Author Topic: Seguin Fitness  (Read 3871 times)

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
Seguin Fitness
« on: September 25, 2008, 03:19:23 PM »
Has anyone had any problems with Seguin Fitness (Flexion Fitness) or Gary Pendergrass in terms of communication or getting products?

Sean Katterle

• Getbig II
Re: Seguin Fitness
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 09:05:42 PM »
Has anyone had any problems with Seguin Fitness (Flexion Fitness) or Gary Pendergrass in terms of communication or getting products?

Yes, I've had some difficulties doing business with Gary Pendergrass. The troubles started around the beginning of this year and I'm not sure what the heck is going on with him and with the way he's running his business. That's about all I can legally say at this point in time.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 11:54:53 AM »
Yes, I've had some difficulties doing business with Gary Pendergrass. The troubles started around the beginning of this year and I'm not sure what the heck is going on with him and with the way he's running his business. That's about all I can legally say at this point in time.

Ok, well thats basically the same thing that happened to me.  I've purchased equipment from him in the past with no problems---hes a bit slow on delivery, but what I got was very high quality.

I purchased some equipment in July.  I was led to believe a 6-8 week shipping time and he'd be in touch.  I didn't hear anything by the middle of August, so I decided to try to call and find out how the order was going.  I got no returns to my telephone calls or answers to my emails.  Nothing.  And the cell phone number had been "discontinued or changed"....

I got a bit concerned at this, so I left a message saying I was contacting my credit card company.  The next day I got an email with a shipping bill. 

I got the equipment the first of this month.  It was in a wooden crate wrapped in bubble wrap, which I made the mistake of not completely unwrapping.  things looked to be in order in the crate, so I signed for it and secured it on the loading dock where i work for 2 weeks.  When I went to assemble things this last weekend, I found out parts were missing---bolts, set bolts, and some custom additions I'd ordered.  Again there is no answer to the telephone or emails.   

I'm turning this in to my credit card company and the better business bureau for a fraudulent exchange because of the lack of communication.   Its not enough money lost on my part to justify a lawsuit, its just the pain in the ass factor of now having to take pictures and specs to a welder I know and fabrication of the missing parts.   It really sucks too because what I got looks to be something that is of reasonable quality, its just little pieces missing and lack of communication has absolutely ruined this sale.  I dont' think I'll ever order from them again or recommend anyone order unless you can pick up the equipment and see whats what. 

Sean Katterle

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 03:18:41 PM »
I'm sorry that you're having problems too.

The company I know do business with (for gym equipment) is Nebula-Fitness.com

I also recommend Forza Strength Systems and Sorinex. (There are other companies that are really good but I've had first hand positive experiences with Nebula, Forza and Sorinex.)

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 11:25:57 AM »
Thanks for the link.   The problem is I'm building a "home gym" powerlifting gym and right now I dont' have alot of free cash or space.  Basically I'm adding one or two pieces per year until I get moved.   Then, I'll probably make a single big purchase---another rack, a second competition bench, monolift, and what not. 

Basically what i"ve had now has been gradually pieced together from many different places.   I know a fabricator/welder who'll build stuff for reasonable prices, but he needs blueprints/plans to build them.  He wants specifics because he's not a weight lifter in any way. 

Sorinex makes Louie Simmon's reverse hypers.  They've got very good equipment....

Where I live I will probably get big things from Williams Strength any more.  My understanding is they manufacture alot of the equipment that Elitefts sells.  The only concern I've got with them is cost.  They've got absolutely top notch equipment, but they can be higher than the Elitefts website on some things.   

Is Forza still in business?  I thought they were bought out last year.