Author Topic: Clen and T3 Stack? Please Advise...  (Read 20182 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Clen and T3 Stack? Please Advise...
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2008, 09:19:59 AM »
Overkill.
Not at all.

General recommendation for protein intake is about 1.5 g per lb bodyweight. When dieting, it goes up to 2g per lb. On t3, since your rate of protein turnover increases with the rest of your metabolism, you'll need to increase the protein even further (just to avoid muscle loss).

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2008, 09:21:08 AM »
Not at all.

General reccomendation for protein itake is about 1.5 g per lb bodyweight. When dieting, it goes up to 2g per lb. On t3, since your rate of protein turnover increases with the rest of your metabolism, youll need to increase the protien even further (just to avoid muscle loss).

IMO - 400 grams of protein is overkill.

I've done that & more before & it wasn't fun. I felt horrible & bloated all the time.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2008, 09:25:24 AM »
Well lets say you eat 6 meals per day. 400/6 = 66.66 g per meal. Wich is about 12 ounces meat. if all your eating is meat + veggies +fishoil/eveingin primrose caps... youll be full but it wont be too much. and on t3 you def need extra protein.

( you could even reduce that to 350 g total meat, and take in 50 g whey isolate pre workout...which would be more beneficial than spreading out those 50 grams over the 6 meals.)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2008, 10:41:42 AM »
Taylor, nothing personal but you're impossible to have any real/quality discussions &/or disagreements with. Because anyone who doesn't agree with what you say, has done something different & gotten good results, &/or has real practical experience (not just reading countless articles) is automatically wrong in your book & not even worthing discussing - or you go off the deep end on them. In a nutshell you're incredibly close minded.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2008, 11:00:34 AM »
ahhh fuck it. i wrote a big reply.

never mind

think what you wish

i have no interest in seeing you prosper

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2008, 11:13:31 AM »
I didnt advocate adding in any sugar, except maybe to drink while he is working out. On t3 your going to be burnign through a shit load of energy, and probably a whole lot of amino acids(muscle tissue) while working out. the sugar would prevent this from occuring.
Sugar does not prevent burning through muscle tissue. Drinking sugar while you workout will not protect your amino acids

Being flat DOES matter. the longer you are depleted and the flatter you are, the more likely you are to release cortisol and to become catabolic.
Being flat has nothing to do with the actual amount of muscle tissue you still have. When you're full, you're full simply because your muscles are full of glycogen. Being flat does not create a negative hormone release.

also, you need glycogen to lift weights without eaing muscle. and you also needs carbs and glycogen in your system to be able to metabolize fat.
You're right, you need a certain amount of glycogen to be able to train. To get through a 1hour weight lifting session, you only need approximately 50g of carbs in your system. If you are eating a very low carb diet, not zero carbs but very low carb and if you have one meal a wk that is a refeed or cheat meal, you will have plenty of glycogen in your system to train. True, you may not be able to lift with the amount of energy you would have if you weren't dieting, but if you are dieting this is just the way it is...dieting is hard.

No. whether or not your body uses fats for fuel is based on the availability of carbohydrates, NOT THE PRESENCE OF DIETARY FAT. when carbs get low, you use fat. automatically. your body has regulatory hormones that make it work this way.
Carbs and fats are both energy sources. Carbohydrates are always picked by the body first to burn for energy. The body naturally wants to store fats when carbohydrates are abundant for energy. When the body is used to burning carbs for energy, it will always convert muscle tissue into glycogen when outside glycogen is absent; this is how the human body works; it doesn't matter if you don't want it to work that way, it's simply how the body works. Now, even though it works this way, it doesn't mean you cannot change it; homeostasis is beatable. If excess glycogen is taken away, initially the body will start converting muscle tissue for glycogen, but if dietary fat stores are built up, if enough keytones are built up in the system, naturaly, the body will begin relying on those keytone bodies for fuel keytones = fats. Relying on fats for fuel = relying on more stored bodyfat when the stored dietary fat is burned.

certain essential fats are important. omega 3 omega 6 and to a very small extent omega 9.  supplementing with fish oils and evening primorose oils will boost fat metabolism and overall BMR (and aid in protein synthesis), butadding in other sources of dietary fat will not be of any benefit to fat loss goals

Well if providing an adequate slow burning fuel source won't aid in fat loss then nothing will. Yes, if you diet like I recommend, like any diet it will be tough, you will not have as much energy as if you weren't dieting. But on a diet where fats are in place in a positive way, you will not have energy ups and downs, if you do it right you will remain in a good steady state of energy levels. There will be no blood sugar crashes, there should be no dizziness, or that worn out feeling that you get when you diet on a very low fat diet.

