Author Topic: John McCain just backed out of the Friday Presidential Debate  (Read 11564 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
John McCain just backed out of the Friday Presidential Debate
« on: September 24, 2008, 02:03:43 PM »
Mccain is using the discussion over the financial bailout to get out of facing Obama in Friday's Presidential debate in Mississippi.

McCain:
'I'm suspending my campaign' because of financial crisis, and want to delay the debate.

Obama:
"I'm preparing to debate on Friday.'
"My general view is that the american people need to know what we intend to do in moving the economy forward."
"It's more imporant than ever to debate these topics for the American people."

Obama went on to explain he will work hard on the bill, then fly to Miss. for the debate as planned.  After all, a President should be able to multi-task.

NOTE:
Keep in mind - Mccain fell from 2 points up, to NINE POINTS DOWN, from Sept 7th until today.  He hasn't let his VP selection Sarah palin take a single press conference in 4 weeks since announcing, and his campaign is running out of money.  He's now behind in Ohio, and the poll aggregates at www.pollster.com have him losing.  On top of all that, he's going to look very old and fragile next to a younger Obama at the debate, and he didn't want that.

S_Samuel

• Getbig III
Re: John McCain just backed out of the Friday Presidential Debate
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 02:05:05 PM »
I hope you guys elect Obama.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 02:05:05 PM »
Mccain is using the discussion over the financial bailout to get out of facing Obama in Friday's Presidential debate in Mississippi.

McCain:
'I'm suspending my campaign' because of financial crisis, and want to delay the debate.

Obama:
"My general view is that the american people need to know what we intend to do in moving the economy forward."

Obama went on to explain he will work hard on the bill, then fly to Miss. for the debate as planned.  After all, a President should be able to multi-task.

NOTE:
Keep in mind - Mccain fell from 2 points up, to NINE POINTS DOWN, from Sept 7th until today.  He hasn't let his VP selection Sarah palin take a single press conference in 4 weeks since announcing, and his campaign is running out of money.  He's now behind in Ohio, and the poll aggregates at www.pollster.com have him losing.  On top of all that, he's going to look very old and fragile next to a younger Obama at the debate, and he didn't want that.

That doesn't look good for him.

The Coach

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 02:08:15 PM »
Obama = Politics before country.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 02:10:11 PM »
Obama doesn't need to be anywhere near fixing the financial bailout, they need to bring out the true legislative heavyweights to fix that mess.

He'd just vote "present" anyway.

The Coach

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 02:10:55 PM »
Ari Flescher just said McCain is doing the right thing. Wasn't he a Clinton advisor? (Bill Clinton)

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 02:11:02 PM »

McCain choosing Sarah Palin as his VP = Politics before country

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 02:11:11 PM »
I'm honestly with whoever 240's with in the political realm from now on.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 02:12:05 PM »
President Bush is going to address the nation tonight, to try to help McCain on this issue.  Saying it's important for everyone to come to D.C. and talk about it.

In reality, the debate is 90 minutes, and is VERY important for all Americans, to see what these men really think about the issues.  McCain is getting beaten in the polls solidly.  Sarah Palin refuses to talk to anyone, and even lifetime conservative stalwarts such as George Will are saying she is a disaster and not prepared for the job.  He knows that he's about to stand on television and be the face of deregulation, which caused this mess.

This is unprecedented.  Cancelling a debate.  Using the economy as an excuse.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 02:12:45 PM »
Obama doesn't need to be anywhere near fixing the financial bailout, they need to bring out the true legislative heavyweights to fix that mess.

He'd just vote "present" anyway.

LOL!

He'll probably be President though. Hope he does a 180 on energy policy. This country doesn't need a "hopeychange" windmill and butterflies plan.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 02:13:45 PM »
Ari Flescher just said McCain is doing the right thing. Wasn't he a Clinton advisor? (Bill Clinton)

No sir.  Ari has worked for Bush I and Bush 2.  He is a lifetime Republican employee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ari_Fleischer

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 02:13:52 PM »
the obama campaign needs to take full advantage of this opportunity.
oh and if obama wanted to put 'politics first', he would have left his wife and kids for a younger, richer, politically connected woman like John McCain did.

Jizzacked

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 02:14:01 PM »
I just read that warren buffett is one of obama's economic advisors...

mccain is pulling a serious chickenshit move here, he suddenly cares about getting back to his work instead of campaigning, but he hasn't voted on a single bill since april... convenient timing... especially by his own admission that he doesn't exactly have a clue personally about economics.  what difference could he possibly make?

y19mike77

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 02:14:14 PM »
He is putting an American crisis before the campaign. If Obama suggested this you would all be talking how great he is.

Does it bother me? A little bit it does cause we can finally see Obama without a prompter, but at the same time I understand why McCain is doing it.

When it comes to the polls it is without a doubt not a smart move.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 02:14:55 PM »

Can you name one president who was any different?

8)

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 02:15:07 PM »
President Bush is going to address the nation tonight, to try to help McCain on this issue.  Saying it's important for everyone to come to D.C. and talk about it.

