Author Topic: Palin -> Reagan  (Read 457 times)

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
Palin -> Reagan
« on: September 27, 2008, 12:52:45 PM »
As a scandinavian I'm following US presidental campaign just over curiosity.

This Palin character made me think that what were Ronald Reagan's credentials to become the president? Do you remember what was said about him back then? ...or your parents maybe?

I mean all I know is that he was an actor and a politically active one but beyond that?

Lol - by Palin's standards I could become us vice president. I live within a days drive from St.Petersburg and have visited Russia 10 times...

BJ

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Palin -> Reagan
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 01:04:56 PM »
He had WAYYYY more experience than Palin. Very successful Gov of California from 67 to 75.

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 01:36:22 PM »
Ok. Thanks

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 02:39:05 PM »
Reagans years as President of the Screen Actor Guild (SAG) gave him alot of time to practice an administration of screwing the very electorate, turning a blind eye to blatant criminality by cronies and lobbyists, influence peddling, and blatant disregard for the law.

His years as Governor of California, gave him the grounding in changing the law in order to effectively prosecute those who were merely exerting their rights.

He was going up against a man who was president when the US embassy employees in Tehran were held hostage for over a year, and the secret rescue mission failed so miserably, they had to turn around and go home before even stepping foot into Iran. (A couple of US military planes crashed into each other) Doh!

His years before the camera gave him much practice and a decided advantage over debating Carter,
...and the rest was history.

Like any potential Palin presidendency, ...Reagan's was notable for the amount of power wielded by his 2nd in command George H. Bush, because he was mentally absent most of the time due to alzheimers. That's probably why we see so much power being wielded by Cheney. Pappy taught Junior the real power was in the Vice President's position, ...and for obvious reasons, ...it had to be.

Who would Sarah Palin's puppet masters be?  The Alaska Secessionists or Pastor Murthee?
Afterall, he did "make a way for her", ...she owes him big time.

Sarah Palin appeals to Hilary Clinton

w

The Coach

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 02:47:05 PM »
Reagans years as President of the Screen Actor Guild (SAG) gave him alot of time to practice an administration of screwing the very electorate, turning a blind eye to blatant criminality by cronies and lobbyists, influence peddling, and blatant disregard for the law.

His years as Governor of California, gave him the grounding in changing the law in order to effectively prosecute those who were merely exerting their rights.

He was going up against a man who was president when the US embassy employees in Tehran were held hostage for over a year, and the secret rescue mission failed so miserably, they had to turn around and go home before even stepping foot into Iran. (A couple of US military planes crashed into each other) Doh!

His years before the camera gave him much practice and a decided advantage over debating Carter,
...and the rest was history.

Like any potential Palin presidendency, ...Reagan's was notable for the amount of power wielded by his 2nd in command George H. Bush, because he was mentally absent most of the time due to alzheimers. That's probably why we see so much power being wielded by Cheney. Pappy taught Junior the real power was in the Vice President's position, ...and for obvious reasons, ...it had to be.

Who would Sarah Palin's puppet masters be?  The Alaska Secessionists or Pastor Murthee?
Afterall, he did "make a way for her", ...she owes him big time.

Sarah Palin appeals to Hilary Clinton

You realize this is a political board right?