Author Topic: Change on chiefs' pay in bailout plan  (Read 448 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Change on chiefs' pay in bailout plan
« on: September 24, 2008, 01:02:59 PM »
White House OKs crucial change on chiefs' pay in bailout plan; Bush readies prime-time speech. WASHINGTON (AP) -- The White House bowed on a major sticking point in the $700 billion financial bailout plan Wednesday, and President Bush readied a prime-time speech to the nation as the administration scrambled to pull loudly resistant lawmakers onboard and stave off a deepening economic crisis.

This is my biggest peeve with Wall Street.

If any company takes a bailout from the government, then they must agree to suspend all bonuses from this year and every year upcoming, plus pay back last years BILLIONS of Bonuses.

I am so tired of listening to a Wall Street exec saying he got a million dollars, and now wants to government to bail him out.  and I am not talking about the top guys, but everyone there.

Lehman has a 2.5 billion bonus account that they still want to pay people, while the local hardworking people who they owe money too will get nothing.

Let them go down in flames.... before the taxpayers take care of their greed.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Change on chiefs' pay in bailout plan
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 01:35:58 PM »
Someone wise said no CEO whose company is being bailed out should earn more than $400k per year (what the president earns)

More than fair.  If you need govt money, you should be limited to govt pay grades.

Especially now that Bush wants $700 billion - with no accountability - to fix things.  A big chunk of that could be CEO paydays, and there would be no way to stop it.