Author Topic: Fitness Tool at my gym today  (Read 1025 times)

Permabulker

• Getbig IV
  • 1*
Fitness Tool at my gym today
« on: September 26, 2008, 02:46:03 PM »
This guy was doing shoulder presses on the hammer strength machine with a monsterous 25lbs and get this..............  the safety clips in place?  I asked him why he was using them when using a machine.  He said it keeps the weight more stable and allows him to do more controlled movements..   ::)  I told him that was a great tip and would try it on shoulder day!

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
Re: Fitness Tool at my gym today
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 02:58:20 PM »
This guy was doing shoulder presses on the hammer strength machine with a monsterous 25lbs and get this..............  the safety clips in place?  I asked him why he was using them when using a machine.  He said it keeps the weight more stable and allows him to do more controlled movements..   ::)  I told him that was a great tip and would try it on shoulder day!

After seeing a guy using lifting straps when benching, that story doesn't really sound funny anymore...

Permabulker

• Getbig IV
  • 1*
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 03:01:28 PM »
After seeing a guy using lifting straps when benching, that story doesn't really sound funny anymore...

Yeah, but have you ever seem the father son duo with the old man/coach dad and his stop watch timing his newbie sons rest periods and hanging the sweat towel over the shoulder of his t shirt with sweatshirt combo?

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 03:06:29 PM »
Yeah, but have you ever seem the father son duo with the old man/coach dad and his stop watch timing his newbie sons rest periods and hanging the sweat towel over the shoulder of his t shirt with sweatshirt combo?

I didn't quite understand what you we're trying to say, but i guess the answer is yes...I think "using lifting straps when benching" was still way more weird...

Permabulker

• Getbig IV
  • 1*
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 03:58:10 PM »
I didn't quite understand what you we're trying to say, but i guess the answer is yes...I think "using lifting straps when benching" was still way more weird...

Maybe......  But my avatar is much better than yours!  ;D

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 04:02:31 PM »

One of my best training partners wore straps while benching. I asked him "What the hell are you doing that for? You need to dump the bar for whatever reason you're fucked man."
He replied "It's only for the extra padding on his hands. Apparently his palm is thinner than most and his gloves don't cut it.
Retarded? Maybe, but seemed like a sound reason too.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 04:04:48 PM »
So, what does he use when deadlifting, a shoulderhorn?

Wait, he probably thinks a deadlift has something to do with burial services.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 04:06:43 PM »

He uses his wraps the correct way.

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 04:07:33 PM »
One of my best training partners wore straps while benching. I asked him "What the hell are you doing that for? You need to dump the bar for whatever reason you're fucked man."
He replied "It's only for the extra padding on his hands. Apparently his palm is thinner than most and his gloves don't cut it.
Retarded? Maybe, but seemed like a sound reason too.

Hmm...sounds kinda gay to be that worried about your palms. I bet he also wears lifting straps during agressive masturbation to avoid any damage on his precious little palm :-[

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 04:11:48 PM »
real men always wear straps they never come off, worn 24-7

Z

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 04:12:31 PM »
He uses his wraps the correct way.

If i were you, i would be careful with your training partner. Have you noticed any other weird things, like him being extra helpful when it comes to spotting you with lets say, on squatting for example? Or him insisting showering together after each workout while you want to take a shower at home?

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 04:13:12 PM »

So have you tried it yet?  :D