Author Topic: Was Reeves ahead of his time?  (Read 22499 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Was Reeves ahead of his time?
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2012, 12:05:23 PM »
 :( reeves wasn't really noted for his strength but when you think of a large bodybuilder like gunther s. not useing more than 75 lb dbs for incline presses??????
F

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2012, 01:40:00 PM »
:( reeves wasn't really noted for his strength but when you think of a large bodybuilder like gunther s. not useing more than 75 lb dbs for incline presses??????

I think the top pic is of someone other than Reeves. 

I wonder how many of the classic BB's of the era before steroids ever got injured working out?  Seems like the top BB's of today have all sustained an injury, because they tried to go too heavy on a lift.  I don't remember hearing of Reeves and the like having muscle tears and snapped tendons.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2012, 03:56:54 PM »
Yeah Steve Had a increadible Physquie, and came along 20-30yrs too early, with his Physquie, looks, well spoken etc...he would of done well i feel in the 1970s-1980s with Film roles that would of actually paid him alot of Money with a whole lot more exsposure etc than Steve ever got from acting in those films he was in in the 1950s etc...

It would have been interesting to see how he would have fared in the company of stiffer competition like Arnold, Stallone, etc.

Steve Reeves as Rambo?
Maybe we would have been spared Stop, Or My Mom Will Shoot. :)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2012, 12:40:24 PM »
I think the top pic is of someone other than Reeves. 

I wonder how many of the classic BB's of the era before steroids ever got injured working out?  Seems like the top BB's of today have all sustained an injury, because they tried to go too heavy on a lift.  I don't remember hearing of Reeves and the like having muscle tears and snapped tendons.
it is, it's steve reno , i  already posted the reeves pic page one. just put another for comparison.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2012, 12:41:41 PM »

It would have been interesting to see how he would have fared in the company of stiffer competition like Arnold, Stallone, etc.

Steve Reeves as Rambo?
Maybe we would have been spared Stop, Or My Mom Will Shoot. :)
;D  one could only hope. also rhinestone was a major snoozefest.
F

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2012, 06:38:34 AM »
steve reeves motivated so maney young men to train.

alxcr84

• Getbig I
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2012, 06:50:23 PM »
I'd love to see a current pro BB do perfection in the clouds to see how they'd compare.  Can you imagine Branch Warren doing that pose?  It'd be like a bloated gnome in the clouds.

Bodybuilding may be the only pro sport  (other than midget tossing) in which short men can excel at.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2012, 09:20:55 AM »
should have read roland kickinger the ah-nuld look-alike, he is quoted as saying never seeing the need to use over 75 lb dbs for these.
F

alxcr84

• Getbig I
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2012, 11:25:21 PM »
should have read roland kickinger the ah-nuld look-alike, he is quoted as saying never seeing the need to use over 75 lb dbs for these.

Especially if u do them after flat bench, do alot of volume, are on the sauce, and have an unusually well responding pecs like roland and arnie