Author Topic: What did McCain say in the debate about Kissinger... check it out!!!  (Read 3202 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
MCCAIN: Look, Dr. Kissinger did not say that he would approve of face-to- face meetings between the president of the United States and the president -- and Ahmadinejad. He did not say that.

WASHINGTON, Sept. 16 (UPI) -- Former U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger says the United States should begin direct negotiations with Iran over its nuclear enrichment program.

Kissinger, speaking Monday at George Washington University along with four other former U.S. State Department secretaries, said the next president should initiate high-level discussions with Iran "without conditions," ABC News reported.
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/09/16/Kissinger_Open_direct_Iran_talks/UPI-46971221579660/

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: What did McCain say in the debate about Kissinger... check it out!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 05:00:44 PM »
MCCAIN: Look, Dr. Kissinger did not say that he would approve of face-to- face meetings between the president of the United States and the president -- and Ahmadinejad. He did not say that.

WASHINGTON, Sept. 16 (UPI) -- Former U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger says the United States should begin direct negotiations with Iran over its nuclear enrichment program.

Kissinger, speaking Monday at George Washington University along with four other former U.S. State Department secretaries, said the next president should initiate high-level discussions with Iran "without conditions," ABC News reported.
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/09/16/Kissinger_Open_direct_Iran_talks/UPI-46971221579660/

LOL!
Looks like McCain doesn't know the view of "his friend for 35 years" as well as he thinks.  ;D
McCain tried to lie and spin the truth throughout that debate.
!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 08:27:27 PM »
LOL!
Looks like McCain doesn't know the view of "his friend for 35 years" as well as he thinks.  ;D
McCain tried to lie and spin the truth throughout that debate.

That's because the man is dazed and confused

w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 08:34:54 PM »
wow, that's sad.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 08:57:55 PM »
From the source????

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 09:14:07 PM »
You say potato and I say potato.............

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 09:18:40 PM »
THIS ONE IS FOR COACH.....

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 09:29:02 PM »
From the source????

Oh Puleaze! I love that tight edit by Fox, ...the one that cut off Obama's clarification of Kissinger's statement.

Obama made it clear in the debate that Kissinger favoured the initiation of talks, ...he also made it clear that pre-conditions and preparations are 2 separate things. It was McCain who mischaracterized obama's statement, and anyone who saw the debate live for themselves would know that.

Those who get their information 2nd hand from propangnda machines with an agenda deserve what they get for dropping the ball and refusing to take responsibility for their own edification.

Here is the conversation and clarification in context and without Fox's devious & manipulative editing

w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 09:32:46 PM »
From the source????

key words, he just said "until we know"  So he does support it at some point.  McCain is the one that parsed words to make his point.  When Obama said that, he was specifically addressing the Bush administrations constant use of preconditions.  Requiring them to an absolute before any talk.  Of course Kissinger is going to spin with McCain, he supports him.  The fact is, he does agree with Obama, the main point is dropping preconditions.  The spin point is focusing on "face to face" Obama has repeatidly said over and over he never meant that face to face would be without high level preparations.  So back to Kissinger's high level preparations "until we know"  He agrees with Obama and is spinning for McCain.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 09:33:29 PM »
Oh Puleaze! I love that tight edit by Fox, ...the one that cut off Obama's clarification of Kissinger's statement.

Obama made it clear in the debate that Kissinger favoured the initiation of talks, ...he also made it clear that pre-conditions and preparations are 2 separate things. It was McCain who mischaracterized obama's statement, and anyone who saw the debate live for themselves would know that.

Those who get their information 2nd hand from propangnda machines with an agenda deserve what they get for dropping the ball and refusing to take responsibility for their own edification.

Here is the conversation and clarification in context and without Fox's devious & manipulative editing

You are Canadian. When we annex your country and you become a 51st state, then you can argue like all the rest of the libs on here.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 09:36:07 PM »
key words, he just said "until we know"  So he does support it at some point.  McCain is the one that parsed words to make his point.  When Obama said that, he was specifically addressing the Bush administrations constant use of preconditions.  Requiring them to an absolute before any talk.  Of course Kissinger is going to spin with McCain, he supports him.  The fact is, he does agree with Obama, the main point is dropping preconditions.  The spin point is focusing on "face to face" Obama has repeatidly said over and over he never meant that face to face would be without high level preparations.  So back to Kissinger's high level preparations "until we know"  He agrees with Obama and is spinning for McCain.

Didnt Obama say that as president that he wouldnt rule out or put any restrictions on what he could do in the interest of talking woth other nations? I know I am butchering what he said, but I rememeber it was something along those lines. 

