Author Topic: The King's Olympia Observations.. The truth!  (Read 25765 times)

King Kamali

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Back With A Vengeance
The King's Olympia Observations.. The truth!
« on: September 27, 2008, 09:46:17 AM »
Okay guys.. I am still in NYC but I have looked at all the pics and have been on the phone with many from the King's army that were at the prejudging last night and I got the full scoop. First thing is first, I am still in shock from the passing of my friend Steve Stone. He was a personal trainer at my gym BodyQuest here in NY and I just talked to the man few days ago... I got the news last night from Chick and I'm still fucked up. Life is too fucking short and so precious.. Take each day as a blessing and forget about hating and bad things in life.. It's not worth the time you waste.. Unbelievable!

Now, here is the breakdown of what went down at prejudging:

1. This is the hardest Olympia ever to judge.. Everyone looks either off or transformed into something different from the years past. There is no clear cut winner! It's fucking crazy how in just one year everything changed.

2. Let's go down the line: (only the top guys that matter here)

Cutler:   Same as last year just a bit tighter. All the insulin has done it's damage to Jay's hardness especially from the back. If you Cutler fans are waiting for the 2001 version of Jay you are in for some bad news.. That day is long gone. This is the best Cutler you will ever see, period. Big, blocky... Well, it's Jay.

Dexter:  Let's be real here people, he was MUCH BETTER at the Arnold Classic.. MUCH BETTER! I am a little surprised that he missed this one by a mile. Dex knows that conditioning and those insane shredded glutes were the only Chance he had of getting second at this show.. and he came in at 85%. Lower back and glutes were soft (for Dexter) and looked to be a bit flat.

Heath:  He was better at the Arnold Classic and peaked at the Ironman Pro. He too was a bit off and the added size has made him look even more narrow than before. Again he should have been ultra shredded to have a chance for 2nd place.

Toney:  Much sharper than the AC but no where near his overall package that won the Ironman Pro last year. A bit flat from behind and thin from the side shots but his conditioning pulled him through.

Melvin:  About 2% better than AC. Great conditioning for Melvin and good added size.

Wolf:  Was better last year (sorry Chad) when he was working with Milos and again let's be honest boys, he looked very drugged out. His face has aged 10 years and the 'drol lumps all over his body just gave him a Palumbo look that is just not pleasing. He is very wide (almost as wide as the King) but lacks the back thickness especially in the mid and lower back. Crazy legs from the front.

Silvio:  Best conditioned guy in the show. Insane legs and glutes but his wheels way over power his upper body. He looks like he added 4 inches to his waistline especially from the back (weird). High lats and lack of over all mass is his down fall.

How I would have them after prejudging:

1st: CUTLER (his name was on the Sandow 4 months ago)
2nd:  HEATH (Although better at the Ironman Pro.. still has enough fire power)
3rd: Dexter & Melvin & Silvio (too close to call.. just all over the place)
4th: Freeman (flat and stringy but good enough)
5th: Wolf (better last year and looking like he is about half dead)

In regards to how I would have been placed.. I would have been in the second callout... No doubt in my mind. I carry 30 more pounds of muscle than Melvin, Dexter, Silvio, Heath and I would have crushed Freeman from the side and back. The Olympia is a big man's show and I would have been 10% sharper and fucking super polished at this show. Jim and I have a winning formula especially with the Magic Powder and you know me boys, I would have brought the house down. It's a shame that politics have fucked everything up. I can't tell you guys how encouraged I am after seeing these pics. The Olympia and Arnold Classic are wide open next year... WIDE OPEN!!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: The King's Olympia Observations.. The truth!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 09:56:13 AM »
Interesting King, thanks for the write-up, much appreciated

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 07:28:56 PM »

His face has aged 10 years and the 'drol lumps all over his body just gave him a Palumbo look that is just not pleasing.

What do you mean by "'drol lumps"?

Stavios

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 09:04:22 PM »

Completely disagree about pretty much everything in this  thread

no offence

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 09:06:28 PM »
King. I really like you as a bodybuilder competitor what have you.  But until you eventually get back on that stage (which I believe you will) don't say how you would beat the pants off of so and so. 
Truly STOP WHINING

On_Swole

• Expert
  • Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 10:00:00 PM »
You proved year after year to not be able to qualify for this show,to not be olympia material.
I think you should be a little bit more realistic about your imaginary placing.

Unfortunately, many bodybuilders are unable to view themselves objectively or realistically. None more so than the creator of this thread.

