Author Topic: Troy Brown hangs em up  (Read 1696 times)

body88

Troy Brown hangs em up
« on: September 25, 2008, 10:31:54 AM »
One of the most versatile players to ever to put on pads. I remember back in 06 when he played as a defensive back, and held Donald Driver to one catch for the whole game. The guy was AWESOME.

Top ten tb moments:

10.16 catches against chiefs in 2002
9.entering as DB in the RAMS game against their feared receivers and hold his own.
8. 81 yard td in overtime against the phins.
7.Catch in SB 38 to during game winning drive after he was called for pass int in the previous play i think.
6.patten to brown to start the 2001 season rolling
5.blocked punt against steelers in AFCCG converted to a TD.
4.Stripping mcree after the brady int in the AFC Divisional playoff game
3.punt return for TD in 2001 AFCCG
2.Decides to retire as a patriot instead of joining the jets.
1.Brady to brown ,last drive SB 36.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Re: Troy Brown hangs em up
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 11:25:44 AM »
yea i remember VIVIDLY when he played db
awesome player.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 02:46:58 PM »
solid career. Not hall of fame worthy but the Patriots should definitely retire his number.

What do you think Body88?

body88

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 03:30:38 PM »
He might have a shot at Canton. Who knows! Namath got in. Considering all the things he did so well. He was drafted in the 8th round, and played for 15 seasons. Troy's worth was not shown in the stats, it was all the things he did well that make him a legend. A wr who could also shut down top wr's as a db, redic!

It's going to be TB night ( when the Jets play the pays in Foxboro), and I think they will retire his number then.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 07:52:58 AM »
Always respected his game.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 07:56:20 AM »
great player and a true professional.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 10:00:24 AM »
He might have a shot at Canton. Who knows! Namath got in. Considering all the things he did so well. He was drafted in the 8th round, and played for 15 seasons. Troy's worth was not shown in the stats, it was all the things he did well that make him a legend. A wr who could also shut down top wr's as a db, redic!

It's going to be TB night ( when the Jets play the pays in Foxboro), and I think they will retire his number then.

Nope.

body88

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 10:49:14 AM »
Nope.

Willing to bet you have only seen him play 2 or 3 times.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 10:58:19 AM »
I take offense to that comment, Body88!

I live and breath football, kid. I've had the NFL ticket for 8 years now. I'm not just a Ravens fan. I'm a fan of pro ball, PERIOD. I love the game and love watching the best of the best compete.

I've watched the Patriots play since the days of Andre Tippett, Tony Eason, sorry ass Steve Grogan and Irving Fryar.  Remember RB John Stephens who went to his only probowl as a rookie? He never amounted to shit after that.

Does that mean I have to be fan of the Pats? No. But I've watched Brown play at least half a dozen times. Being in the playoffs consistently year after year will allow the nation, not just the Worchester area, to see the Pats play quite often. I've even been to a few Pats games becasue i used to fuck a chick from Boston years ago and she had season tickets.

Brown won't make it into Canton. If Jerry Kramer of the Packers isn't in the Hall, then neither should Troy Brown be. Good, solid consistent player but not Hall of Fame worthy. But agree to disagree.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 11:09:15 AM »
Damn, Andre Tippett, haven't heard that name in a while...

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 03:07:11 PM »
He might have a shot at Canton. .

zero shot

E
E

body88

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 03:54:13 PM »
I take offense to that comment, Body88!

I live and breath football, kid. I've had the NFL ticket for 8 years now. I'm not just a Ravens fan. I'm a fan of pro ball, PERIOD. I love the game and love watching the best of the best compete.

I've watched the Patriots play since the days of Andre Tippett, Tony Eason, sorry ass Steve Grogan and Irving Fryar.  Remember RB John Stephens who went to his only probowl as a rookie? He never amounted to shit after that.

Does that mean I have to be fan of the Pats? No. But I've watched Brown play at least half a dozen times. Being in the playoffs consistently year after year will allow the nation, not just the Worchester area, to see the Pats play quite often. I've even been to a few Pats games becasue i used to fuck a chick from Boston years ago and she had season tickets.

Brown won't make it into Canton. If Jerry Kramer of the Packers isn't in the Hall, then neither should Troy Brown be. Good, solid consistent player but not Hall of Fame worthy. But agree to disagree.

Your right, but I had to try the you don't know his worth because you dont see him play angle.