Author Topic: 2008 Presidential Debates (comments)  (Read 2728 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
2008 Presidential Debates (comments)
« on: September 27, 2008, 04:34:25 AM »
OK, I've viewed the debates. I have to say I was impressed with Mccain.

Not in his statements, ....but rather in his ability to actually make them.
I think his answers were full of crap, but he did better than I expected him to.
Not in the sense that he has good ideas. it was stale rhetoric chock full of inaccuracies and blatant lies, but he did pander to his base of supporters who don't know much and who need things explained to them.

Personally I can't wait til October 2nd, ...when the $hit will really hit the fan in a big way

Frankly, I've had more than enough of Caribou Barbie, ...but this is one time I truly look forward to hearing her speak again.  :)
w

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: 2008 Presidential Debates (comments)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 06:36:06 AM »
I was not particularly impressed by McCain at all, jag. He gave his usual cranky old man performance.
!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 06:18:54 PM »
I was not particularly impressed by McCain at all, jag. He gave his usual cranky old man performance.

I didn't see McCain's usual cranky old man performance. Instead I saw an articulate, smug, condescending prick, shoring up his ignorant base. He reminded me of what it must have been like when the Pontiff condescendingly declared Copernicus & Galileo as naive and just didn't understand, ...and of course the ignorant Ptolemaics ate it up.

In McCain I saw a man NOT telling the country his views, ...and saying this is what I stand for and if you're for it vote for me, but a pandering politician looking to get votes at any cost.

There were areas where I thought both of them dodged the question, or answered it in too round-about a way.
w

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 08:20:30 PM »
I didn't see McCain's usual cranky old man performance. Instead I saw an articulate, smug, condescending prick, shoring up his ignorant base. He reminded me of what it must have been like when the Pontiff condescendingly declared Copernicus & Galileo as naive and just didn't understand, ...and of course the ignorant Ptolemaics ate it up.

In McCain I saw a man NOT telling the country his views, ...and saying this is what I stand for and if you're for it vote for me, but a pandering politician looking to get votes at any cost.

There were areas where I thought both of them dodged the question, or answered it in too round-about a way.

Sweet baby Jesus, Judi. You know I'm not voting for McCain but it's amusing to me to hear you Obama-Bots call McCain condescending, smug, or arrogant and call this supports ignorant or foolish. It's amusing because you guys can't see the arrogance in yourselves.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 08:54:56 AM »
Sweet baby Jesus, Judi. You know I'm not voting for McCain but it's amusing to me to hear you Obama-Bots call McCain condescending, smug, or arrogant and call this supports ignorant or foolish. It's amusing because you guys can't see the arrogance in yourselves.

I never called Mccain arrogant. I called him a smug, condescending little prick!

His supporters ARE ignorant & foolish, ...either that or greedy lobbyists, or the top 5% of income earners.

I have no illusion about my arrogance. I'm arrogant as hell and I know it. What's your point?

ps: In Texas, there's an old saying: "If you're as good as you say you are, ...it ain't bragging!"  ;)

...besides, ...I got a crush on Obama  :P

w

gymrat01

• Getbig II
  • Lift or Die!!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 08:56:48 AM »
mccain is a grumpy old fart who if elected prob wont even live through his 4 or 8 years as president. he has to be a least 75 years old.
J

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 09:24:39 AM »
mccain is a grumpy old fart who if elected prob wont even live through his 4 or 8 years as president. he has to be a least 75 years old.

He's 72 ...and that's about the jest of it.  :'(

w

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 09:24:46 AM »
I never called Mccain arrogant. I called him a smug, condescending little prick!

His supporters ARE ignorant & foolish, ...either that or greedy lobbyists, or the top 5% of income earners.

I have no illusion about my arrogance. I'm arrogant as hell and I know it. What's your point?

ps: In Texas, there's an old saying: "If you're as good as you say you are, ...it ain't bragging!"  ;)

...besides, ...I got a crush on Obama  :P

So anyone that supports McCain is ignorant & foolish, ...either that or greedy lobbyists, or the top 5% of income earners. It has nothing to do with their political beliefs about taxes, reduced government, gun rights, or global domination military intervention a strong foreign policy backed by military might?

How would you label the Obama-bots? I mean, if you are at all the least bit objective.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 09:25:50 AM »
He's 72 ...and that's about the jest of it.  :'(

Yay ageism!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 12:24:02 PM »
I liked the part where they talked about the Constitution and .................oh wait...

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 05:25:19 PM »
I liked the part where they talked about the Constitution and .................oh wait...

LOL

gymrat01

• Getbig II
  • Lift or Die!!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 10:56:06 PM »
mccain is just like bush. has many of the same policies. he is just another oil tycoon.
J

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 11:10:43 PM »
mccain is just like bush. has many of the same policies. he is just another oil tycoon.

Oil tycoon?? lol. his father and grand father were both Admirals in the navy. his wifes fortune comes from her fathers brewery.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 11:13:53 PM »
What he is is another village idiot trying to get a do-over. In that sense, he and Bush are like twins.
w

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 11:18:53 PM »
k

gymrat01

• Getbig II
  • Lift or Die!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 02:16:21 AM »
yep
J