Author Topic: Is McCain using the economy as an excuse to back out of debates?  (Read 1711 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Is McCain using the economy as an excuse to back out of debates?
« on: September 24, 2008, 12:14:44 PM »
It's entirely possibly to both have the debate, and solve the economy problem.  Neither Obama nor McCain are financial experts - they'll just be nodding their heads in meetings while Dodd and others who know what they're tlaking about, are doing the decision making.

This lets McCain bail out of a debate.  After all the talk of "why won't obama have a town hall meeting?"

Maybe when he's president, McCain will learn to balance 2 things at once?

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
Re: Is McCain using the economy as an excuse to back out of debates?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 12:18:47 PM »
Dodd knowing what he is doing.
HAHAHAHHA

Most economic experts saw this coming for the last 3 years.
Dodd did noting except take his money from Freddie Mae and Fannie Mac.
Z

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 12:22:42 PM »
It's entirely possibly to both have the debate, and solve the economy problem.  Neither Obama nor McCain are financial experts - they'll just be nodding their heads in meetings while Dodd and others who know what they're tlaking about, are doing the decision making.

This lets McCain bail out of a debate.  After all the talk of "why won't obama have a town hall meeting?"

Maybe when he's president, McCain will learn to balance 2 things at once?

I guess you forgot the part where Obama claimed that he'd be willing to have a debate with Obama about national security "Anytime, anywhere".

This would be the last debate that McCain would want to postpone, as it's viewed as one of his strengths. He's putting this issue ahead of his own campaign (for the moment, at least).

dkf360

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 12:30:34 PM »
I guess you forgot the part where Obama claimed that he'd be willing to have a debate with Obama about national security "Anytime, anywhere".

This would be the last debate that McCain would want to postpone, as it's viewed as one of his strengths. He's putting this issue ahead of his own campaign (for the moment, at least).

It is a double-edged sword as this is also an oportunity for Obama to expose McCain's weakness in what is considered his core 'strength'. The best move is for his camp to avoid this debate all together.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 12:30:40 PM »

I wonder if you'd feel the same way if Obama cancelled the foreign policy debate 48 hours beforehand.

Also, I wonder what crisis will cancel the VP debate to save Palin's ass ;)

The Coach

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 12:42:37 PM »
No Rob, McCain is doing the right thing. Unlike Obama, he's putting the country first. Something liberals dont understand.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 12:43:36 PM »
No Rob, McCain is doing the right thing. Unlike Obama, he's putting the country first. Something liberals dont understand.

Obama is agreeing to the pause.

What do liberals put first, by the way?

The Coach

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 12:51:12 PM »
Funny, Im watching the news right now and nothing has been mentioned.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 12:52:57 PM »
It's on drudge and cnn.com.

It should be a minute before it reaches broadcast news

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 12:54:00 PM »
This is an economic crisis that cannot drag on so I'm glad its taking precidence.  Plus, Friday is an odd day for a televised debate anyway.

The Coach

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 12:56:14 PM »
Wrong again.....Obama put his politics before the countries needs.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 12:59:54 PM »
Wrong again.....Obama put his politics before the countries needs.

why, becuase McCain was the first to pull out?

The Coach

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 01:05:09 PM »
Hahaha....I knew that was coming. You really think Obama would win a debate on foreign policy with McCain? Just go back to the Saddleback debate where McCain totally rolled Obama.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 01:12:32 PM »

What news are you watching?  It's been on for over an hour now.  if your network isn't covering the debate, you should question their ability to deliver the news.

Hahaha....I knew that was coming. You really think Obama would win a debate on foreign policy with McCain?

Remember 1960?  nixon did better in the debate but looked like shit on camera, and lost the eleciton by 100k votes as a result.  That could easily happen again.  mccain might have all the answers, but if he looks 80 years old and crippled next to a dignified michael jordan, he'll lose swing votes.  It's reality.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 01:14:18 PM »
mccain says its not the time for partisan politics... LOL

i think a retarded llmama can see that mccain is the under-dog and will have his back against the wall on friday but he decided to pussy out anyway....100% politics as usual

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 01:47:56 PM »
Mccain has dropped from 2 points up - to 9 points down - since Sept 7 in general election polls.

(Wash Post)

Obama isn't taking the bait on the 'backing out' thing. 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 01:54:08 PM »
mccain says its not the time for partisan politics... LOL

i think a retarded llama can see that mccain is the under-dog and will have his back against the wall on friday but he decided to pussy out anyway....100% politics as usual

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 01:58:42 PM »

You watch fox news, they only report things right wingers care about

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 02:04:26 PM »
was he putting the country first when he picked sara palin? why dont you put 'country first' and hang yourself

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2008, 02:15:08 PM »
was he putting the country first when he picked sara palin? why dont you put 'country first' and hang yourself
:D
!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2008, 02:38:39 PM »
Who is Obama going to debate, himself, sorta defeats the purpose. McCain is not in an way afraid of Obama. This is a major crisis an needs to be addressed. 3-4 days will not make any difference. Obama had a chance to lead and McCain trumped him. Now McCain is going back to his job...his job and try and make sure we don't get screwed by this bill.....Obama said he'd be on call....good job asshole.
L

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2008, 02:43:34 PM »
Who is Obama going to debate, himself, sorta defeats the purpose. McCain is not in an way afraid of Obama. This is a major crisis an needs to be addressed. 3-4 days will not make any difference. Obama had a chance to lead and McCain trumped him. Now McCain is going back to his job...his job and try and make sure we don't get screwed by this bill.....Obama said he'd be on call....good job asshole.

I shouldn't expect much more from a Pats bandwagon fan but hey you trump your stupidity with every post.  McCain isn't NEEDED and neither is obama, those two aren't going to do any good, obama did the right thing he said if he's needed he's there, if not then fine.  The last thing congress needs to two presidential candidates trying to score political points and photo ops as if anything either of them do will be the 'saving grace'  obama realises this, mccain is just too retarded to realise he's not needed and smells an opportunity to score political points.  Your delusion is on par with Coach.
Abandon every hope...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 02:44:51 PM »
What exactly does McCain think he can do anyway?

Isn't he the guy who said he doesn't understand economics and also said the the fundamentals of our economy are strong? 

What could be more fundamental to our economy that the banking system?

McCain is next deep in the shit that caused this disaster and he knows it.

I agree with Obama that the debates should go on as planned:

Obama quote from CNN:

"It's my belief that this is exactly the time when the American people need to hear from the person will be the next president," Obama said. "It is going to be part of the president's job to deal with more than one thing at once. It's more important than ever to present ourselves to the American people."

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2008, 02:48:35 PM »
I shouldn't expect much more from a Pats bandwagon fan but hey you trump your stupidity with every post.  McCain isn't NEEDED and neither is obama, those two aren't going to do any good, obama did the right thing he said if he's needed he's there, if not then fine.  The last thing congress needs to two presidential candidates trying to score political points and photo ops as if anything either of them do will be the 'saving grace'  obama realises this, mccain is just too retarded to realise he's not needed and smells an opportunity to score political points.  Your delusion is on par with Coach.

Bandwagon..yeah ok..welcome to the board dipshit.  Its McCains job, unlike ur candidate who thinks his job is to run for office, McCain knows he has to actually do his from time to time. Since the rest of post is worthless I would point u to my oldschool Pats logo....are u actually in KC.
L

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 02:51:16 PM »
McCain won't debate. Palin won't speak.

this is a great presidential ticket !  ::)

NT