Author Topic: Where was McCain's Flag Lapel ?  (Read 2892 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Where was McCain's Flag Lapel ?
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2008, 03:11:31 PM »
Mccain is such a hero for going thru that for our country.  I don't agree with his fiscal policy, but no denying he loves his country.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Where was McCain's Flag Lapel ?
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2008, 05:15:18 PM »
Mccain is such a hero for going thru that for our country.  I don't agree with his fiscal policy, but no denying he loves his country.

He did certainly pay a heavy price. There's no denying that, but I don't know if it makes him heroic.

As for his refusing to be released, ...there's been much propaganda value in that, ...but I wonder how much of the Helsinki syndrome played into that. Think about it. Here he is an admiral's son, broken battered, beaten, and having given up secrets to his captors. This is not in dispute, he has admitted such already. It's quite possible he didn't want to go. He was probably so ashamed of himself, and the fate he felt awaited him in the US that he preferred to stay where he was because it had now become home. He did receive special treatment. Who knows?

If and when the records from Vietnam are usealed, it will be interesting to note what they will contain.
w