Author Topic: Vice Presidential Debate Expectations: Obama Camp Calls Palin "Terrific Debater"  (Read 4188 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

“Politico's Mike Allen writes:

"We've looked at tapes of Gov. Palin's debates, and she's a terrific debater," Plouffe told reporters on a conference call. "She has performed very, very well. She's obviously a skilled speaker. We expect she'll give a great performance next Thursday." <...>

"She's obviously prepping this weekend in Pennsylvania," Plouffe continued. "Anyone who watches any of her previous debates would be impressed by her debating skills."

Obama national press secretary Bill Burton added: "What's missing is knowing where she stands on a lot of the important issues that will come up at the debate. Preparing to debate against someone who is really largely unknown, who's spent so much time preparing for the debate, will be a real challenge.

"She's not out there on the stump that much. She's not doing a whole lot of interviews. So she's spending a whole lot of time -- hours and hours a day, apparently -- preparing for this debate. And we suspect that she'll come in fighting form."

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
both of them are going to sound like robots

240 is Back

• Getbig V
both of them are going to sound like robots

I disagree.  Biden getsin trouble for his brutal honesty and totally frank nature.  Hell, biden admitted to reporters that Pakistan helped fund 911, and that he was upset about it.  This was right after the hearings where it was revealed their top genereal wired 100k to lead terrorist Atta.  Biden actually admitted he was really mad about it, that our ally was involved in funding 911.

Palin, she'll try to be a robot, then act adorable when cornered.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
I am voting supporting McCain, but im sorry. I just dont see her coming out ahead unless Joe really puts his foot in his mouth.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I am voting supporting McCain, but im sorry. I just dont see her coming out ahead unless Joe really puts his foot in his mouth.

honest Q... do you think she'll be a solid leader if mccain undergoes treatment and she takes over?

Or, do you think she'll be more of a face/cheerleader for policy given to her (ala Bush/Cheney on foreign policy)?

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Palin, she'll try to be a robot, then act adorable when cornered.

lol did you see the 2nd SNL skit?  :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
lol did you see the 2nd SNL skit?  :D

yep.  Spot on.  I hope moderator Gewl Ifil was watching, and will call palin out if she tries it.  it's good that America sees palin's trick for getting out of trouble.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
honest Q... do you think she'll be a solid leader if mccain undergoes treatment and she takes over?

Or, do you think she'll be more of a face/cheerleader for policy given to her (ala Bush/Cheney on foreign policy)?

Honestly, given her history I actually think she will one day be a very good executive. I think given 2-3 years in the whitehouse she will be much much better suited that she currently is. She has been a leader for a long time and has been pretty successful thus far.

My biggest thing for both Obama and Palin is I think both of them need another 4 years before they are ready for prime time.

The diff for me is that Obama is running for the big show and Palin is running for second string.

I think she is too ambitious to take a back seat as a lame duck vp (quayle) and will be much more involved that even McCain will want lol.

but to answer your question. No at this moment I would not feel confortable with her as my president.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
yep.  Spot on.  I hope moderator Gewl Ifil was watching, and will call palin out if she tries it.  it's good that America sees palin's trick for getting out of trouble.

I was stunned when I saw that interview... I was like wtf??

It was frighteningly familar too....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Not a great selection for candidates at the moment.

The thing that worries me... there's a huge medical movement - 2500+ doctors have signed a petition to get meecain to RELEASE medical records, and not just let Dr Sanji from CNN have 45 minutes to skim 400 pages.

Turns out with the recent skin "issues" where he kept bumping his head on limo and getting band-aids in same place where cancer was... then this incident where left side of face was drooped and something was swollen in his cheek...

People are nervous. 

What do you think?  If he's 72 and has had 4 bouts with cancer, and has appeared with band-aids (and if VP is marginally competent at best), should his records be required? 

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Honestly, given her history I actually think she will one day be a very good executive. I think given 2-3 years in the whitehouse she will be much much better suited that she currently is. She has been a leader for a long time and has been pretty successful thus far.

My biggest thing for both Obama and Palin is I think both of them need another 4 years before they are ready for prime time.

The diff for me is that Obama is running for the big show and Palin is running for second string.

I think she is too ambitious to take a back seat as a lame duck vp (quayle) and will be much more involved that even McCain will want lol.

but to answer your question. No at this moment I would not feel confortable with her as my president.

So basically you think the more experience they have, the better manipulator they will become?

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
Not a great selection for candidates at the moment.

The thing that worries me... there's a huge medical movement - 2500+ doctors have signed a petition to get meecain to RELEASE medical records, and not just let Dr Sanji from CNN have 45 minutes to skim 400 pages.

Turns out with the recent skin "issues" where he kept bumping his head on limo and getting band-aids in same place where cancer was... then this incident where left side of face was drooped and something was swollen in his cheek...

People are nervous. 

What do you think?  If he's 72 and has had 4 bouts with cancer, and has appeared with band-aids (and if VP is marginally competent at best), should his records be required? 

I think that if he does get elected it will be one term. Some people have great genetics. Just look at his mom. But if its true the guy has cancer that changes things.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
So basically you think the more experience they have, the better manipulator they will become?

Its a catch 22 because as you know, there is a game that is played by all politicians by lobbyists etc. The great thing about both Palin and Obama is they are fresh enough that they havent been tained as much someone who has been in office as long as some of these guys have. (although my personal opion is that Obama has been getting a good head start in that area)

But on the other hand with experience comes knowledge. Knowledge of how to not only deal with the other side of the isle, but with other nations we interact with. Also knowledge of what has worked and what hasnt. That mantle of leadership gets tested just as it would in any career.

I have been in IT now for 10 years. would I trust myself 5 years ago with the decisions I am responsible for making now? HELL NO! experience has given me perspective and knowledge on how to deal with these decisions in a way that wasnt possible for me before.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I think that if he does get elected it will be one term. Some people have great genetics. Just look at his mom. But if its true the guy has cancer that changes things.

But his dad died at 70.

And he has serious physical damage due to cancer, hard living, and the POW time.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
then act adorable when cornered.

Like a retarded house cat.