Author Topic: Do Vegans and Vegetarians disgust you? They sure disgust me...  (Read 8977 times)

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
Re: Do Vegans and Vegetarians disgust you? They sure disgust me...
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2008, 08:59:28 PM »
"The Vegetarian Bodybuilder"

Bill Pearl

Never heard of a famous vegetarian bodybuilder? Bill Pearl is probably the most well-known of vegetarian bodybuilders. At his own peak as a bodybuilder when he last won the Mr. Universe in 1971, Bill weighed 242 pounds at a height of 5'10" and his arms measured 21 inches! Bill stopped using steroids by 1961.

He won the professional Mr. Universe title in 1971, at the age of 41, without the use of steroids and as a vegetarian, and is recognized as one of the all-time greats of bodybuilding. Bill's diet is lacto-ovo vegetarian, which means he eats eggs and dairy products.
He describes his experiences with the conversion to vegetarianism. "With each succeeding year the diet (lacto-ovo vegetarian), I've felt better. I'm more healthy, I can train with more energy, and I'm not as much of a "hard guy" as I used to be. I've become more concerned with my fellow man and the other inhabitants I share the planet with. …I have now been vegetarian for almost 20 years. We have no fish, fowl, or red meat in our diet. Yet I can still carry the same amount of muscle as I did in winning my four Mr. Universe titles. People can't believe it. They think that to have big muscles you have to eat meat - it's a persistent and recurring myth. But take it from me, there's nothing magic about eating meat that's going to make you a champion bodybuilder. Anything you can find in a piece of meat, you can find in other foods as well."

;D ;D ;D

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2008, 09:06:26 PM »
Every vegan I've known and I've known a few... all had yellow teeth, bad BO, wore dirty clothes and couldn't run a mile if Bigfoot were chasing them. They also thought big muscles were useless and against natures design.

I killed them all.
a

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2008, 09:13:17 PM »
Every vegan I've known and I've known a few... all had yellow teeth, bad BO, wore dirty clothes and couldn't run a mile if Bigfoot were chasing them. They also thought big muscles were useless and against natures design.

I killed them all.

LOL good shit.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2008, 10:17:11 PM »
Eating meat is a part of being human. It's how we evolved to have large brains and thinking power.

Fuck vegans they go against natural selection.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2008, 05:09:33 AM »
"The Vegetarian Bodybuilder"

Bill Pearl

Never heard of a famous vegetarian bodybuilder? Bill Pearl is probably the most well-known of vegetarian bodybuilders. At his own peak as a bodybuilder when he last won the Mr. Universe in 1971, Bill weighed 242 pounds at a height of 5'10" and his arms measured 21 inches! Bill stopped using steroids by 1961.

He won the professional Mr. Universe title in 1971, at the age of 41, without the use of steroids and as a vegetarian, and is recognized as one of the all-time greats of bodybuilding. Bill's diet is lacto-ovo vegetarian, which means he eats eggs and dairy products.
He describes his experiences with the conversion to vegetarianism. "With each succeeding year the diet (lacto-ovo vegetarian), I've felt better. I'm more healthy, I can train with more energy, and I'm not as much of a "hard guy" as I used to be. I've become more concerned with my fellow man and the other inhabitants I share the planet with. …I have now been vegetarian for almost 20 years. We have no fish, fowl, or red meat in our diet. Yet I can still carry the same amount of muscle as I did in winning my four Mr. Universe titles. People can't believe it. They think that to have big muscles you have to eat meat - it's a persistent and recurring myth. But take it from me, there's nothing magic about eating meat that's going to make you a champion bodybuilder. Anything you can find in a piece of meat, you can find in other foods as well."

;D ;D ;D

Roy Hilligenn was also a vegetarian, though I’m not sure if he was a vegan. From what I read about him in MuscleMag, he lets his fellow bodybuilders and critics have it, when they got on his case for not eating meat. Hiligen say that he was just as strong as, if not stronger than, they were.

gcb, there's a difference between eating meat and eating nothing but meat. If someone's got ulcerative colitis or treacherous bowels then yes, they should limit or even completely avoid red meat. But for people that are healthy, active and have no serious medical concerns they should educate themselves to great depths before making such a drastic decision. Despite what hippies ramble about such as eating different foods to make complete proteins, and only eating twigs and bark mulch, it's just wishful thinking. They can have their rabbit food and kumbayas, and I'll have my delicious, nutritious animal flesh.

Not all vegans are hippies. As you stated, for health reasons, many people dropped their red meat consumption. Usually, it's a gradual transition. They go from being meat-eaters to vegetarians. Later, they go from being vegetarians to vegans.

As long as your body gets the amino acids it needs (in both quality and quantity) you will get bigger and stronger. The problem is that most people don’t know how to balance their diet. Yes, you have to know which veggie/veggie-grain combos make complete proteins. And, you have down enough of that to meet your needs.

