Author Topic: Obama is a vapid demagogue, a hollow man that despises American culture  (Read 3372 times)

y19mike77

• Getbig II
Obama is a vapid demagogue, a hollow man that despises American culture. He is ill-suited to be president of the United States. As the weeks pass, more Americans will come to this realization and elect McCain/Palin in a landslide.

EDMOND — When Benjamin Franklin was dispatched to France as ambassador of the United States in 1776, he won the hearts of the French through his authenticity. Rather than take on an affected and phony continental style, Franklin eschewed the powdered wig of the European gentleman and donned the fur cap of an American frontiersman. Original genius and polymath, Franklin understood that the French would see through any false pretension but respect an authenticity that sprang from an unpretentious and naive love of country.

What a contrast there is between Franklin and Barack Obama. Obama is a Harvard lawyer who is a mile wide and an inch deep. He is only the latest in a long line of shallow elites that consider it stylish and intellectual to despise their own culture and heritage.

Nothing exemplifies Obama’s antipathy for American culture better than his statement that Americans “cling to” religion and guns out of frustration or bitterness. We only can suppose that Obama regards religion or firearms as aberrations that need to be eradicated.

Of course, both guns and religion are essential aspects of American culture. The United States was founded by people seeking religious freedom. Does the word “Pilgrim” ring a bell with anyone? Our freedom and the right to self-government were won by farmers with guns.

The American Revolution started when the British marched to Concord with the intention of confiscating colonial arms. Both the right to “keep and bear arms,” and the right to “free exercise” of religion are enshrined in the Bill of Rights. We have come a long way when the presidential nominee of a major political party regards the exercise of fundamental rights as a mental aberration.

When Obama refers to “my Muslim faith,” the verbal gaffe resonates as a Freudian slip because of Obama’s thinly veiled hatred for this country’s unique culture and institutions. Obama sat for 20 years in a church where the Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr preached “goddamn America.” He only resigned from the congregation when it became politically expedient to do so. When earlier this year, Michelle Obama said “for the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country,” can we conclude that her husband disagrees? Is it not remarkable that Michelle Obama can be so small-minded as to find nothing in the history of the United States that merits her admiration but the personal success of her husband?

What is Barack Obama for? His campaign motto is “change.” But even a 6-year-old child understands that “change” can be either good or bad. Lacking specifics, the invocation of “change” as policy is completely empty. As we witness Obama’s minions mindlessly endorse the meaningless maxim of “change,” it only can call to mind the barnyard animals in George Orwell’s “Animal Farm” chanting “four legs good, two legs bad!”

The choice of Sarah Palin as John McCain’s running mate has been devastating for the Obama campaign precisely because she is everything Obama is not. Palin is not ashamed of her culture or country. She is not embarrassed by being an American, but naively embraces her birthright. Unassisted by affirmative action, Palin has risen to national prominence on the basis of her character, intelligence and natural gifts. In a word, she has guts. This is a woman who is proud of her country, not because it has granted her personal success, but because she respects what America stands for: freedom, opportunity, and individualism.

I am getting board of destroying you libs on this board.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Obama is a vapid demagogue, a hollow man that despises American culture
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 08:16:39 AM »
Obama is a vapid demagogue, a hollow man that despises American culture. He is ill-suited to be president of the United States. As the weeks pass, more Americans will come to this realization and elect McCain/Palin in a landslide.

EDMOND — When Benjamin Franklin was dispatched to France as ambassador of the United States in 1776, he won the hearts of the French through his authenticity. Rather than take on an affected and phony continental style, Franklin eschewed the powdered wig of the European gentleman and donned the fur cap of an American frontiersman. Original genius and polymath, Franklin understood that the French would see through any false pretension but respect an authenticity that sprang from an unpretentious and naive love of country.

What a contrast there is between Franklin and Barack Obama. Obama is a Harvard lawyer who is a mile wide and an inch deep. He is only the latest in a long line of shallow elites that consider it stylish and intellectual to despise their own culture and heritage.

