Author Topic: Do Vegans and Vegetarians disgust you? They sure disgust me...  (Read 8970 times)

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
Re: Do Vegans and Vegetarians disgust you? They sure disgust me...
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2008, 10:53:53 AM »
I'm making myself really hungry...

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2008, 10:57:25 AM »
Vegans all think they are self righteous, it annoys the living hell out of me.  They harp on me for eating meat, so I've done like maddox and told them for every animal they don't eat, I will eat three.

dustin

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2008, 10:58:59 AM »
How can anyone not like meat?  I don't trust someone that doesn't eat meat...

Jesus... and I'm sitting here sipping on a protein shake. I want a god damn steak, god dammit!! :P

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
175lbs by 31st July

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2008, 11:17:49 AM »
No they don't disgust me. Secondly they eat egg and milk which is a great source of protein so it's not that hard to achieve a great muscled physique with that.

Try vegan diet + bodybuilding if you want a challenge.

I would like to be vegan but feel much better and do much better on a diet with animal protein.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2008, 11:39:18 AM »
No they don't disgust me. Secondly they eat egg and milk which is a great source of protein so it's not that hard to achieve a great muscled physique with that.

I would like to be vegan but feel much better and do much better on a diet with animal protein.

We were meant to eat meat.
I hate the State.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2008, 12:37:00 PM »
True, eating meat lowers your vibration frequency.  But atm I love eating meat too much.

Do you get enough protein with your vegan diet?  Or are you not focusing much on bbing lately?

You said you were referring to me...I'm not a vegan.  I just changed my proportions around a bit so the diet is more vegetation than animal matter right now.  Not really focusing on bbing at the moment, got to get the health to 100% inspiringly good.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2008, 06:36:14 AM »
Jesus... and I'm sitting here sipping on a protein shake. I want a god damn steak, god dammit!! :P

thats one well cooked steak..

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2008, 07:40:10 AM »
Vegans all think they are self righteous, it annoys the living hell out of me.  They harp on me for eating meat, so I've done like maddox and told them for every animal they don't eat, I will eat three.

You're using an awfully broad brush to paint all vegans. I have friends who are vegans, and their reason for switching their diet usually has more to do with health, especially if they have kids who are allergic to dairy products. Granted, I've met a couple of people who were a bit snooty with it. For example, my wife has some guests over for lunch. She knew they were vegetarians but didn't know they'd gone full vegan. She went out of her way to make a great meal, only to have our guests ungratefully turn down many of the items, particularly the bread products, because they were made with either milk or eggs).

But, those are few and far in between. Most are just regular folks, who for the most part, are pleasant and polite people.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2008, 07:46:59 AM »

The challenge with a vegan diet is three-fold.

1)Getting the quantity of protein needed for growth. Eating lots of veggies and grains likely includes a high intake of fiber, which can curb your   appetite.

2)   Knowing which veggies to combine with what grains or other veggies to get
      complete proteins.

3)    Getting sufficient B-12, either from eating organic veggies (not canned, frozen, or
      “fresh” ones, covered in wax or sprayed in pesticides), or using B-12 
       supplements.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2008, 07:59:40 AM »
Discuss...

Disgust, no, annoy, some times. If a person chooses not to eat meat for personal/ethical/religious reasons, that's fine with me. It's the vegetarians that are sanctimonious and start spouting off about things like "humans were not meant to eat meat" and other easy to disprove vegetarian mythology when I get annoyed. My favorite vegetarians are the ones who "only eat chicken and fish." News flash, you are not a vegetarian.... ::) :P ::)

Another annoyance: if vegetarians dislike meat, why are the majority of foods sold to them all designed to look like and taste like meat: vege burgers, vege hot dogs, and even vege products shaped like animals??!! Vege tofu turkey anyone????!!!

Seems to me there are a whole bunch of vegetarians out there who miss meat, or such products would not sell as well as they do!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2008, 10:12:20 AM »
Disgust, no, annoy, some times. If a person chooses not to eat meat for personal/ethical/religious reasons, that's fine with me. It's the vegetarians that are sanctimonious and start spouting off about things like "humans were not meant to eat meat" and other easy to disprove vegetarian mythology when I get annoyed. My favorite vegetarians are the ones who "only eat chicken and fish." News flash, you are not a vegetarian.... ::) :P ::)

Another annoyance: if vegetarians dislike meat, why are the majority of foods sold to them all designed to look like and taste like meat: vege burgers, vege hot dogs, and even vege products shaped like animals??!! Vege tofu turkey anyone????!!!

Seems to me there are a whole bunch of vegetarians out there who miss meat, or such products would not sell as well as they do!

Meat doesn't really taste that good, unless it's seasoned properly. And most of these "un-meat" products (as I like to call them) are loaded with salt. They have to be; otherwise, they taste TERRIBLE. Get some flavorless tofu and eat it. Now, try some dry UNSEASONED chicken (no salt, no pepper, no herbs, NOTHING). Both will be murder on the taste buds.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2008, 10:23:26 AM »
Meat doesn't really taste that good, unless it's seasoned properly.