The reason some vegans looks so gangly is because they think that they’re eating right, simply by avoiding the consumption of meat or any other animal products. Just because you don’t eat mean doesn’t mean you’re eating healthy.

This is especially true, as it relates to getting enough B-12. Unless you eat organic veggies (and even that may not be enough, especially given the price), you MUST take B-12 supplements. You won’t get it from your standard veggies or grains, because the way those foods are processed, prior to going to market, kills the bacteria that makes this critical nutrient. Animals don’t eat processed veggies or grass, which is why their flesh is loaded with B-12.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2008, 06:58:44 AM »
Discuss...

Try this: Hang upside down and make cut at lowest point possible. Bleed dry. Then, soak meat in an ice chest a few days to draw out the rest. This also ages the meat before freezing.

Ever try vegan jerky?

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2008, 07:40:31 AM »
1) Veganism is a diet and lifestyle that seeks to exclude the use of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose. Strict veganism also excludes the use of animal products such as wool, silk, leather, and fur for attire and adornment, even though some of these do not directly involve the death or slaughter of an animal.

2) Vegetarianism is the practice of a diet that excludes meat, fish and poultry.

3) Lacto-vegetarianism includes dairy products but excludes eggs.

4) Ovo-vegetarianism includes eggs but not dairy.

5) Lacto-ovo-vegetarianism includes both eggs and dairy products.

hippies.......

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2008, 07:42:13 AM »
I just changed teh proportions of my diet to be much more vegan and less omni.  Still raw of course.  It's goin well so far.

PTB

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2008, 08:21:00 AM »
They don't disgust me, but PETA members do.

Possibly coming to your shelves soon, ice cream made with breast milk:  :P

http://www.wptz.com/news/17539127/detail.html

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2008, 08:21:32 AM »
while were on the subject of vegetarians and hippies....

i think white people with dreadlocks should be shot on site...

anyone else with the movement?

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2008, 08:37:20 AM »
I eat meat - I just don't overdo it - my dad got bowel cancer and he was a steak man every night.

was steak the only thing he ever ate ? if not your reasoning is flawed.
175lbs by 31st July

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2008, 08:47:19 AM »
No.  They taste fine to me.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2008, 11:26:15 PM »
was steak the only thing he ever ate ? if not your reasoning is flawed.

he ate predominately steak - ham and salami for lunch - a lot of meat basically.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2008, 01:41:34 AM »
Eating meat is a part of being human. It's how we evolved to have large brains and thinking power.

Fuck vegans they go against natural selection.

Maybe to reach a higher evolutionary state now that our brains have grown through meat eating we now have to take it away...It happens with just about everything else that we create...Although something tells me that you won't ever believe that until we can create a totally different wheel...

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2008, 02:08:58 AM »
And how are they doing that? Are they raiding your house in the middle of the night and running off with your steaks?   ;D

Haha, funny thing is, there has been a time when the most valuable thing in my apartment was the content of my freezer. 70lbs of Argentine tenderloin, bought in bulk, prepared and marinated by myself. I had like a pound a day. :D

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2008, 02:52:20 AM »
Maybe to reach a higher evolutionary state now that our brains have grown through meat eating we now have to take it away...It happens with just about everything else that we create...Although something tells me that you won't ever believe that until we can create a totally different wheel...

True, eating meat lowers your vibration frequency.  But atm I love eating meat too much.

Do you get enough protein with your vegan diet?  Or are you not focusing much on bbing lately?

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2008, 02:54:38 AM »

whoops, confused you with Swedish viking. regarding my previous post.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2008, 03:00:21 AM »
haha yeah if you vegan guys hated meat so much then why do you try so hard to fit in by buying meat substitute products..

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2008, 09:30:22 AM »
Haha, funny thing is, there has been a time when the most valuable thing in my apartment was the content of my freezer. 70lbs of Argentine tenderloin, bought in bulk, prepared and marinated by myself. I had like a pound a day. :D

Ah...the joys of stability.
I hate the State.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2008, 09:50:17 AM »
haha yeah if you vegan #### hated meat so much then why do you try so hard to fit in by buying meat substitute products..

hahahaha so true
175lbs by 31st July

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2008, 10:18:49 AM »
hahahaha so true

Mmmhh....about to eat salmon filets... :)
I hate the State.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2008, 10:40:21 AM »
Mmmhh....about to eat salmon filets... :)
:-X i hate salmon
175lbs by 31st July

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I hate the State.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2008, 10:50:09 AM »
How can anyone not like meat?  I don't trust someone that doesn't eat meat...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2008, 10:51:00 AM »
How can anyone not like meat?  I don't trust someone that doesn't eat meat...

That is fucking gorgeous... :o
I hate the State.