Author Topic: OBAMA OWNING MCCAIN  (Read 2178 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: OBAMA OWNING MCCAIN
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2008, 08:30:19 PM »
Any rational person will see that neither candidate scored a knockout punch.  Both did what they needed to do.  It was a draw.
Y

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2008, 08:31:06 PM »
You are failing to see that america's isolationism ended the day the towers fell and Mccain can't figure that out. Its a different world and Obama is ready for that while McCain is stuck in 1987.
LOL obama has no ideas on the situation in russia and its surrounding nations and and wants to go into pakistan territory without knowing the situation there.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2008, 08:32:35 PM »
the surge never worked, iraqi's worked on stopping violence.  people worked together. 
you should get off the kool aid its fuking with your head.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2008, 08:35:18 PM »
you should get off the kool aid its fuking with your head.

ok, answer this:  according to Mccain, we have to achieve victory in Iraq.  what is victory in iraq?  I hear a lot of repubs talk about this but its never defined.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2008, 08:35:24 PM »
Any rational person will see that neither candidate scored a knockout punch.  Both did what they needed to do.  It was a draw.
i could agree to that like i said very close.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2008, 08:39:59 PM »
ok, answer this:  according to Mccain, we have to achieve victory in Iraq.  what is victory in iraq?  I hear a lot of repubs talk about this but its never defined.
LOL well my definition of victory in iraq would be to have a self sustaining government to start...but McCains definition may not be the same so...

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2008, 08:44:32 PM »
LOL well my definition of victory in iraq would be to have a self sustaining government to start...but McCains definition may not be the same so...

I agree with you but the problem i see is that you can't fight ideology or faith with guns and we have bred a new generation of young terrorists in iraq.  The Iraqi people agreed to stop killing each other (black people, you listening??) because they realized it would get the hated americans out of there faster.  I'm not disagreeing with you on the self sustaining govt, but we have created a bit of a monster.  If you haven't read "War is a force that gives us meaning" by chris hedges, please do so...  its a great read and will provide some food for thought.  Its not anti-war either, just a harsh look at the realities involved as opposed to the media realities we see.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2008, 08:54:37 PM »
I agree with you but the problem i see is that you can't fight ideology or faith with guns and we have bred a new generation of young terrorists in iraq.  The Iraqi people agreed to stop killing each other (black people, you listening??) because they realized it would get the hated americans out of there faster.  I'm not disagreeing with you on the self sustaining govt, but we have created a bit of a monster.  If you haven't read "War is a force that gives us meaning" by chris hedges, please do so...  its a great read and will provide some food for thought.  Its not anti-war either, just a harsh look at the realities involved as opposed to the media realities we see.

LOL  ;D

I agree with you for the most part about creating a monster but this is what will happen when you fight any terrorist organization b/c they wont fight fair they will use tatics that put innocent ppl in harms way and outright attack innocents and since we cant just ignore them it will happen somewhere sooner or later. It is kinda like having one foot in quicksand and one foot on solid ground this is why i dont believe fighting a war with one hand behind your back like we have in iraq we have to satisfy military goals along with political goals in iraq with the ppl as well as the ppl at home in the US and i think that fuks us big time.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2008, 09:01:07 PM »
LOL  ;D

I agree with you for the most part about creating a monster but this is what will happen when you fight any terrorist organization b/c they wont fight fair they will use tatics that put innocent ppl in harms way and outright attack innocents and since we cant just ignore them it will happen somewhere sooner or later. It is kinda like having one foot in quicksand and one foot on solid ground this is why i dont believe fighting a war with one hand behind your back like we have in iraq we have to satisfy military goals along with political goals in iraq with the ppl as well as the ppl at home in the US and i think that fuks us big time.

I agree, the complete failure of the iraq war was in our style.  it was too diplomatic.  Not to sound harsh, but if you're the US and you want to win a war, you go in with the best and most advanced airforce in the world, you level every area that is problematic quickly (like shock and awe should have been) and you rebuild the country.  You don't go intoa foreign land with a determined populace (even the simpsons referenced this with comparison to the iraq war, vietnam and the revolutionary war) and fight on the ground jut because you're worried about civilians.  BUT THAT IS THE POINT isn't it?  You can't fight a half war that shouldn't have been fought in the first place.  this started out as a war against iraqi government and turned into a war against terrorist groups.  We created that and we shouldn't hve been there in the first place.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2008, 09:08:11 PM »
I agree, the complete failure of the iraq war was in our style.  it was too diplomatic.  Not to sound harsh, but if you're the US and you want to win a war, you go in with the best and most advanced airforce in the world, you level every area that is problematic quickly (like shock and awe should have been) and you rebuild the country.  You don't go intoa foreign land with a determined populace (even the simpsons referenced this with comparison to the iraq war, vietnam and the revolutionary war) and fight on the ground jut because you're worried about civilians.  BUT THAT IS THE POINT isn't it?  You can't fight a half war that shouldn't have been fought in the first place.  this started out as a war against iraqi government and turned into a war against terrorist groups.  We created that and we shouldn't hve been there in the first place.
I agree, i will say this though if we hadnt gone to war with iraq in the beginning we would more than likely had entered a war with iran or pakistan within the first few years of being in afghanistan so we would still be fighting basically 2 wars. Although you never know if iran knew that we had the capability of going to war with them they may have not made some of the moves they have made soo...hind sights always 20/20 i guess.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2008, 09:11:34 PM »
its true, anything was/is possible with bush.

The Coach

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2008, 09:12:07 PM »
Ahahahahha liberal denial at its best. What freaking debate were you watching???

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2008, 09:16:58 PM »
these threads after debates are pointless...  Like listening to pundits right after the debate.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2008, 09:17:08 PM »
I'm not a liberal, i'm a rational human being who see the superiority of Obama, there's a big fucking difference.  

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2008, 09:18:52 PM »
these threads after debates are pointless...  Like listening to pundits right after the debate.

yeah, but its fun and it can lead to greater understanding of other's points of view.  We're all being fairly open and respectful in this thread and i think that is part of the beauty of a "forum," its a learning tool as much as it is a sounding board.  granted, some people don't want to listen to anything but their own farts, but i like to think there's something to be gained here.