LilPoppaPete

• Getbig II
« on: September 28, 2008, 08:40:58 AM »

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
Re: The good and bad of Dex's win
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 08:48:44 AM »
Agreed.  I liked seeing Dexter rewarded for all of his consistently-good appearances.  When's the last time Dexter was "off?"  And in Wolf's case, had Wolf came in the shape that Phil Heath was in I'd have been very disturbed that he was denied the title.  But since he missed it, the difference to me anymore between 2nd place and what he got is negligible so forget about it.  Just good to see Dexter finally "the king of the bodybuilding world," as opposed to "the king of Jacksonville," as gh15 has put it before.   ;D   

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 08:49:18 AM »

I think he's dead Jim

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 08:52:35 AM »
It will be good to have Dexter as Mr. Olympia. Dude has a great physique and is entertaining as hell. Should be a fun year.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 08:54:55 AM »
It will be good to have Dexter as Mr. Olympia. Dude has a great physique and is entertaining as hell. Should be a fun year.

hi dexters wife.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 08:56:09 AM »
This was a great step in the right direction; however, Victor should have been the person who started this move to a more aesthetic physique...at last year's Olympia.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 09:01:40 AM »
Good decision IMO.  Jay is amazing, able to put on more dense mass than anyone on the stage last night...but in chasing Ronnie for 8 yrs, he changed his physique slowly from his best 2001 form.

I think Victor has an excellent chance at taking the title next year.  It was his title in 2007.  He compares well with Dexter but is bigger and has a better back.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 09:02:41 AM »
Good decision IMO.  Jay is amazing, able to put on more dense mass than anyone on the stage last night...but in chasing Ronnie for 8 yrs, he changed his physique slowly from his best 2001 form.

I think Victor has an excellent chance at taking the title next year.  It was his title in 2007.  He compares well with Dexter but is bigger and has a better back.

You're correct, but remember...Victor is signed with MD.  Do you REALLY think he's got a fair shot at the O next year?

RC Money

• Getbig III
  • I don't knock on doors...I knock doors down.
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 09:07:51 AM »
Can't stand next to Wolf?? ::) He's schooling him here on every level(except for height of course). The Wolf nut hugging is getting rediculous, all the talk of how great he will be in years and he looked no better with a whole year of prep for this. The whole Wolf nut hugging phenomenom is some sort of subconcious attraction to the man. :D

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 09:09:23 AM »
If Phil had taken this yr off too...we'd crying about Jay winning #3.  Look at the buzz on Muscletime and other sites after pre-judging...not the night show.  It's about how Phil should have gotten perfect scores  :-\.  Nothing about Dex that early in the show.  That was the driving force to unload Jay.  All of a sudden this guys are fair at the O about who truly wins the show.  Dex was in place for a one-time deal and the timing was nice.  Couldnt just give it to Phil this yr.  If Vic gets the leg straight...what the IFBB is going to do if he.. decides to get motivated (that's the key) for the next 4-5 yrs.  Man...Phil loses all his glamour sitting in 2nd and 3rd the next 4 or 5 years.  Vic got him in everything except the d##n arms of his.

Anyway...2009 should be interesting in a different way, I guess.

Freeman got f##ked, should have been in 3rd because his aged muscles and dryness vs Phil and Wolf.  And they said he was happy about his placement.  Yeah...right.   
Oh...Monica!

RC Money

• Getbig III
  • I don't knock on doors...I knock doors down.
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 09:21:14 AM »
What does Wolf have over Dex and dont say height. Look at Dex's arms delts chest lats traps and legs they outclass Wolf's, there's a reason why wolf did not beat him ;) The man in the middle would probrably school him at basketball, but then again Dexter is black...

FreedomFighter

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 09:38:38 AM »
Hmmm....  Dexter drops MD and signs with Weider, Dexter wins Olympia.  I think the message is being sent loud and clear, especially given that Dexter doesn't look any different than he did last year or the year before that.

The Olympia is all political bullshit.  The Arnold Classic should be the new "title show"... to hell with the Olympia.

i am soory but Dex improved alot...