Author Topic: has wolf already mayxed out his potential (besides conditioning) ?  (Read 709 times)

closeline

• Getbig IV
has wolf already mayxed out his potential (besides conditioning) ?
« on: September 28, 2008, 03:38:23 AM »
First of all i want to say that dennis wolf is a great bodybuilder and my favorite pro in the moment

but i wonder if he can improve over the next years:

considering the following facts:

- he is just 28y old, but what really counts is his biological age, or how long you re allready living the hardcore lifestyle
(wolf has been competing as a heavyweight since he was a teenager)
so i think he wont be on stage till is 40s, and rather be one of the guys who have to end their career in the early to mid 30s
what means he has maybe only 4 to 6 more years to go in which he will be able to look good, before the "palumboism" as seen on ronnie coleman 2006/2007 and jay cutler 2008 wiil be jump in
MARLBORO doesn t help too (ask ruhl)

- the bodyparts considered as week points are gentically very limited
his lats are high and you can t get a thicker lower back if there are only tendons of the lat, erectors are allready well developed, but lats simply end to high -> his lower back will never get better !
calfs are high and without any size-improvement since last year, calfs are allways all genetics as well as biceps peak and triceps seperation
maybe only his upper pecs and abs can be improved via training (relatively small waist but 3nd worst abs in the 2008 olympia, absolutely no depth and thickness !)

- ass we all know, the most important thing in pro BB is drugs, and any major improvements as for example ronnie c did 97 to 98 is a result of dosing every thing up, better drugs, more sophisticated application or accepting a higher risk in generall
i don t think there is anything out there (after hes working with cad and milos), that dennis wolf is not doing today at the highest posible level, exept synthol and implants (what wouldn t help anyway)

- muscle quality is not so good
for example guys like flex wheeler have all the cuts and striations even when they are not in best condition, wolf hasn t that ability
wolfy has to bring always 100% conditioning to show at least some muscle details
and thats gonna be hard over the years

my opinion is
i don t think he will ever be much better than what we ve seen now
he can be a little fuller in the legs as he was in 2007 combined with a very good conditioning as he had this year, but thats it
of course this all doesen t mean he can t place higher in contests, depending on politics/contracts (has to sign with muscletec) and how the other guys in the lineup will be looking like (can martinez and kai recover, how long will dex be out there, how much mass can heath put on ?)

what do you guys think?

still sure hes a future mr O?

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
Re: has wolf already mayxed out his potential (besides conditioning) ?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 03:48:48 AM »
See that's the whole problem.  Who's to say something like high lats or low lats looks better?  I think Boxers are the coolest looking dogs around.  Others think they are the ugliest dogs around.  Wolf is in my opinion the IDEAL physique most men would aspire to be.  I think the shorter bodybuilders with lat tie ins down to their ass look stupid.  Check out the pic WillGrant showed of the back shots.  Look at the fucking picture where Wolf is flexing his low back.  It's INSANE!  NONE of the other competitors even have a low back.  They are all lats. 

io856

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 03:49:19 AM »
Has Ruhl experienced problems due to his love for cigarettes?

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 03:51:39 AM »
yes but judges are not the average guy or girl judging what is the best physique to walk down the street

lower back thicknes and having a nice christmas tree is maybe the most important thing on stage

i know people would much rather look like dennis than a turtle midget

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 03:52:53 AM »
good post

could wolf win the olympia?.....yes

will he?....no

he doesnt have what it takes at the highest level.....this isnt a dorian or flex....guys whose potential was obvious at an early age....with these guys, you were like "damn, how good can this guy get?".....Wolf has the Ruhl structure....that nordic German gene....it doesn't stack up against the black man generally....and if you're white, you either got to be a Dorian or a slight-of-hand conception like Arnold....once in a generation bber's....once in multi-generational BBer's....there is a difference between top 5 Mr Olympia and MR OLYMPIA....it's like comparing Karl Malone or Barley or Ewing to Jordan....great gifted players, but the next level was beyond their reach

no hate towards Wolf....and if he wins Olympia one day, then it won't be with the physique of the last two years.....he's going to have to do a Ronnie and work out what is needed to take him to the top.....drugs, better training (not one fucking chin-up - jesus christ!!!), whatever.....but that's the challenge....good luck to him....his smile would light up the Joe Weider medal for sure....

As for the people saying Wolf should have won....fucking shut up!

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 03:53:48 AM »
Has Ruhl experienced problems due to his love for cigarettes?

not beside looking like 67 years old in his mid 30s and being unable to get enough oxygen in his massive muscles

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 03:55:30 AM »
yes but judges are not the average guy or girl judging whot is the best physique to walk down the street

lower back thicknes and having a nice christmas tree is maybe the most important thin on stage

i know people would much rather look like dennis than a turtle midget

Amen....... have you seen how fucking ridiculous someone Dexter Jackson's size is?  haha 5'6 is definitely turtle midget material. 

CoolDuck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 04:11:22 AM »
he doesnt have what it takes at the highest level.....this isnt a dorian or flex....guys whose potential was obvious at an early age....with these guys, you were like "damn, how good can this guy get?".....Wolf has the Ruhl structure....that nordic German gene....it doesn't stack up against the black man generally....and if you're white, you either got to be a Dorian or a slight-of-hand conception like Arnold

In some ways Wolf has better genetics than Arnold (narrower waist, possibly wider shoulders) and Dorian (better arms and chest as well as better shoulder to waist ratio). Wolf is clearly genetically superior to Heath, who is much narrower.

CD

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 04:55:02 AM »
yesbut advantages belong to his skeleton not muscles

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 05:14:12 AM »
Sigh.
I hate the State.