That would be quite false and you should not be speaking for meat eaters. I need no seasoning on some meats.

And most of these "un-meat" products (as I like to call them) are loaded with salt. They have to be; otherwise, they taste TERRIBLE.

That I can believe!

Get some flavorless tofu and eat it. Now, try some dry UNSEASONED chicken (no salt, no pepper, no herbs, NOTHING). Both will be murder on the taste buds.

Now tofu is truly a food that needs seasoning to be worth eating. I have eaten plenty of unseasoned baked chicken, and although boring, tastes perfectly fine. I will take the chicken over the tofu any day with or without the seasoning!

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2008, 10:30:26 AM »
Discuss...

PS, the title and topic of this thread encouraged me to do a blog  post on the topic:

http://www.brinkzone.com/blog/brinkisms/do-vegetarians-disgust-you/#more-436

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2008, 10:41:29 AM »
That would be quite false and you should not be speaking for meat eaters. I need no seasoning on some meats.

I can speak for at least one meat-eater.....ME!!! That's why I made the statement. And, the key word you mentioned yourself was some meats, which further validates what I said earlier.

That I can believe!

Now tofu is truly a food that needs seasoning to be worth eating. I have eaten plenty of unseasoned baked chicken, and although boring, tastes perfectly fine. I will take the chicken over the tofu any day with or without the seasoning!

I've had both and neither is all that appealing to me. It's edible, but I'd get more flavor from my shoes.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2008, 10:55:15 AM »
I can speak for at least one meat-eater.....

Exactly. Nuff said.  :o

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2008, 11:07:41 AM »

If you have pre-existing liver or cholestrol problems, then saturated fat and meat proteins should be avoided to some extent.  But other wise cutting out meat for health makes no sense...it displays a lack of nutritional knowledge. For health meats are key ("ESSENTIAL amino acids"). Cutting down on saturated fat intake from grain fed animals does make sense, and so does buying grass-fed free-range animals, but most cuts of meat are relatively low in fat anyways.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2008, 03:03:48 PM »

will do you think its possible for someone to achieve top 3 mr olympia like muscle mass while being a vegetarian?
175lbs by 31st July

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2008, 03:07:41 PM »

Will,

What happend to your column in MuscleMag? If you are no longer working with them, will you be resurfacing elsewhere?

Thanks,

M!

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2008, 03:21:57 PM »
will do you think its possible for someone to achieve top 3 mr olympia like muscle mass while being a vegetarian?

I don't think it's possible to even be on the Olympia stage today as a vegetarian, much less the top 3. Sorry, but that's my opinion. It's not a slam to vegetarians per se, but what I see as physiological reality.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2008, 03:29:58 PM »
I don't think it's possible to even be on the Olympia stage today as a vegetarian, much less the top 3. Sorry, but that's my opinion. It's not a slam to vegetarians per se, but what I see as physiological reality.
i agree, although i didn't think a vegetarian could achieve bill pearl like mass either.

morally i agree with being a vegetarian, but biologically it seems meat is simply too healthy/nurtitious/tasty to give up.
175lbs by 31st July

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2008, 03:32:39 PM »
Will,

What happend to your column in MuscleMag?

That's no longer. Pretty much ran its course and after 10 years, didn't have much to say had not already said. Besides, I hit more people on my mailing list then they do in their monthly publication, so it makes more sense for me to write for my own stuff... ;D

If you are no longer working with them, will you be resurfacing elsewhere?

Yes, on my site (www.BrinkZone.com) and others, and new blog, which has added almost 4000 people in a month. I pop up here all the time also and try at least to get out good info where I can. I have no issues writing for the mags per se, but I have a bit of a "been there done that" attitude toward it these days, and the 'net is where it's at for reaching large numbers of people quickly

The mags have to do what they have to do to stay in business, but it's hard on readers no doubt the amount of ads, etc.

Thanks

M!

Thanx for asking!

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2008, 03:44:15 PM »
i agree, although i didn't think a vegetarian could achieve bill pearl like mass either.

He built his mass before he was a vegetarian, and by today's standards, his entire body was about the size of Cutler's leg.  ;D

morally i agree with being a vegetarian, but biologically it seems meat is simply too healthy/nurtitious/tasty to give up.

Humans are omnivores period. Morality is a human concept. I'm fine if people are vegetarians due to their personal moral/ethical beliefs as mentioned in my blog, but they should not impose their morality on those of us who like it dead, red, and corn fed.  ;D

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2008, 03:56:37 PM »
He built his mass before he was a vegetarian, and by today's standards, his entire body was about the size of Cutler's leg.  ;D

Humans are omnivores period. Morality is a human concept. I'm fine if people are vegetarians due to their personal moral/ethical beliefs as mentioned in my blog, but they should not impose their morality on those of us who like it dead, red, and corn fed.  ;D

a truer sentence has never been written.  8)
175lbs by 31st July

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2008, 04:05:13 PM »
a truer sentence has never been written.  8)

I dig truth.  ;)