Author Topic: Thoughts on the O, Heath as a standout  (Read 3619 times)

Jizzacked

Thoughts on the O, Heath as a standout
« on: September 27, 2008, 10:54:45 PM »
I don't really follow bodybuilding as much as I used to back in the day... and frankly I know little about heath...

I do know though from what I saw in the posing routine.... that was bodybuilding.  I was really awestruck, for the first time in years... probably not felt that motivating burn inside to train since  I was a teenager marveling at the black and gray nasser + fux shoot, and the gritty grainy dry pics of dorian about around that same time.

I have been totally jaded to the "sport" for years now, and enjoy shooting the shit with the bros on here about bodybuilding... and tonight I thought it was pretty cool how things went down, cutler bowed out gracefully and the title changed hands again.

it seems bodybuilding has been limping along for some time now, a complete laughing stock with the shmoes and all the sordid shit that comes along with the scene, but tonight I saw a bit of those qualities that made me pick up the weights as a kid, and strive to better myself physically.

overall I would say it was a good olympia.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
Re: Thoughts on the O, Heath as a standout
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 02:26:01 AM »
yes, it was a magnificent night for bodybuilding when dex won. he has been the greatet bodybuilder in the world for quite some time now.

as for heath, i really do not rate him, he is arrogant, and lazy, in fact if not for his genetic response to gear he would still be playing basketball. As someone on here said, is as narrow as a lake trout. the only bodypart on his that impresses me is arms.
175lbs by 31st July

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 02:32:29 AM »
yes, it was a magnificent night for bodybuilding when dex won. he has been the greatet bodybuilder in the world for quite some time now.

as for heath, i really do not rate him, he is arrogant, and lazy, in fact if not for his genetic response to gear he would still be playing basketball. As someone on here said, is as narrow as a lake trout. the only bodypart on his that impresses me is arms.

Arrogant, no, he is the opposite, all of the interviews you see of him, he's down to earth, and very likable. In fact, that is one of his strong points, and why people like him. He is far from Flex Wheeler arrogant. And lazy?  Nope, I posted a video showing how he compared to Shawn Ray in his mentality, and he was very similar. Staating that he can't be content with what he sees in the mirror.   

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 02:36:12 AM »
Arrogant, no, he is the opposite, all of the interviews you see of him, he's down to earth, and very likable. In fact, that is one of his strong points, and why people like him. He is far from Flex Wheeler arrogant. And lazy?  Nope, I posted a video showing how he compared to Shawn Ray in his mentality, and he was very similar. Staating that he can't be content with what he sees in the mirror.   

???  watch his video again.

he talks like he is better than dex, and wolf, he is only just appeared on the scene.

::)
175lbs by 31st July

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 02:49:04 AM »
Phil Heath is a huge dude no doubt about it.  He's got some potential but he came in looking way too soft.  He blew up too fast.  He needs to give his physique some time and really hammer out his weak points.  He can't hold Wolf's jockstrap though.  And he is a pretty nice guy in person.....just sounds like a total homo. 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 03:11:23 AM »
???  watch his video again.

he talks like he is better than dex, and wolf, he is only just appeared on the scene.

::)

It's confidence. he's been a pro for what 2-3 yrs, and won his first 2 shows. It's not like he 's Kamali and is calling out Shawn Ray his rookie year (and looking like Kamali)

If he's asked if he can beat Dex or Wolf, and he says yes, I say that is confidence right there. What do want him to say, "No, I don't think I can beat him"

There was a guy who was asked that, and he ever won a Olympia, his name is Flex Wheeler. If Flex actually beleived that he could beat Yates (and Yates thought Flex was his biggest threat), chances are he might have beaten Yates, or have beaten Ronnie in 1998, because he would have gone that extra mile. Plus Flex said, that never thought he could win the Olympia. Which speaks volumes on positive thinking.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 06:16:07 AM »
It's confidence. he's been a pro for what 2-3 yrs, and won his first 2 shows. It's not like he 's Kamali and is calling out Shawn Ray his rookie year (and looking like Kamali)

If he's asked if he can beat Dex or Wolf, and he says yes, I say that is confidence right there. What do want him to say, "No, I don't think I can beat him"

There was a guy who was asked that, and he ever won a Olympia, his name is Flex Wheeler. If Flex actually beleived that he could beat Yates (and Yates thought Flex was his biggest threat), chances are he might have beaten Yates, or have beaten Ronnie in 1998, because he would have gone that extra mile. Plus Flex said, that never thought he could win the Olympia. Which speaks volumes on positive thinking.

i disagree, he come across as arrogant to me.
175lbs by 31st July

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 06:20:52 AM »
i disagree, he come across as arrogant to me.

