Author Topic: Mr. Ten Percent Turns On The Charm  (Read 301 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Mr. Ten Percent Turns On The Charm
« on: September 25, 2008, 11:08:20 AM »

The New Republic's Jason Zengerle highlights a particularly cringe-inducing exchange from the meeting between Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari and veep nominee Sarah Palin yesterday at the UN:

“I am honored to meet you,” Ms. Palin said.

“You are even more gorgeous than you are on the (inaudible),” Mr. Zardari said.

“You are so nice,” Ms. Palin replied. “Thank you.”

“Now I know why the whole of America is crazy about you,” Mr. Zardari continued. At which point an aide told the two to shake hands.

“I’m supposed to pose again,” Ms. Palin said.

“If he’s insisting,” Mr. Zardari said, “I might hug.”

Yes, Zardari's a sketchball, but unfortunately, I have a feeling that Palin would face a lot of this sort of thing if she became vice president. Palin had exactly zero international recognition until this month so as long as she is being so closely guarded by the McCain campaign, a lot of world leaders aren't going to know much about her besides how she looks and the less tactful ones are going to let her know it.

Well-qualified, confident female leaders like Angela Merkel or Condoleezza Rice would never get this kind of degrading, sexist treatment from their male peers. Oh wait. Never mind.
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Mr. Ten Percent Turns On The Charm
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 11:15:01 AM »

pakistan fires bullets at US forces today.

Yesterday, their president hits on our VP noiminee.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Re: Mr. Ten Percent Turns On The Charm
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 11:18:39 AM »
Yesterday, their president hits on our VP noiminee.
That was just wrong.   ;D