Completely disagree about pretty much everything in this  thread

Exactly.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 10:08:30 PM »
Unfortunately, many bodybuilders are unable to view themselves objectively or realistically. None more so than the creator of this thread.

Exactly.

Everyone's got an opinion Sean, even you.

aussiepro

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 01:36:44 AM »
come on king u cant believe that you'd be in the second call out, u wouldn't even make top 15.
and for u being wider than wolf dream on dude
there's no magic pills... just needles

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 01:43:02 AM »
King would have been battling it out with Leo Ingram and the Russian, and he would have lost.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 06:29:00 AM »
No offence but that time you beat wolf was total bullshit.  The other guys might have been off that day but Wolf was on and much, much better.  Nothing to be ashamed of anyway, the guy has an amazing shape.

King Kamali

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Back With A Vengeance
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 06:36:05 AM »

SuperFatTroll:  There were many men on that stage last night that I beat this year alone. I have qualified for the Olympia several times and opted not to compete.. The Olympia is not that important to me brother.. The fans are.

aussiepro: Yes bro. I can believe and that's why I beat Wolf 2 years a go at the Montreal Pro.. Because I believed. And yes again, I am wider than Wolf.. The next time I see him I will do a lat spread and take a pic just for you. Here are a couple just so you can get a better understanding of my point of view.

Busted:  Could be right.. They are both great bodybuilders.

:-*

rocket:  That's your opinion and 8 judges thought differently..

BlueDevil: Okay.. I blew my "change"..  Positive people..  ;D

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 06:53:16 AM »

BlueDevil: Okay.. I blew my "change"..  Positive people..  ;D

why would you say a thing like that dude?

some of my best poems were dedicated to you bro

King Kamali

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Back With A Vengeance
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 07:01:08 AM »
Sorry fellas.. I missed a couple of your posts:

Van_Bilderass:  When a bodybuilder takes high doses of Anadrol they form these weird cysts all over their bodies.. I myself have a few here and there. ;)

Stavios:  You are correct.. This is the positive board. But opinions are always welcome.

getfast81:  I thank you for the kind words but remember brother, I am stating my opinion. I am not saying I would have beat so and so.. I am saying I "BELIEVE" I can do this and that. It's always good to believe and push oneself to achieve.. That's all.

Let's stop all the bullshit and get back on track.. It was tough Olympia and the correct decision was made. Now the sport has been injected with new blood and excitement. Dexter will have every IFBB Pro coming after him in 2009 and it will make things just that much more fun for all of us. I'm excited and so should you all.

King Kamali

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Back With A Vengeance
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 07:02:12 AM »
BlueDevil:  I got nothin' but love for ya dog! ;D

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 07:02:40 AM »
Quote from: King Kamali link=topic=237379.msg3341341#msg3341341
rocket:  That's your opinion and 8 judges thought differently..

I'll give you credit for holding your own in those poses you posted (and for being as wide, if not wider than Wolf) but it isn't really that close when it comes to anything from the front.  So, if the judges went with you because of your back, okay, but if the judges went with your back + a "paying your dues" penalty to the duetschlander like, I, and most of the guys here think.. that is when it becomes in my opinion "bullshit".  But.. you know.. wolf can do very little wrong on this board ;D

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 07:10:33 AM »
getfast81:  I thank you for the kind words but remember brother, I am stating my opinion. I am not saying I would have beat so and so.. I am saying I "BELIEVE" I can do this and that. It's always good to believe and push oneself to achieve.. That's all.
Well King I definitely respect your opinion and its nice to see you posting to begin with.  I am still in shock that Dexter won.  I ate my words as I was bashing the shit out of the olympia up until the decision and I am floored.  King, next competition brother?  The O next year is wide open and I think Wolf should do the Arnold only.
Truly STOP WHINING

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 07:11:33 AM »
The great thing about putting Dex up there is that he isn't one of the guys you think "well, that wraps up the olympia for another 3-5 years".  Everybody has a shot.  Heath, on the other hand does have that air about him.  I think Heath is too narrow but the judges would appear to disagree with me on that one too :)

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2008, 09:30:03 AM »

In regards to how I would have been placed.. I would have been in the second callout... No doubt in my mind. I carry 30 more pounds of muscle than Melvin, Dexter, Silvio, Heath and I would have crushed Freeman from the side and back. The Olympia is a big man's show and I would have been 10% sharper and fucking super polished at this show. Jim and I have a winning formula especially with the Magic Powder and you know me boys, I would have brought the house down. It's a shame that politics have fucked everything up. I can't tell you guys how encouraged I am after seeing these pics. The Olympia and Arnold Classic are wide open next year... WIDE OPEN!!

