Author Topic: Dexter Jackson: Will he compete at the 2009 Arnold?  (Read 1638 times)

packetman

• Getbig II
Dexter Jackson: Will he compete at the 2009 Arnold?
« on: September 28, 2008, 08:03:50 AM »
So I guess the next question is how many times will Dex compete in 2009?  I wonder if he's going to do the stupid 1 show a year deal.  Will Jay do the AC in 2009 or is he going to hole up in Vegas and finish the job of ending his career?

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
Re: Dexter in 2009 how many times will he compete
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 08:17:48 AM »
Just what he needs to do is show up at the Arnold with Vic there.  One show will work at his age in 2009.  Tour and make some good money.
Oh...Monica!

tendonitis

• Getbig V
Will Dexter do the Arnold in 09?
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 09:19:47 AM »
Will Dexter go to Columbus next year and defend his ASC title?  Victor, Wolf, Kai have already said they are in. Phil might be there. Even Ronnie has hinted he might compete there.  It's going to be a loaded show.

Does Dexter go there and risk losing right after being crowned Mr. Olympia? The Arnold has a history of giving the right man the victory.

packetman

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 09:24:55 AM »
Just what he needs to do is show up at the Arnold with Vic there.  One show will work at his age in 2009.  Tour and make some good money.

Did Dexter say in MD this would be his last Olympia?

You know after all those years of trying he can't just walk away without trying to win another one.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 09:28:42 AM »
He will be 40 with Jay retiring (wich i think is gonna happen) he only has to worry about Victor who is a far better bb....  I dont see Wolf or Heat getting ahead in the next several months.

packetman

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 09:40:51 AM »
I agree about Jay retiring.  His body just doesn't seem to be responding the way it once did.  I've always gotten the feeling from Jay that BB is a means to an end for him.  Not the way Ronnie approached it.  Coleman had a lot more passion for what he was doing regardless of the toll on his health (at least from a perception).  I think Ronnie's body still responded well to the protocols it was just wearing out. 

Jay seems to know the score and what it's doing to him.  He will get out while the getting is good.

Then again, BB's have a warped sense of self at times.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Will Dexter do the Arnold in 09?
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 10:46:52 PM »
Dexter will not compete in the 2009 Arnold Classic.   Dexter is taking the year off, and will defend his 2008 Mr. Olympia title. Congratulations.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 10:51:19 PM »
Dexter will not compete in the 2009 Arnold Classic.   Dexter is taking the year off, and will defend his 2008 Mr. Olympia title. Congratulations.

the idea of that guy taking a year off just to focus on the O is pretty sweet. I cant wait to see what he can do with a full year of preparation.

FitChic78

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 10:53:46 PM »
I thought he was going to retire. MD featured an interview where he said that regardless of the outcome of this year's Olympia, this is going to be his last year. So I take it you Ron have heard it otherwise from the Blade himself?!?

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 10:56:09 PM »
No need. Just focus on the Mr. Olympia.

He could be one and done though. You got Martinez, Wolf, and Heath all primed.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 10:57:50 PM »

He will lose to Vic

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Dexter Jackson: Will he compete at the 2009 Arnold?
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 11:00:38 PM »
I thought he was going to retire. MD featured an interview where he said that regardless of the outcome of this year's Olympia, this is going to be his last year. So I take it you Ron have heard it otherwise from the Blade himself?!?

Yes, Dexter is not retiring at all. He will skip the 2009 Arnold Classic, and defend the title at the 2009 Mr. Olympia. No other show.

The 2009 Olympia is going to be the best in terms of who will win. You will have Dexter Jackson, Jay Cutler, Victor Martinez, Dennis Wolf and Phil Heath.  Both Phil Heath and Dennis Wolf are young, under 30, and each year, will get more experienced.  We all know Victor's capabilities, and of course, Dexter defending, and Jay Cutler coming in 2009 in the condition he was on Saturday will make it a very tough contest.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 11:21:08 PM »
Jay should just walk.

He's won everything there is to win.

Ironman
3 Arnold Classics
Night of Champions
A couple of Grand Prix wins
2 Mr. Olympias

That's as many as Larry Scott and Franco Columbu.

Married. Very well off. Nothing left to prove. Take pride in your accomplishments. Start to get off the drugs. Live and enjoy your life.

FreedomFighter

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 11:25:22 PM »
i think its a good idea give his  body some rest. it was a hot year :o

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 11:46:23 PM »
Dex will ride the wave for a year. I think Wolf will turn up at the Arnold to re-establish himself as THE main challenger.

bigdarksnake

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 01:30:17 AM »
Jay needs Milos or Disgusted to guru him to the top......

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 03:40:38 AM »

That's too bad. Could be easy money in Dexter's pocket.