Nothing exemplifies Obama’s antipathy for American culture better than his statement that Americans “cling to” religion and guns out of frustration or bitterness. We only can suppose that Obama regards religion or firearms as aberrations that need to be eradicated.

Of course, both guns and religion are essential aspects of American culture. The United States was founded by people seeking religious freedom. Does the word “Pilgrim” ring a bell with anyone? Our freedom and the right to self-government were won by farmers with guns.

The American Revolution started when the British marched to Concord with the intention of confiscating colonial arms. Both the right to “keep and bear arms,” and the right to “free exercise” of religion are enshrined in the Bill of Rights. We have come a long way when the presidential nominee of a major political party regards the exercise of fundamental rights as a mental aberration.

When Obama refers to “my Muslim faith,” the verbal gaffe resonates as a Freudian slip because of Obama’s thinly veiled hatred for this country’s unique culture and institutions. Obama sat for 20 years in a church where the Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr preached “goddamn America.” He only resigned from the congregation when it became politically expedient to do so. When earlier this year, Michelle Obama said “for the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country,” can we conclude that her husband disagrees? Is it not remarkable that Michelle Obama can be so small-minded as to find nothing in the history of the United States that merits her admiration but the personal success of her husband?

What is Barack Obama for? His campaign motto is “change.” But even a 6-year-old child understands that “change” can be either good or bad. Lacking specifics, the invocation of “change” as policy is completely empty. As we witness Obama’s minions mindlessly endorse the meaningless maxim of “change,” it only can call to mind the barnyard animals in George Orwell’s “Animal Farm” chanting “four legs good, two legs bad!”

The choice of Sarah Palin as John McCain’s running mate has been devastating for the Obama campaign precisely because she is everything Obama is not. Palin is not ashamed of her culture or country. She is not embarrassed by being an American, but naively embraces her birthright. Unassisted by affirmative action, Palin has risen to national prominence on the basis of her character, intelligence and natural gifts. In a word, she has guts. This is a woman who is proud of her country, not because it has granted her personal success, but because she respects what America stands for: freedom, opportunity, and individualism.

What are you destroying libs with?  This stupid cut and paste shit?   ::)     "We only can suppose that Obama regards religion or firearms as aberrations that need to be eradicated."  I suppose next Obama will be accused of plotting a cummy take over.   ::)

If you are going to destroy libs get something with substance or write something yourself.

y19mike77

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 08:21:04 AM »
I have written mor then enough myself this is faster and easier. Every post I make no one addresses the issue you all come back with the same ole crap. I have yet to have a single debate on this board with any real substance.

I post in both for and against McCain threads and no one can have a debate. Its jus more liberals throwing out insults.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 08:27:07 AM »
I have written mor then enough myself this is faster and easier. Every post I make no one addresses the issue you all come back with the same ole crap. I have yet to have a single debate on this board with any real substance.

I post in both for and against McCain threads and no one can have a debate. Its jus more liberals throwing out insults.

To my knowledge, which rooted in being on this board most every day, this is the first time i've seen you here.   

So i don't know what world you are living in unless this is some lame gimmick account.

Aside from that,  The article is conjecture, spin filled junk.  It's conclusions are more slanted than nazi propaganda rants.

Basically the article is pure shit designed to rev up the brain washed masses. 

Feel pretty rev over it huh?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 08:28:29 AM »
Despite tumbleweed mentality at work, Obama is still ahead in the polls.

y19mike77

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 08:33:10 AM »
No gimmick account. I have been here for a while jus hadn't posted all that much till recently.

Its a great article.

And I am sure there are plenty jus like it go other way.

Oh wait let me guess those true....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 08:34:54 AM »
far-right people are getting desperate.

America is waking up.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 08:58:10 AM »
No gimmick account. I have been here for a while jus hadn't posted all that much till recently.

Its a great article.

What's great about it?