WTF ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???  YOU PLACING AHEAD OF TONEY???

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2008, 09:31:02 AM »
WTF ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???  YOU PLACING AHEAD OF TONEY???

at the buffet

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2008, 09:36:55 AM »
Let's keep this thread on track, "gentlemen". :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2008, 09:41:54 AM »
King
What do you think about the commie from venezuela that placed #10 (badell)? Isnt it time to retire?

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2008, 09:48:14 AM »
King
What do you think about the commie from venezuela that placed #10 (badell)? Isnt it time to retire?

;D ;D ;D

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2008, 10:11:49 AM »

SuperFatTroll:  There were many men on that stage last night that I beat this year alone.

1 man, David Henry, at the Iron Man.  This year, you placed 10th at the Iron Man, with Toney in 8th, Johnnie 5th, Silvio 4th, Moe 3rd, Gustavo 2nd and Phil 1st.  Toney beat you again at the AC, placing 4th to your 6th, with Melvin 1st, Johnnie 2nd, and Darrem 3rd.  How are you justifying being in the 2nd callout again?

King Kamali

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Back With A Vengeance
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2008, 10:33:41 AM »
rocket:  Ahhhh my meathead friend.. You are now starting to see the light. I agree with you, that at that show Wolf beat me in the front poses, but I beat him in the side poses and the back and my posing routine blew them all away.. That's why I won. It's the overall picture that the judges and the critiques must look at. This is a subjective sport and you will never change opinions when it comes to this sport.. That still does not change the fact that I beat the man on that particular day. And as far as paying your dues goes that shit does not exist anymore... It's all about sponsorship, PERIOD! I too like Wolf, amazing shape for a big man (tiny waist) and crazy sweeping quads but he has a lot of missing parts. Again, it's all about opinions. And once again Rocket man you are correct again about Dex being a shoe in for multiple years. Just knowing that he is Mr. Olympia lights a fire under the entire IFBB roster because he can and will be beat.. And Heath is on top of that list.

getfast81: Much respect back to you. I too am surprised that Dex won BUT, don't forget that the judges also knew that if they voted for Jay and jay was off like he was on Friday that the sport might not recover and the backlash would be like the economy.. down the toilet. Dex deserved the win but he was not at his best.. He too was a bit off. Wolf needs to take some time off.. Look at the mans face! He was better last year.. what does that tell you? The AC looks very interesting to me.. ;)

alejandro_torres: You God Damn right! I only wish we had a comparison at the Atlantic City show.. It would have been an eye opener ;) Tony is great but at the AC he was off.. That's just telling the truth.

BlueDevil:  If you only knew.. Ask around and you will hear stories about my eating abilities.. I can fucking eat!

benz:  I actually thought Gustavo looked good. He has peaked and his body is doing a Cutler. There is only so much insulin will do for a physique. In all honesty I thought he would look a lot worse than he did.

Zach Trowbridge:  Again it's my opinion and that's it.. You forgot Craig Richardson :-*... You are still missing the point. I have competed against the best and I have beaten the best. I love this sport and my positive attitude keeps me growing and improving. I did half the drugs from the previous years, no insulin, no IGF, no Clen., and no diuretics and I made dramatic improvements since the Ironman. My blood work came back as "almost" normal, and that for me is a miracle. Zach, when I finished my 90 sec. individual routine at the Ac I got a standing ovation and expeditors and fellow competitors were all giving me props for bringing down the house... That shit means more to me than PLACINGS! Stick with your opinion but don't hate the playa!

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2008, 12:05:28 PM »
alejandro_torres:  You see now little kid.. You were doing alright until now. You just proved that you are a complete jackass and just like the rest of the morons in this forum. I am not even flexing in that shot and I already said that wolf was better than I was from the front. What are you trying to prove? That you are a dickhead?? Well you did a great job. This is the positive board and the point of reference was am I wider Than  Wolf? You just got yourself banned and for what kid.. for being a moron. This exactly why no more pros come in here and try to help you guys out... Because of idiots like this.

Anyway, let's get the real warriors back and keep a positive thread going.

i think if you expect people to be positive to you

you should return the compliment
T