Author Topic: Gotta love Jim Rogers......he's spot on. Let's clean house! Fuck the bailout!  (Read 1930 times)

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V

Ron Paul, Peter Schiff and Jim Rogers.  They should be running this country.  Not Bush, Paulson and Bernacke.  The latter are a bunch of fuck up idiots!

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
Re: Gotta love Jim Rogers......he's spot on. Let's clean house! Fuck the bailo
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 09:03:04 PM »
Yes and gold is worth more than paper...why again?

It's a precious metal i.e. RARE.  A gold backed currency is not the answer to America's financial problems.  We need a hybrid system.  One in which our money is backed by gold but also a fiat system controlled by the people with the power given to us by the Constitution.  I.e. not only should Congress have the power to coin money but also print paper notes like the Colonies did during the American revolution.  Get rid of the private FED. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 09:15:58 PM »
MM, Gold is only worth what people perceive it to be worth just like a 100 dollar bill.

It's done well for 6000 years. I doubt people perception will change anytime soon.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Thanks for the vid by the way.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 10:30:34 PM »
MM, Gold is only worth what people perceive it to be worth just like a 100 dollar bill.

Once ounce of gold will always be one ounce of gold.  Drop it in water, melt it, bury it.

Secondly, it takes actual work to produce gold from the earth which is why gold best represents money as a store of value.

Third, Gold is limited in supply, paper is not.

Kiyosaki tends to explain complicated subjects in a 3rd grade level.  Try reading this:

www.richdadsgold.com

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 10:41:40 PM »
It's a precious metal i.e. RARE.  A gold backed currency is not the answer to America's financial problems.  We need a hybrid system.  One in which our money is backed by gold but also a fiat system controlled by the people with the power given to us by the Constitution.  I.e. not only should Congress have the power to coin money but also print paper notes like the Colonies did during the American revolution.  Get rid of the private FED. 

Are you just parroting the solution given at the end of the "Money Masters" video?  Have you really thought it out?

Paper currency will always lead to destruction via inflation, even if it is "backed" by gold.  That is why the Constitution only gives congress the power to "coin" money, and only in Gold and Silver.

Paper money "backed by gold" and Paper money that is a "receipt for gold" are two different things.  An ounce is an ounce.  Assigning a floating value (such as the dollar) to a store of value measured in weight opens the door for manipulation.  Trade your ounce of gold for a pound of wheat.  When you assign an arbitrary unit such as the dollar to that ounce of gold, is when the system is set for failure.

If the people want to trade with paper currency, then let them, but that authority is not given to the Federal government via the Constitution - and for very good reason.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 11:57:43 PM »
Are you just parroting the solution given at the end of the "Money Masters" video?  Have you really thought it out?

Paper currency will always lead to destruction via inflation, even if it is "backed" by gold.  That is why the Constitution only gives congress the power to "coin" money, and only in Gold and Silver.

Paper money "backed by gold" and Paper money that is a "receipt for gold" are two different things.  An ounce is an ounce.  Assigning a floating value (such as the dollar) to a store of value measured in weight opens the door for manipulation.  Trade your ounce of gold for a pound of wheat.  When you assign an arbitrary unit such as the dollar to that ounce of gold, is when the system is set for failure.

If the people want to trade with paper currency, then let them, but that authority is not given to the Federal government via the Constitution - and for very good reason.

No the system is set for failure because of the compound interest that the FED charges the government.  If the government had the power to control our fiat money system we would be in a lot better shape.  There would be complete oversight and transparency by the people.  Instead we are indebted to a bunch of private banks unanswerable to the people.  The only reason the power to print paper money was left out of the Constitution was because the private financiers at the time won out i.e. the Bank of England. 

I'm not a goldbug.  I'm a greenbacker.  It doesn't matter what type of monetary system we have.  What DOES matter is who controls it.  Whether it's a commodity based money or a fiat system of money as long as private entities control it, the citizens will always be in debt.  If we were on a gold back system the FED would be controlling all the gold just like they did ages ago and just like the control the "printing of money" or credit nowadays. 

It's impossible to convert our $12 trillion dollar money supply back into a gold based system.  Where are you going to get the gold?  Gold is a great investment but it will never work again as a national currency.

