Author Topic: Final predictions before the debate?  (Read 2410 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Final predictions before the debate?
« on: September 26, 2008, 03:16:37 PM »
I'm predicting McCain blames Obama for this bailout mess.
I'm predicting Obama just tries to stay out of trouble.
I'm betting Palin's preparedness comes up.

The format - 2 minute intro, then 5 minutes of 'free for all' will favor Mccain greatly.  Everytime the mean young man interrupts his elder, that will hurt obama.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Final predictions before the debate?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 03:54:47 PM »
I agree with 240s second point.  All Obama has to do is not screw up, and the media will portray him the winner.

As for Palin's preparedness, Obama will not initate an experience discussion.  That will be left to Biden.

Who knows?  What IS cool about this debate is that there is supposed to be a lot of time allotted for direct dialogue between the candidates.  The potential for a f-up on either side is huge.
Y

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 03:56:58 PM »
I got Obama in the 8th.
G

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 04:50:21 PM »
I'm predicting McCain blames Obama for this bailout mess.
I'm predicting Obama just tries to stay out of trouble.

The format - 2 minute intro, then 5 minutes of 'free for all' will favor Mccain greatly.  Everytime the mean young man interrupts his elder, that will hurt obama.

I don't think either one will mention Palin

Obama will not try to "stay out of trouble" he will go on the offensive and point out all the foreign policy failures of the current administration and try to tie McCain to the same course.

If McCain trys to blame Obama for the mortgage mess I predict it will blow up in his face. If he's going to blame anyone it's going to be Bush or the investment banks (which would be blaming Paulson who ran Goldman Sachs until ~ mid 2006)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 05:10:50 PM »
McCain will press Obama on the Surge, he'll also fire right off on the economy. Like it or not the House Republicans have the bailout by the balls and McCain can turn that to his advanatge. He will or can say that its better to ensure the debt and be paid back for loans to Wall Street, rather then throwing 700 Billion of  tax payers money to buy bad debt. He will make it seem that Obama and Bush are allied in wasting tax payers money and that the House Republican bill is the way to go. OBama better have fresh short sound bites instead of the um ah...bullshit that shaded his previous debates with Hil.
L

The Coach

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 05:13:20 PM »
Well all signs point to this being the Dems fault. But do you really think you'll hear that from the mainstream media?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 05:22:17 PM »
Barack will quote Colin Powell on how Mccain does not understand the Georgian/Russian conflict.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 05:24:33 PM »
Well all signs point to this being the Dems fault. But do you really think you'll hear that from the mainstream media?

No.....the dems started it, the Repubs failed to catch it...and now the Dems want to fix everything with our money.

Inlighten us TA, what did Powell say.... ::)
L

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 05:35:02 PM »
No.....the dems started it, the Repubs failed to catch it...and now the Dems want to fix everything with our money.

Inlighten us TA, what did Powell say.... ::)
ENJOY!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 05:37:48 PM »
McCain will press Obama on the Surge, he'll also fire right off on the economy. Like it or not the House Republicans have the bailout by the balls and McCain can turn that to his advanatge. He will or can say that its better to ensure the debt and be paid back for loans to Wall Street, rather then throwing 700 Billion of  tax payers money to buy bad debt. He will make it seem that Obama and Bush are allied in wasting tax payers money and that the House Republican bill is the way to go. OBama better have fresh short sound bites instead of the um ah...bullshit that shaded his previous debates with Hil.

By Surge do you mean the Surge of US tax dollars that we used to bribe the various factions in Iraq?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 05:38:27 PM »
Russia was bound and determined to invade when they did. This was a test bed....to gage NATO/American response as well as test their military to include a massive cyber attack that was launched prior to the introduction of Georgian troops.....
McCain issued a pointed statement based on the fact that he has a long, very long relationship with the Georgian president. Obama issued some ridiculous and whiny statement as per his standard practice.
L

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 08:40:08 PM »

You were right that they would restrict Palin's media exposure so far.  You've been absolutely wrong on everything else about her.  Let it go.
Y

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 08:41:32 PM »
You were right that they would restrict Palin's media exposure so far.  You've been absolutely wrong on everything else about her.  Let it go.
LOL BUMP FOR FUKIN TRUTH AND GREAT ADVICE

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 11:45:33 PM »
Barack will quote Colin Powell on how Mccain does not understand the Georgian/Russian conflict.

wow, that speaks VOLUMES.