Generally it takes about a wk for the body to adjust to this type of dieting. The first 4-7 days can be pretty tough, but if you can make it through that, it will be more then worth it.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2008, 11:16:45 AM »
No, having discussions with me is more than possible. You just have to be able to respect me. Because I don't take a tone of "student" with you, and because your 'older' than I am, you automatically find what I have to say as irritating, annoying, "know-it-all"ish, and you don't want to hear it. I have dealt with people like you all my life. People who can not stand a person who is younger than them but is on the same intellectual playing field, and knows it.

Heres a tip, forget you know who I am, read what i have to say, try my suggestions, and evaluate an opinion on my ideas based on how effective they are.

I'm sure once you do that you'll see me in a whole new light.

Oh and spelling and gramatical errors on a message board shows nothing except a lack of care for precision.

Taylor, I think you again miss the point. I could care less if you think of me as a teacher, jedi master, friend, or whatever. It doesn't matter to me - I'm a moderator on a board trying to maintain some order (when I can). I also could care less if you're older, younger, same age, smarter, dumber, equal. It (again) doesn't matter to me (unlike a lot of people I have some humility). I'm not intimidated or threatened by someone younger, faster, stronger, etc (if I would I probably would've married some mail order bride that can barely speak English & is completely submissive, instead I got a really smart, strong, & independent women). As for your posts I'll read what you say - if I disagree I'll say so, if I think something should be modified I'll say so, & if you're right I'll also say so. I think it's your attitude has turned others away & therefor they ignore what you say. (again) I don't mean this as an insult but you tend to overreact when someone disagrees with you, just part of your personality - it is what it is.

If you'll remember in the beginning I tried to help you - you can't deny that.

I was only razzing you because I kept getting PMs saying this "tbombz" was you even though I had that feeling already (other then you overreacting & sometimes being a little immature I don't have anything against you). I still don't understand why you changed your name. Why couldn't you have just chilled out? & don't blame other people - you can't control their reactions only your own.

As for the spelling & grammar - USE SPELL CHECK BITCH...English Major here dude.  ;)

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2008, 11:31:25 AM »
Taylor, I think you again miss the point. I could care less if you think of me as a teacher, jedi master, friend, or whatever. It doesn't matter to me - I'm a moderator on a board trying to maintain some order (when I can). I also could care less if you're older, younger, same age, smarter, dumber, equal. It (again) doesn't matter to me (unlike a lot of people I have some humility). I'm not intimidated or threatened by someone younger, faster, stronger, etc (if I would I probably would've married some mail order bride that can barely speak English & is completely submissive, instead I got a really smart, strong, & independent women). As for your posts I'll read what you say - if I disagree I'll say so, if I think something should be modified I'll say so, & if you're right I'll also say so. I think it's your attitude has turned others away & therefor they ignore what you say. (again) I don't mean this as an insult but you tend to overreact when someone disagrees with you, just part of your personality - it is what it is.

If you'll remember in the beginning I tried to help you - you can't deny that.

I was only razzing you because I kept getting PMs saying this "tbombz" was you even though I had that feeling already (other then you overreacting & sometimes being a little immature I don't have anything against you). I still don't understand why you changed your name. Why couldn't you have just chilled out? & don't blame other people - you can't control their reactions only your own.

As for the spelling & grammar - USE SPELL CHECK BITCH...English Major here dude.  ;)

Great post

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2008, 11:35:32 AM »
ahhh fuck it. i wrote a big reply.

never mind

think what you wish

i have no interest in seeing you prosper

That's ok I quoted it for posterity. Damn...well unlike you towards me I don't wish you any ill will. In fact I hope you're successful at your goal to be a bodybuilder. I'll also extend the same invite to you that I've extended to others here - if you ever make your way to Michigan look me up. I'll be more then happy to train or get a beer with you.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2008, 11:41:48 AM »
Sugar does not prevent burning through muscle tissue. Drinking sugar while you workout will not protect your amino acids
absoltuely YES sugar will prevent using amino acids. this is fact.

Being flat has nothing to do with the actual amount of muscle tissue you still have. When you're full, you're full simply because your muscles are full of glycogen. Being flat does not create a negative hormone release.
You're right, you need a certain amount of glycogen to be able to train. To get through a 1hour weight lifting session, you only need approximately 50g of carbs in your system. If you are eating a very low carb diet, not zero carbs but very low carb and if you have one meal a wk that is a refeed or cheat meal, you will have plenty of glycogen in your system to train. True, you may not be able to lift with the amount of energy you would have if you weren't dieting, but if you are dieting this is just the way it is...dieting is hard.
Okay this is where dave palumbo is totally wrong. you will not have 50g stored glycogen by eating 50g carbs from veggies. those will al get used by the body long before they are stored as glycogen - and even if they did make it into muscle cell it would rapidly be used as energy. and you need more than 50g to train effectively anyway.