Real honest money of high utility and prosperity to a society (economy) is fiat money, or money that takes origin in the law, and is valued by it's stamp, or designated denomination. What is of paramount importance is whether the money is issued and regulated publicly or privately, and whether it is free of interest or cost to the public or carries a debt burden. Publicly issued money would have to come from governments, private money from banks. Publicly issued interest-free money benefits all, private interest bearing money benefits the bankers, commodity-based money benefits those who own the commodities.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

Ron Paul, Peter Schiff and Jim Rogers.  They should be running this country.  Not Bush, Paulson and Bernacke.  The latter are a bunch of fuck up idiots!

Good stuff. Please learn how to 'youtube' in the future.

I hate the State.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 06:18:49 AM »
No the system is set for failure because of the compound interest that the FED charges the government.  If the government had the power to control our fiat money system we would be in a lot better shape. .

No, we would be just as bad, probably worse.  Our reserve currency status is what has allowed us to continue this nonsense for the last 38 years.

There would be complete oversight and transparency by the people. .

Just like there is now?  The same oversight we have over the budget? Phony unemployment numbers, Inflation numbers, Jobless claims, etc?  The American voice did not matter when going to War, and it does not matter now with the Bailout.  The Government would inflate by printing, the same way it does now by printing bonds and selling them to the Fed.  The fact that the money is interest free, is all the more to my argument that they would print more.

If we were on a gold back system the FED would be controlling all the gold just like they did ages ago and just like the control the "printing of money" or credit nowadays.

This is Baloney.  The country that produces will control the Gold.  How do you think we gained control of it and became the most powerful Nation?  We had Freedom, people came here to Produce, and we exported our products and imported Gold. 

It's impossible to convert our $12 trillion dollar money supply back into a gold based system.  Where are you going to get the gold?  Gold is a great investment but it will never work again as a national currency.
Again, you are confusing yourself with the floating value of a made up commoditiy (the dollar)  One ounce of gold buys the same amount of stuff that it did in the early 1900's.

The Federal Reserve is not the cause for all problems.  It is the mechanism that enslaves us, but the real problem is the stupidity of the people. 

If it were not for youtube videos, 95% of the Ron Paul supporters would not even know the truth about the Fed.  I challenge people to read books, and read original sources (books made from paper).  Read Edward Griffen, Cleon Skousen, and Murray Rothbard instead of just watching a few youtube videos about the Federal Reserve.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 06:21:51 AM »

No, we would be just as bad, probably worse.  Our reserve currency status is what has allowed us to continue this nonsense for the last 38 years.

Just like there is now?  The same oversight we have over the budget? Phony unemployment numbers, Inflation numbers, Jobless claims, etc?  The American voice did not matter when going to War, and it does not matter now with the Bailout.  The Government would inflate by printing, the same way it does now by printing bonds and selling them to the Fed.  The fact that the money is interest free, is all the more to my argument that they would print more.

This is Baloney.  Again, I challenge you to think rather than Parrot information from Youtube videos and webpages.  The country that produces will control the Gold.  How do you think we gained control of it and became the most powerful Nation?  We had Freedom, people came here to Produce, and we exported our products and imported Gold. 
Again, you are confusing yourself with the floating value of a made up commoditiy (the dollar)  One ounce of gold buys the same amount of stuff that it did in the early 1900's.

The Federal Reserve is not the cause for all problems.  It is the mechanism that enslaves us, but the real problem is the stupidity of the people. 

If it were not for youtube videos, 95% of the Ron Paul supporters would not even know the truth about the Fed.  I challenge people to read books, and read original sources (books made from paper).  Read Edward Griffen, Cleon Skousen, and Murray Rothbard instead of just watching a few youtube videos about the Federal Reserve.

Better that than nothing. Creature from Jekyll Island is good.
I hate the State.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 09:06:00 AM »

This is Baloney.  The country that produces will control the Gold.  How do you think we gained control of it and became the most powerful Nation?  We had Freedom, people came here to Produce, and we exported our products and imported Gold. 

Oh and to answer your question........No I have not seen the end of Money Masters.  I've only watched like the first 30 minutes.  I've gotten most of my information from books.  I have read Creature from Jekyll Island.  I've also read Web of Debt by Ellen Brown and The Lost Science of Money by Zarlenga.  I suggest you pick them both up.  And I have read Rothbard.