I McCains point was we cant legitimize these peoples actions until they can prove they are willing to cooperate.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 09:40:58 PM »
yea, pretty interesting how fox edited out Obama's clarification/correction of McCain's mischaracterization on his stance.  A clarification that he has made dozens of times.  McCain, Kissinger and Fox should be absolutely ashamed.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 09:47:15 PM »
Didnt Obama say that as president that he wouldnt rule out or put any restrictions on what he could do in the interest of talking woth other nations? I know I am butchering what he said, but I rememeber it was something along those lines. 

I McCains point was we cant legitimize these peoples actions until they can prove they are willing to cooperate.

For F's sake, ...you're talking about a head of state! He's the goddamned president of Iran.
He is already legitimate. Pretending he's not does nothing to improve your position.

You want something from the man, ...you negotiate.
If they could negotiate with the Taliban, ...why can't they negotiate with Iran?
Iran isn't killing US soldiers, the Taliban is, ...but they're not only willing to negotiate with them, ...but have them form part of the gov in Afghanistan, ...but they won't talk with Iran? Idiots! What is it that simple minded Republican God bots have against talking with people.
w

The Coach

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 09:49:32 PM »
You are Canadian. When we annex your country and you become a 51st state, then you can argue like all the rest of the libs on here.

LOL hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha!!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 09:52:07 PM »
yea, pretty interesting how fox edited out Obama's clarification/correction of McCain's mischaracterization on his stance.  A clarification that he has made dozens of times.  McCain, Kissinger and Fox should be absolutely ashamed.

I don't know if you could hold Kissinger accountable for Fox's editing. It was afterall a phone interview.
Although, ...at face value, it doesn't look at all like he was willing to set the record completely straight.
...after all, it's not like he didn't know what was going on, or what they were attempting to do.  :-\
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 10:01:45 PM »
I don't know if you could hold Kissinger accountable for Fox's editing. It was afterall a phone interview.
Although, ...at face value, it doesn't look at all like he was willing to set the record completely straight.
...after all, it's not like he didn't know what was going on, or what they were attempting to do.  :-\
I hold him accountable for the spin.  He knows full well he said the same thing Obama has said over and over.  That's not the first time he's heard Obama on the issue.  He chose to align with McCain's spin of face to face vs. what Obama has stated for a long time.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 10:13:30 PM »
I hold him accountable for the spin.  He knows full well he said the same thing Obama has said over and over.  That's not the first time he's heard Obama on the issue.  He chose to align with McCain's spin of face to face vs. what Obama has stated for a long time.

Ya, but let's be honest here... Kissinger didn't spin anything. McCain spun it, and Fox was complicitous. They asked him a direct question. Within the framework of that question was a mischaracterization of Obama's statement from the debate. So kissinger's answer, while clarifying his original statement was completely true and accurate. Even though he is an advisor to Mccain, he is attempting to appear neutral, to the dumb & dumber crowd. He knew the reason for the phone call, and chose to participate in the charade of answering a question he knew mischaracterized Obama's statements. But like a computer... garbage in... garbage out. It's to be expected of fox.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2008, 10:19:55 PM »
the analysis on hannity last night was VERY one-sided.

They refused to show kissy's original statement!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2008, 10:27:41 PM »
Ya, but let's be honest here... Kissinger didn't spin anything. McCain spun it, and Fox was complicitous. They asked him a direct question. Within the framework of that question was a mischaracterization of Obama's statement from the debate. So kissinger's answer, while clarifying his original statement was completely true and accurate. Even though he is an advisor to Mccain, he is attempting to appear neutral, to the dumb & dumber crowd. He knew the reason for the phone call, and chose to participate in the charade of answering a question he knew mischaracterized Obama's statements. But like a computer... garbage in... garbage out. It's to be expected of fox.
yea, if we're assuming this was Kissinger's only source of Obama's stance.  It is naive to assume that.  I'm pretty sure it is not.  It's been brought up several times over the last year and Kissinger is actively engaged.  It also assumes he didn't watch the debate, I doubt that.  Of course fox is guilty, McCain is guilty, but Kissinger is not innocent in the spin job.  no way.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2008, 10:31:33 PM »
yea, if we're assuming this was Kissinger's only source of Obama's stance.  It is naive to assume that.  I'm pretty sure it is not.  It's been brought up several times over the last year and Kissinger is actively engaged.  It also assumes he didn't watch the debate, I doubt that.  Of course fox is guilty, McCain is guilty, but Kissinger is not innocent in the spin job.  no way.

I completely agree there.
I doubt he neglected to watch the debate, ...especially one billed as a "foreign policy" debate.
There is complicity to share all around.
w