It's conclusions are far fetched desperate attempts to demonize Obama.  It's almost insulting to anyone with half a brain, conservative or liberal.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 09:18:27 AM »

Regarding religion and Christianity, a nice quote by Ben Franklin:

"Lighthouses are more useful than churches"
-Ben Franklin

The founding fathers thought Christianity was for idiots, which it clearly is; look at Palin.
I hate the State.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 09:21:43 AM »

The founding fathers thought Christianity was for idiots, which it clearly is; look at Palin.

ouch!    ;D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 09:39:39 AM »
I hate the State.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 09:54:44 AM »

Its a great article.

www.hop.com

y19mike77

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 12:30:08 PM »

"I've been to the same church _ the same Christian church _ for almost 20 years," Obama

So then you admit you are voting for an idiot.

Ur making this to easy.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 01:09:56 PM »
"I've been to the same church _ the same Christian church _ for almost 20 years," Obama

So then you admit you are voting for an idiot.

Ur making this to easy.

Who is voting for Obama here? You must not follow this board much; I don't like Obama but he is slightly better than McCain. He does the church thing because religious nutcases in the US require it to be president.
I hate the State.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 01:17:32 PM »
4 MORE YEARS....4 MORE YEARS...4 MORE YEARS

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 01:25:43 PM »

i get the funny feeling YOU do not benefit from mccain's tax breaks.

i could be wrong, but i doubt it.  ;)

NT

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 01:35:29 PM »

Your article reads like gossip from the National Enquirer.  I don't see a single substantive issue related to policy in the entire diatribe.

When you feel like discussing tax policy, soc. sec., defense, trade or the like, then get back to us liberals.

Until then, Down With America! 

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2008, 01:53:26 PM »

Your imbred-ass can't leave Christian bashing out of any thread, can you.

You are completely clueless with your above comment.  Learn something, then debate it.  You are trying to rip on something where you have no idea what you are talking about.  I would steer clear of this subject, because YOU are the idiot.

W

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 01:55:15 PM »

Your imbred-ass can't leave Christian bashing out of any thread, can you.

You are completely clueless with your above comment.  Learn something, then debate it.  You are trying to rip on something where you have no idea what you are talking about.  I would steer clear of this subject, because YOU are the idiot.

Do you want me to school you by digging my epic founding father quotes bashing your idiotic Christianity? You asking for that?
I hate the State.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2008, 02:02:47 PM »

Hey mike77, have you noticed what they are doing?  They're flying insults at you from every angle while avoiding the topic.  It's more comfortable for them to type cuss words than to actually discuss something.  Because, God forbid, they may have to look at something objectively! 

Remember, there are a lot of kids on this board and we all know how children know everything.  So trying to discuss something rational is sometimes pointless.

Oh, and stay away from this clown diedcde..diecideke...did icede... (whatever his name is)  He's pretty much anti-everything.  Talking about God to him is like trying to teach an infant trigonometry.  You'll get nowhere.
W

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 02:06:51 PM »
Hey mike77, have you noticed what they are doing?  They're flying insults at you from every angle while avoiding the topic.  It's more comfortable for them to type cuss words than to actually discuss something.  Because, God forbid, they may have to look at something objectively! 

Remember, there are a lot of kids on this board and we all know how children know everything.  So trying to discuss something rational is sometimes pointless.

Oh, and stay away from this clown diedcde..diecideke...did icede... (whatever his name is)  He's pretty much anti-everything.  Talking about God to him is like trying to teach an infant trigonometry.  You'll get nowhere.

The insults get tiring after a fashion. 

I'm asking for substantive debate and his article is nothing but crap gossip.  Maybe I missed the policy arguments contained in the screed. 

Did I?

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2008, 02:06:50 PM »
Do you want me to school you by digging my epic founding father quotes bashing your idiotic Christianity? You asking for that?

"School" me team wolf.  Make a bigger moron out of yourself. 

