusations that you won't explain as well as saying that protesting is something a woman would do but I'm the weirdo.  Good luck with that.

Admit it;  You quipped "protesting like a woman" without realizing that it could make you sound like an old molester-type, right?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: March 03, 2014, 06:04:40 PM »
Uh, yeah. 

You're the one making accusations that you won't explain as well as saying that protesting is something a woman would do but I'm the weirdo.  Good luck with that.

Admit it;  You quipped "protesting like a woman" without realizing that it could make you sound like an old molester-type, right?

I admit you sound like a weirdo.  And a woman.   :)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #270 on: March 03, 2014, 06:20:24 PM »
I admit you sound like a weirdo.  And a woman.   :)

Less than masculine use of the emoticon noted, Dr Freud.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: March 19, 2014, 10:24:01 AM »
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/19/joe-biden-told-eastern-europe-something-thats-simply-not-true

:(

Beat me to it.  lol

Biden’s Gavel Gaffe in Poland
BY JONATHAN ALLEN  | MARCH 18, 2014

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden (L) and Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk talk during their meeting in Warsaw, Poland on March 18, 2013.
Vice President Joe Biden wandered a little off course on a trip down memory lane today.

“Fifteen years ago, I was honored, as the chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, to lead the fight for Poland’s admission into NATO,” Biden said in Warsaw during a visit designed to reassure America’s Eastern European allies in the wake of Russia’s move to take control of Crimea.

The only problem: Biden wasn’t chairman back then.

It was Sen. Jesse Helms, a North Carolina Republican, who guided the committee and launched the floor debate on granting NATO accession to Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic. Biden did lead minority Democrats in approving the treaty resolution, after having initially expressed doubts about the political viability of expanding NATO.

“If we are really going to alienate the Russians,” Biden asked in January 1997, according to New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman, “what are we going to get for it?”

Biden went on to make the point that it needed more public discourse — which it got before he signed on — to have any chance of winning popular support.

“Right now, if I stand up and start talking with my constituents about the price, if I tell them, ‘We are about to extend our nuclear umbrella to Slovakia,’ I wonder how many people in Dagsboro, Del., are going to say, ‘Hey, that’s a great idea.’”

By the time the Senate was ready to debate the treaty in committee and on the floor, Biden had become an ardent advocate for its approval.

“The committee, under Chairman Helms’ leadership, has been holding a series of comprehensive hearings since October on the pros and cons of enlarging NATO,” Biden said on the floor Feb. 11, 1998. “For 40 years, the United States loudly proclaimed its solidarity with the captive nations of Central and Eastern Europe who were under the heel of communist oppressors. Now that most of them have cast off their shackles, it is our responsibility, in my view, to live up to our pledges to readmit them into the West through NATO and the European Union as they qualify.”

http://go.bloomberg.com/political-capital/2014-03-18/bidens-gavel-gaffe-in-poland/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: April 08, 2014, 11:13:25 AM »