In reality, the debate is 90 minutes, and is VERY important for all Americans, to see what these men really think about the issues.  McCain is getting beaten in the polls solidly.  Sarah Palin refuses to talk to anyone, and even lifetime conservative stalwarts such as George Will are saying she is a disaster and not prepared for the job.  He knows that he's about to stand on television and be the face of deregulation, which caused this mess.

I believe that Friday's debate is scheduled to be a foreign policy only debate.  With a domestic policy debate coming in a few weeks.  They should obviously switch the theme of Friday's debate to the economy.

y19mike77

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 02:19:01 PM »
Obama without a doubt put politics before the country and the lives or our troops.

http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/obama_iraq_troop_withdraw/2008/09/16/131238.html

Despite his insistent demands for a rapid withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq, Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama secretly urged Iraqi leaders to delay an agreement that would lead to a draw down in troop numbers.

A blockbuster expose in Monday's New York Post by Amir Tahiri revealed that Obama made his demand for the delay a key theme of his discussions with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad in July, Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari told The Post.

"He asked why we were not prepared to delay an agreement until after the U.S. elections and the formation of a new administration in Washington," Zebari said in an interview with The Post.

Zabari recalled that Obama insisted that Congress should be involved in negotiations on the status of U.S. troops, and that it was in the interests of both sides not to have an agreement negotiated by the Bush administration in its "state of weakness and political confusion."

"However, as an Iraqi, I prefer to have a security agreement that regulates the activities of foreign troops, rather than keeping the matter open," Zebari said.

Obama says he wants U.S. troops out of Iraq by 2010, a development that would be impossible if the status of forces agreement were delayed as he asked the Iraqis.

In addition to his backdoor approach to the Iraqis, The Post said Obama also sought to persuade U.S. commanders, including Gen. David Petraeus, to suggest a "realistic withdrawal date," a request they refused.

The Post noted that, "to be credible, Obma's foreign-policy philosophy requires Iraq to be seen as a failure, a disaster, a quagmire, a pig with lipstick or any of the other apocalyptic adjectives used by the American defeat industry in the past five years."

"Yet Iraq is doing much better than its friends hoped and its enemies feared," The Post stated, adding that "the United Nations mandate will be extended in December, and we may yet get an agreement on the status of forces before President Bush leaves the White House in January."

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 02:19:30 PM »

You, sir, are clueless.   :(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 02:20:45 PM »
McCain choosing Sarah Palin as his VP = Politics before country

Absolutely.

McCain: "Palin knows more about energy than anyone else in the United States".

You look at that statement.  Think about it.  She knows more than every nuclear physicist?  Every PhD form MIT?  Those guys who run the nation's electricity grid?  

He also said she's the best qualified candidate.  That's laughable.  There are men and women FAR more qualified than her, with more years experience in every field.  She has 18 months as governor.  There are people with far stronger resumes.

McCain is dropping in the polls, and he knows that a poor performance would cement it for many voters.  A fluff VP choice, calling himself "The Deregulator" when deregulation caused this mess... if you top it off with him looking tired and old next to an exciting and young Obama, I can see why he'd back out.

But one question.  What happens when Iran, Russia, and Venezuela start conflicts with us?  
Will McCain back out of those challenges too?

The Coach

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2008, 02:21:19 PM »
No, just couldn't remember.

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2008, 02:21:54 PM »

McCain:

Obama:

NOTE:

::) ::) ::) ::)

Stick to being a stay at home father ;)

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2008, 02:22:47 PM »
How about the two debate just the financial crisis from a venue in D.C.?  What better way to show which one of the two is better suited to be President than to debate one of the biggest economic trials to confront the U.S. Government since the great depression.  If the debate is in D.C., the two candidates won't have to spend much time away from congressional debates on the bailout.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 02:23:12 PM »
He is putting an American crisis before the campaign. If Obama suggested this you would all be talking how great he is.

Does it bother me? A little bit it does cause we can finally see Obama without a prompter, but at the same time I understand why McCain is doing it.

When it comes to the polls it is without a doubt not a smart move.

These men have a chance to stand in front of 100 million Americans in this time of crisis, and deliver their solutions to the American people.

The debate can be flexible - move it to DC as offered, so it only takes 90 minutes out of their schedule to step into a room and share their thoughts with America.

McCain doesn't want to face Obama, and he's using this as an excuse.  It is VERY possible to take 90 minutes out, from 9 pm until 1030 pm, on a Friday night.  They can work 15 hours on Friday, and at 8:30, head for make-up and a Coke before 90 minutes for the American people.

Mccain doesn't want to face Obama.  It's that simple.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2008, 02:23:48 PM »

Everything going on right now in the US is unprecedented 240.  We're crumbling down to nothing at a very fast rate.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 02:24:00 PM »

McCain:

Obama:

NOTE:

That poll was skewed.The poll said it polled democrats 3-2 over republicans.Please,get your facts straight.By the way,in case you once again say "prove it",its right on the poll itself.