BTW, nice clip of your mother for your avatar
W

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2008, 03:05:37 PM »

"School" me team wolf.  Make a bigger moron out of yourself. 

BTW, nice clip of your mother for your avatar

Thomas Jefferson:

"I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature."

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies."

"Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burned, tortured, fined, and imprisoned, yet we have not advanced one inch toward uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half of the world fools and the other half hypocrites." [Notes on Virginia]

"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes" [Letter to von Humboldt, 1813].

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter." [Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823]

"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" [Letter to H. Spafford, 1814].

James Madison:

"During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What has been its fruits? More or less, in all places, pride and indolence in the clergy; ignorance and servility in the laity; in both, superstition, bigotry, and persecution."

"In no instance have . . . the churches been guardians of the liberties of the people."

"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise." [April 1, 1774]

Benjamin Franklin:

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason."
[Poor Richard's Almanack, 1758]

"Lighthouses are more helpful than churches."

"He (the Rev. Mr. Whitefield) used, indeed, sometimes to pray for my conversion, but never had the satisfaction of believing that his prayers were heard." [Franklin's Autobiography]

You see, the Founding Fathers were intelligent and that is why they were not idiot Christians and realised that it is a dumb religion made for the masses and for stupid people such as yourself.
I hate the State.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008, 03:11:17 PM »
Who is voting for Obama here? You must not follow this board much; I don't like Obama but he is slightly better than McCain. He does the church thing because religious nutcases in the US require it to be president.

True.

NT

staystrong

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2008, 03:44:44 PM »

You see, the Founding Fathers were intelligent

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

John Adams:

“The general principles upon which the Fathers achieved independence were the general principles of Christianity…I will avow that I believed and now believe that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and the attributes of God.”
[June 28, 1813; Letter to Thomas Jefferson]

"I have examined all religions, as well as my narrow sphere, my straightened means, and my busy life, would allow; and the result is that the Bible is the best Book in the world. It contains more philosophy than all the libraries I have seen." December 25, 1813 letter to Thomas Jefferson

John Adams and John Hancock:

“We recognize no Sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus!”
[April 18, 1775, on the eve of the Revolutionary War after a British major ordered John Adams, John Hancock, and those with them to disperse in “the name of George the Sovereign King of England." ]

Samuel Adams:

“ Let divines and philosophers, statesmen and patriots, unite their endeavors to renovate the age by impressing the minds of men with the importance of educating their little boys and girls, inculcating in the minds of youth the fear and love of the Deity… and leading them in the study and practice of the exalted virtues of the Christian system.” [October 4, 1790]

John Quincy Adams:

“Why is it that, next to the birthday of the Savior of the world, your most joyous and most venerated festival returns on this day [the Fourth of July]?" “Is it not that, in the chain of human events, the birthday of the nation is indissolubly linked with the birthday of the Savior? That it forms a leading event in the progress of the Gospel dispensation? Is it not that the Declaration of Independence first organized the social compact on the foundation of the Redeemer's mission upon earth? That it laid the cornerstone of human government upon the first precepts of Christianity"?
--1837, at the age of 69, when he delivered a Fourth of July speech at Newburyport, Massachusetts.

Benjamin Franklin:

“In the beginning of the contest with Britain, when we were sensible of danger, we had daily prayers in this room for Divine protection. Our prayers, Sir, were heard, and they were graciously answered… do we imagine we no longer need His assistance?” [Constitutional Convention, Thursday June 28, 1787]

Alexander Hamilton:

"I have carefully examined the evidences of the Christian religion, and if I was sitting as a juror upon its authenticity I would unhesitatingly give my verdict in its favor. I can prove its truth as clearly as any proposition ever submitted to the mind of man."

Thomas Jefferson:

“Of all the systems of morality, ancient or modern which have come under my observation, none appears to me so pure as that of Jesus.”

Many more quotes:  http://www.eadshome.com/QuotesoftheFounders.htm

And everyone's favorite:

Benjamin Frankin:

"Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy."

;D