Carbs and fats are both energy sources. Carbohydrates are always picked by the body first to burn for energy. The body naturally wants to store fats when carbohydrates are abundant for energy. When the body is used to burning carbs for energy, it will always convert muscle tissue into glycogen when outside glycogen is absent; this is how the human body works; it doesn't matter if you don't want it to work that way, it's simply how the body works. Now, even though it works this way, it doesn't mean you cannot change it; homeostasis is beatable. If excess glycogen is taken away, initially the body will start converting muscle tissue for glycogen, but if dietary fat stores are built up, if enough keytones are built up in the system, naturaly, the body will begin relying on those keytone bodies for fuel keytones = fats. Relying on fats for fuel = relying on more stored bodyfat when the stored dietary fat is burned.

this is also flawed. Your body does not convert amino acids into glycogen. doesnt happen. your body will convert amino avcids into glucose when it needs glucose...throughout the day it will do so minimaly and while your trianing it will do so rapidly.  ketones are a by product of fat metabolism. fat metabolism occurs with a lack of carbohydrates. NOT BY  THE PRESENCE OF DIETARY FAT. cut carbs - ketones will come.  but fats can only be used by certain tissues for certain things. you still ALWAYS have a base glucose deman...regardless of how long youve been on zero carbs. and when your trainign, you ALWAYS have to use glucose for fuel.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2008, 11:44:10 AM »

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2008, 11:46:27 AM »

Yeah OKAY, like you would ever call me a Bitch to my face.  You wouldnt even say what you thought about me untill you thought i wasnt reading the board anymore.  ;D

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2008, 11:48:27 AM »
Yeah OKAY, like you would ever call me a Bitch to my face.  You wouldnt even say what you thought about me untill you thought i wasnt reading the board anymore.  ;D
Why not post under your old handle?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2008, 11:53:08 AM »

What reason would I have to call you a bitch to your face? If I fuck with you a little (or a lot for that matter) it means I like you. Come on...did you really think I thought you would stop reading the board? You're a fucking junkie for getbig like the rest of us. Just settle down...which is what I've tried to drill into your head all along.

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2008, 12:51:32 PM »
Go away Taylor.  You pollute the board.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2008, 01:50:28 PM »
Okay this is where dave palumbo is totally wrong. you will not have 50g stored glycogen by eating 50g carbs from veggies. those will al get used by the body long before they are stored as glycogen - and even if they did make it into muscle cell it would rapidly be used as energy. and you need more than 50g to train effectively anyway.

Tell that to the thousands who see results and diet this way. You can argue all you want, but you can't argue with actual real life proof. Real life application wins every time.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2008, 01:53:46 PM »
Tell that to the thousands who see results and diet this way. You can argue all you want, but you can't argue with actual real life proof. Real life application wins every time.
The problem with his theories is they are all based on facts/theories - over thinking and too much of "this should happen because of x" The real world is different and everybody is different. Palumbo knows his shit from real world practice

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2008, 02:30:19 PM »
arnoldjr-
 Of course they see results. Caloric deficit with high protein intake and weight training + cardio = guaranteed results. that doesn't mean it cant be improved upon.

if real life application wins every time then the guys who are the most shredded are who we should follow. now who is the most shredded when it comes to show time? certainly not palumbo's guys.

look at the past and who comes in the most dialed.. most of those guys diet low fat, moderate carb, high protein.  FACT.

ABC123-
now that you know who i am you hate, but before when you didnt it was all good. still mad because i deleted my post about serms/ai's and effecting the conversion of gh into igf-1 after you questioned my reply?    whats funy about you is one week you are asking beginner questions and the next week you are telling us iin depth details about your slin/gh/t3/test +diet +training protocols. novice to guru overnight?

RimbaUD- mAYBE I MISREAD YOU. Dont know.

Donny- Hi alex23.  :)

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2008, 02:34:04 PM »
arnoldjr-
 Of course they see results. Caloric deficit with high protein intake and weight training + cardio = guaranteed results. that doesn't mean it cant be improved upon.

if real life application wins every time then the guys who are the most shredded are who we should follow. now who is the most shredded when it comes to show time? certainly not palumbo's guys.

look at the past and who comes in the most dialed.. most of those guys diet low fat, moderate carb, high protein.  FACT.

ABC123-
now that you know who i am you hate, but before when you didnt it was all good. still mad because i deleted my post about serms/ai's and effecting the conversion of gh into igf-1 after you questioned my reply?    whats funy about you is one week you are asking beginner questions and the next week you are telling us iin depth details about your slin/gh/t3/test +diet +training protocols. novice to guru overnight?

RimbaUD- mAYBE I MISREAD YOU. Dont know.

