Author Topic: P.I.P. Mass monsters 1993 - 2007  (Read 2032 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
P.I.P. Mass monsters 1993 - 2007
« on: September 28, 2008, 03:05:58 PM »
Some might debate this but I believe like Dennis James and Gustavo Badell, you will see more streamlined physiques.  The Dorian and Ronnie Era is done.
The only guys that will be 260+ on stage are tall fellas that it still looks good on.  Say bye, bye to 5'9 260 onstage or 5'10 280.  That shit is done.  Thank God!!! 

Now they need to work on the gay posing and gay thong posing trunks.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: P.I.P. Mass monsters 1993 - 2007
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 03:07:33 PM »
It's about time.  Bring on Dex and Phil and Wolf to rule the roost next year, with Phil/Wolf continuing for 5 more years.

Changing champions = Olympia has credibility again.

If dex comes in "off" next year (highly unlikely) I hope he loses the title too.

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 03:08:52 PM »
agreed.  now if they just get rid of the thongs and go back to the original posing trunks, and eliminate the gay dancing people like melvin and toney do

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 03:12:44 PM »
I think because of the credibility being somewhat restored, and the excitement for next year with Victor, Kai and Branch (I don't know where a physique like his fits in the top 10 ???) returning, ticket sales will be very high.

I think the next few years will be very open to change.  Chick needs to get on the ball and make it happen.

Keep punishing guts!!!
Standardize posing trunks.
Keep props out (Ronnie Moses :-X)
Reward great posing routines(not ass shaking)
Punish synthol, gyno and other abnormalities
Athlete health care (their gonna need it ;D)
Punish G4P or muscle worship shit BUT in doing this they must increase prize money.  Let Arnold increase prize money.
More under 202 shows
Punish those who get in trouble with the law
Increase Weider contracts
Make community service/events part of a Weider contract.

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 03:15:27 PM »
most likely 9-10th for branch.  he did look sick at this years arnold

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 03:25:02 PM »
Until Phil does a lat spread against Vic and Wolf...if they are on....and AMI judges say Phil took it because the smaller man was more cut.  BBing without Ronnie Colemans, Dorain Yates and Lee Haneys.

I'm not saying Jay shouldnt have lost.  Dont put him with the three above...but come on.  Phil "Mini Back" Wheeler.  You'll have a merry-go-round of MrO because a guy his size will have majors problems against the likes of a Vic Martinez and Den Wolf year in and out.   

2009 Dex
2010 Phil
2011 Vic
2012 Phil
2013 New Pro or Wolf
2014 Phil
2015 Shawn Ray in a return

Circus of MrOs
Oh...Monica!

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 03:41:15 PM »
Until Phil does a lat spread against Vic and Wolf...if they are on....and AMI judges say Phil took it because the smaller man was more cut.  BBing without Ronnie Colemans, Dorain Yates and Lee Haneys.

I'm not saying Jay shouldnt have lost.  Dont put him with the three above...but come on.  Phil "Mini Back" Wheeler.  You'll have a merry-go-round of MrO because a guy his size will have majors problems against the likes of a Vic Martinez and Den Wolf year in and out.   

2009 Dex
2010 Phil
2011 Vic
2012 Phil
2013 New Pro or Wolf
2014 Phil

Circus of MrOs

You have a really good point about Phil's lat spread against Vic's. 

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 03:47:55 PM »

2009 Dex
2010 Phil
2011 Vic
2012 Phil
2013 New Pro or Wolf
2014 Phil

Circus of MrOs

What happened to the days where size was only added when symmetry, proportion, separation, and flow wasn't affected.  That's what got us into this mess. 
So Vic and Wolf beats him in one pose, there are seven other poses and other things to consider in a bodybuilding show.  It should be the most complete bodybuilder FIRST.  Size SECOND.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 05:31:56 PM »
The Mr. Olympia should not weigh much more than 240 lbs. I dont speak much on bodybuilding but this is one statement I stand behind.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 06:46:43 AM »
What happened to the days where size was only added when symmetry, proportion, separation, and flow wasn't affected.  That's what got us into this mess. 
So Vic and Wolf beats him in one pose, there are seven other poses and other things to consider in a bodybuilding show.  It should be the most complete bodybuilder FIRST.  Size SECOND.

Outside of those arms and hype where does Phil really dominate Wolf?  Wolf messing with different guru jack him up in 08 vs 07.  07 version probably knocks Phil to 4th.  I'll pass on Vic because he has to get by Dex first.   Phil is good but too narrow.  Looks like Dennis James in all those stand alone shots...but looks out-of-balance (chest ratio to shoulders and arms, and a back lat spread weaker than Flex Wheeler) in a top 6 lineup with a couple of wide guys.  I listed more than one when I compare him to the other two guns.  AMI is corporate American where as the old Weiders were business but enjoyed their bbing...given Joe had sooooo many guys under contract.  AMI puts a guy there that sells the product and image they are looking for.  Anybody can see Phil is being groomed for this thing.  I could be wrong.  09 looks like Vic and Dex.  It will be amazing if Dex takes Vic with a history losing history against him which is the stepping stone for Phil in 2010 which I think is more his time frame than 09.   
Oh...Monica!

spinnis

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 06:49:38 AM »
Bring back these posing trunks.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 06:54:45 AM »
I think because of the credibility being somewhat restored, and the excitement for next year with Victor, Kai and Branch (I don't know where a physique like his fits in the top 10 ???) returning, ticket sales will be very high.

I think the next few years will be very open to change.  Chick needs to get on the ball and make it happen.

Keep punishing guts!!!
Standardize posing trunks.
Keep props out (Ronnie Moses :-X)
Reward great posing routines(not ass shaking)
Punish synthol, gyno and other abnormalities
Athlete health care (their gonna need it ;D)
Punish G4P or muscle worship shit BUT in doing this they must increase prize money.  Let Arnold increase prize money.
More under 202 shows
Punish those who get in trouble with the law
Increase Weider contracts
Make community service/events part of a Weider contract.
If only there was a way to link these two.  ;)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 07:33:27 AM »
Some might debate this but I believe like Dennis James and Gustavo Badell, you will see more streamlined physiques.  The Dorian and Ronnie Era is done.
The only guys that will be 260+ on stage are tall fellas that it still looks good on.  Say bye, bye to 5'9 260 onstage or 5'10 280.  That shit is done.  Thank God!!! 

Now they need to work on the gay posing and gay thong posing trunks.

+1

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 08:04:09 AM »
and throw out the gay negroes with earrings

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 08:32:41 AM »
Bring back these posing trunks.

fuck off back to MD twink.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 08:33:34 AM »
We have tons of artistic physics in the amateur lanks.
What we search for pros are the mass monsters. So, without mass monsters,thats a amateur league.

RC Money

• Getbig III
  • I don't knock on doors...I knock doors down.
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 08:44:02 AM »
Although it was my favorite era of bb, now that the days of the days of the dominat mass monsters such Yates Ronnie and Jay(to some extent) they can start changing bb for more mass appeal with different champs when deserved. I must admit that I did not mind when the above guys got gifts cause even if they were off they were just too developed to loose to their contemporaries and now that none of the guys have that quality they can start judging without bias. However if Victor nails it year after year, he is one man I feel is head and shoulders above the other competitors now days, he is mass with class and Victor never does those gay dancing routines.