Like Parker said, you're confusing arrogance with confidence.  He's been able to back most of his talk up, which is more than most guys can say.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 06:42:12 AM »
Like Parker said, you're confusing arrogance with confidence.  He's been able to back most of his talk up, which is more than most guys can say.

how do you know what i'm thinking and why  ??? ;D

seriously, he comes across as lazy, arrogant, cocky, and yes confident too.

look at the interview he did in the hotel room with cormier, and dex for flex magazine, he sits there talking like he's been there and done it all, ever in the presence or dex and cormier.

175lbs by 31st July

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 09:47:59 AM »
how do you know what i'm thinking and why  ??? ;D

seriously, he comes across as lazy, arrogant, cocky, and yes confident too.

look at the interview he did in the hotel room with cormier, and dex for flex magazine, he sits there talking like he's been there and done it all, ever in the presence or dex and cormier.

To each his own, I guess, but cocky and lazy are two of the last words that come to mind when I think of Phil.  If anybody is getting an attitude, it's Jay.  All this "I can look like a piece of shit baked in brown sugar and still beat all you bitches" crap he's been spewing in interviews the last couple months, I'm glad he lost.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 09:52:09 AM »
HEATH

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 10:06:22 AM »

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 10:41:23 AM »
To each his own, I guess, but cocky and lazy are two of the last words that come to mind when I think of Phil.  If anybody is getting an attitude, it's Jay.  All this "I can look like a piece of shit baked in brown sugar and still beat all you bitches" crap he's been spewing in interviews the last couple months, I'm glad he lost.

another time, in his video, hes doing arms and starts insulting the guy who put the heaviest barbell on the top of the rack.  ::)

real tough guy, insulting a 125lbs weakling who clearly couldn't lift the heavy weight to the bottom. not everyone has the strength of a steroid induced mutated lake trout like him. >:(
175lbs by 31st July

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 10:45:01 AM »
I don't really follow bodybuilding as much as I used to back in the day... and frankly I know little about heath...

I do know though from what I saw in the posing routine.... that was bodybuilding.  I was really awestruck, for the first time in years... probably not felt that motivating burn inside to train since  I was a teenager marveling at the black and gray nasser + fux shoot, and the gritty grainy dry pics of dorian about around that same time.

I have been totally jaded to the "sport" for years now, and enjoy shooting the shit with the bros on here about bodybuilding... and tonight I thought it was pretty cool how things went down, cutler bowed out gracefully and the title changed hands again.

it seems bodybuilding has been limping along for some time now, a complete laughing stock with the shmoes and all the sordid shit that comes along with the scene, but tonight I saw a bit of those qualities that made me pick up the weights as a kid, and strive to better myself physically.

overall I would say it was a good olympia.

good post

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 10:54:40 AM »
HEATH

listen to the arrogance from him - "maybe i'll train a little calves for dexter "

arrogant, bigheaded, lazy, narrow as a pencil, all arms lake trout  >:(
175lbs by 31st July

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 11:00:30 AM »
listen to the arrogance from him - "maybe i'll train a little calves for dexter "

arrogant, bigheaded, lazy, narrow as a pencil, all arms lake trout  >:(
FatPanda I like you, BUT, I think Phil is a cool guy a terrific bodybuilder and a real good promoter of the sport (except for the fact that if anybody hears that only half a dozen years ago this guy was a skinny bb player; they think "all drugs").

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 11:16:57 AM »
except for the fact that if anybody hears that only half a dozen years ago this guy was a skinny bb player; they think "all drugs").

these people are not wrong  ;D

although i would add all drugs and arms  ;D
175lbs by 31st July

RC Money

• Getbig III
  • I don't knock on doors...I knock doors down.
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2008, 11:33:42 AM »
He sounds young and confident in a competative way. He said he thought he could be Dex, he did'nt but was still close. He said he would beat Wolf and he did. The guy has won his pro debut and placed well in the biggest contests in bb, plus many saw him as the most impressive and improved athlete on the O stage. His strentgh is his main arms but also his deep clean cuts are a strength as well which are rare now days.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2008, 12:04:29 PM »
Again...the best of the under 30 crowd but how can he win the O with a back spread badder than Flex Wheeler?  How without "The Gift" from AMI?

So..it's just not the oversized arms and repressive chest with out of balance delts.

Oh...Monica!

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2008, 12:46:18 PM »
Again...the best of the under 30 crowd but how can he win the O with a back spread badder than Flex Wheeler?  How without "The Gift" from AMI?

So..it's just not the oversized arms and repressive chest with out of balance delts.

moe brutal truth about this myth  ;D

he is vastly overrated, and has flaws that cannot be worked on i.e. skeletal structure.
175lbs by 31st July

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2008, 12:55:36 PM »
these people are not wrong  ;D

although i would add all drugs and arms  ;D
I didnt say they were  :D

I like Phil. I like his enthusiasm for the sport, how excited he gets up on stage, how much he loves it. Today I had a kick ass workout...thinking about how pumped up Phil was on stage, I transformed his energy into mine and was lifting like a champ. (even though it was only on cable crossovers  ;D )