Donny- Hi alex23.  :)

Candidizzle - you really think Im Alex23? Go back to posting under your real user name.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2008, 02:36:42 PM »
nah. in fact i might just have too delete this fucking internet entirely. im addicted. lol. i dont want my face or name to be heard or seen by any body in the entire industry. not for a while .

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2008, 03:15:46 PM »
nah. in fact i might just have too delete this fucking internet entirely. im addicted. lol. i dont want my face or name to be heard or seen by any body in the entire industry. not for a while .

But you are very obvious. All someone has to do is say "Fish oils make you fat" and you will come running. Get your ISP to block GetBig and all the other forums and you will be set in a few years time.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2008, 04:40:43 PM »

Why the "tough guy" routine?

Rimbaud - Maybe I misread you. I Don't know.

Fixed.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2008, 04:44:10 PM »
Go away Taylor.  You pollute the board.

Actually he could be a fine member of the board. The problem is so much shit around him was stirred up on the G&O board that followed him here. Part of it was his fault & part of it was others. If he could've just chilled & ignored what people say...things would've mellowed out & all would be well.

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2008, 10:33:28 PM »
Actually he could be a fine member of the board. The problem is so much shit around him was stirred up on the G&O board that followed him here. Part of it was his fault & part of it was others. If he could've just chilled & ignored what people say...things would've mellowed out & all would be well.

You are exactly right.  I just wanted to see if he had learned not to respond to attacks.  Learning to ignore people and take the high road would go a long way toward developing maturity.

Taylor, I was just screwing around with you.  Did it ever occur to you that some people on the board might use these substances based on what they were taught, and might be pretty knowledgable based on practical use over the years, but might not have a complete understanding of the science behind the drugs? 

Just so you will know, I was doing cycles before you were born and have probably done at least one for every year you have been alive.  But, I'll admit that I still have a lot to learn about exactly how they work.  I haven't always used them properly.

What you describe as beginner questions I often ask to learn the details, even though I already have a pretty good idea how to use the drugs properly.  I like to compare notes with the more experienced guys on the board.  For example, I have used T3 a million times, but I still ask Arnold and the other guys how to use it.

Unlike you, I don't know everything and I know it.  I think it's annoying, but slightly funny that you are arguing with Arnold about diet.  Do you really think you know more than he does?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2008, 02:19:03 AM »
arnoldjr-
You're right, things can be improved upon. The dieting you speak of works, I cannot argue that. It's worked for a lot of guys for years. But that doesn't mean it's the only way to do things; and it certainly doesn't mean it's the best. Just because people have been doing something one way for a long times doesn't make it best.

The way I advise on diets is very similar to what Dave says. Completely a mirror image? Sometimes but not all the time; there are certain things that I will change when it comes to certain clients; like always said, everyone is different but in general the base rules always apply.

Now, as far as Dave's guys coming in the most shredded or not; even the people who don't like Dave or don't like his diets, most of these people will not argue the fact that his guys almost always come in with better condition then anyone else. For the last 3 years his competitors have dominated the national stage; both male and female. If you want to argue facts, look at the placements in the 5 big national shows the past 3 years and compare who had more top 5 finishers between Dave and the other guys. Now if Dave has more top 5 finishers then Joe Blow, no matter how much you disagree with his style of dieting, you cannot deny the fact that it is producing quality show placement, so there must be something to it.

Like I said above, you're right, this type of dieting will work but it doesn't make it best. Most guys have dieted this way for years, again you're right, this is a fact.

But look at it this way, take the Golden Years of bodybuilding, and compare it to say the 1990's, the guys in the 90's did not diet at all like the guys in the 60's and 70's, not even remotely. Now what the guys did in the 60's and 70's worked; they came i ripped and shredded. But low and behold, the guys in the 90's came in even more ripped and shredded, better conditioned, lower body fat and carrying more muscle. Would you say that because they dieted differently then the 70"s guys that they had it all wrong? Doubtful.

Now, flash forward to the present, more and more guys are using the low carb moderate fat approach and this number seems to be increasing every year. More and more of these guys are getting top placements in shows, some are Palumbo's guys, some aren't. So there must be something to it.

Last thing, you knock this style of dieting a lot. Myself, I was very skeptical at first, I was nervous that I would lose more muscle then needed dieting this way. But after a time, I saw what it was producing, and I decided to give it a try for myself. I decided that if it didn't work it would not be the end of the world, after all it's not like trying a diet and it failing means your life is over, you will recover. But guess what happened? It worked, it worked better then any style of diet I've used. I did the low fat and carb cycling for years, yes I could get in very good shape this way, but not near like I can on a high protein, low carb, moderate fat diet. You come in leaner, you come in harder, and that's pretty much the whole point.