Author Topic: What is the VP debate format?  (Read 2945 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
What is the VP debate format?
« on: September 27, 2008, 02:05:24 PM »
Palin has been very "wordy" in her responses to journalists.

You know, restating the question, then listing what that question is important, then assuring us Mccain and she are on top of it, with no real "meat" to her response. 

Those have worked (somewhat) for 15 second reponses to questions.  But what will happen when she has 90 or 120 seconds to fill?  Will her "wordiness" become very obvious to everyone involved? 

Who is the moderator?  Will they allow her to just restate the Q with a "i'm on top of that!" at the end, as she has done in interviews so far?

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
Re: What is the VP debate format?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 03:13:14 PM »
http://debate.wustl.edu/home.php

The debate will be moderated by Gwen Ifill, a longtime correspondent and moderator for nationally televised public broadcasting news programs. Ifill, who serves as moderator and managing editor of PBS' "Washington Week" and senior correspondent for "The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer," also moderated the CPD's 2004 vice presidential debate between Vice President Dick Cheney and Sen. John Edwards, held Oct. 5 at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland.

....I'm actually looking forward to this day. Should be pretty funny actually. Sad but funny. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 03:16:25 PM »
Interesting they're using Gwen Ifill as the host.  It won't be like "the boys picking on Palin" if the moderator is a female.

Imagine Palin with that 'deer in headlights' look when asked a quesiton she doesn't know the answer to.  After 20 seconds of restating the Q and reiterating its importance, it'll be crickets.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 03:36:52 PM »
Imagine Palin with that 'deer in headlights' look when asked a quesiton she doesn't know the answer to.  After 20 seconds of restating the Q and reiterating its importance, it'll be crickets.

...and that's when I shake my head, laugh a little, think for a second "oh my god", followed by the obligatory "are you listening to this" to my wife as she's looks at the plasma with a look of confusion as if she has just been completely mind boggled by something never before spoken, followed by my laughter again, then feeling somewhat embarrassed for palin, ending in me shaking my head again.

Independent here finding humor basically and I found it in Palin. Thanks. 

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 03:58:24 PM »
Palin has been very "wordy" in her responses to journalists.

You know, restating the question, then listing what that question is important, then assuring us Mccain and she are on top of it, with no real "meat" to her response. 

Those have worked (somewhat) for 15 second reponses to questions.  But what will happen when she has 90 or 120 seconds to fill?  Will her "wordiness" become very obvious to everyone involved? 

Who is the moderator?  Will they allow her to just restate the Q with a "i'm on top of that!" at the end, as she has done in interviews so far?

be afraid, be very afraid:

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 04:12:08 PM »
sure McCain......"Country First"  ::)

NT

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 04:15:36 PM »

omg. LMAO

"it is from alaska that we send THOSE (those who? spies?) out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation russia because they are right there they are right next to our state.

....her response is absolutely mind boggling as I said earlier and leaves you bewildered. It's like I'm faded while trying to negotiate a Rubik's cube when I listen to this woman.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 05:30:48 PM »
?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 06:37:17 PM »

Holy shit, this is actually fucking embarrassing to watch. Can't stand it for more than 10 seconds.
from incomplete data

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 08:01:14 PM »
Format:

Vice Presidential candidates are asked questions.

When Palin responds, the audience will collectively gasp in disbelief as she crashes and burns.

Joe Biden will burst into giggles, unable to even respond.

The Debate ends.

The next day:

McCain campaign workers start sending out resumes.

Bill O'Reilly will launch a tour junket entitled "Cutting off the mike: it's not just for your enemies".

McCain gets soooo angry, he calls her a stupid kvnt, then has a stroke.

Pastor Murthee declares McCain's stroke and Palin's poor performance to the treachery of witchcraft

Rick Davis will make a desperate hail mary play by leaking Bristol Palin's first ultra sound pics to the press
w

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 06:23:04 AM »
Format:

Vice Presidential candidates are asked questions.

When Palin responds, the audience will collectively gasp in disbelief as she crashes and burns.

Joe Biden will burst into giggles, unable to even respond.

The Debate ends.

The next day:

After seeing that and other vids, I think Palin will crash and burn McCains chances. Big mistakes choosing her. The women is a moron, and I was open totally to her in the beginning, before she opened her mouth and showed herself to be another Bible thumper nut job with no experience at all. I could live with the lack of experience if she was a sharp dynamic person, but she aint....

McCain campaign workers start sending out resumes.

Bill O'Reilly will launch a tour junket entitled "Cutting off the mike: it's not just for your enemies".

McCain gets soooo angry, he calls her a stupid kvnt, then has a stroke.

Pastor Murthee declares McCain's stroke and Palin's poor performance to the treachery of witchcraft

Rick Davis will make a desperate hail mary play by leaking Bristol Palin's first ultra sound pics to the press

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 06:50:03 AM »
Joe Biden:  I'm going to gut her like a fish, Thursday
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 09:47:51 AM »
Joe Biden:  I'm going to gut her like a fish, Thursday

Link?

I spend 3 hours daily on FOX and haven't seen this yet, Vince. 

The Obama press releases have all praised her.

Where is this quote from?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 10:36:02 AM »
Someone tell her to bring her "examples" with her because there isn't a way to "get them back to you" later.

It would hysterical if Biden showed up at the debate wearing lipstick.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 10:38:01 AM »
I don't know what's scarier... the thought of Palin being puppeted by the same folks controlling Bush...

Or the thought of her winging it and learning on the job, on her own. :(

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 11:46:09 AM »
It doesn't matter the format.  Both sides are going to provide us with about 40 threads when they're done.
Y