Author Topic: Odd question regarding customs....  (Read 879 times)

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
Odd question regarding customs....
« on: September 26, 2008, 03:58:28 PM »
I realize that this may be a bit of an odd question, but has anyone ever heard of drug sniffing dogs being able to smell steroids? Common sense would seem to indicate that dogs wouldn't be able to do this, but I was wondering what other people had to say about this. I have noticed that some injectables have a very noticeable odor to them, (depending on what kind of oil they were suspended in, and the point of origin.)

M!

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Re: Odd question regarding customs....
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 04:01:28 PM »
They deffinitely can't detect steroids.

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 07:55:06 PM »
I realize that this may be a bit of an odd question, but has anyone ever heard of drug sniffing dogs being able to smell steroids? Common sense would seem to indicate that dogs wouldn't be able to do this, but I was wondering what other people had to say about this. I have noticed that some injectables have a very noticeable odor to them, (depending on what kind of oil they were suspended in, and the point of origin.)

M!
some over sea's addresses are probably flagged and is where you would get caught up...just my guess...
I don't believe they can smell them.  They probably could I guess if they where trained to find that smell but I truely
don't believe they train them on that scent

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 08:15:57 PM »
some over sea's addresses are probably flagged and is where you would get caught up...just my guess...
I don't believe they can smell them.  They probably could I guess if they where trained to find that smell but I truely
don't believe they train them on that scent

Training dogs to sniff drugs and bombs is very expensive, upwards of at least $30,000 per dog and not every dog is even able to do it.  The cost to train dogs to sniff out steroids would be just as costly and it's just not a priority for law enforcement to bother with. Bombs and narcotics are far higher on the priority list.

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 09:15:17 PM »
i doubt that steroids is enough of a issue, i mean if they were using money and resources for that,we are in trouble. there is so much more out there they need to be focusing on lol
muscle

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 11:25:40 PM »
I'd be willing to be my next five paychecks that there are currently no steroid sniffing dogs.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 12:50:11 AM »
I'd be willing to be my next five paychecks that there are currently no steroid sniffing dogs.

Yup, cause there are none, trust me :)