Author Topic: Mukasey Names Prosecutor to Probe Attorney Dismissals  (Read 675 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Mukasey Names Prosecutor to Probe Attorney Dismissals
« on: September 29, 2008, 11:38:44 AM »
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a0.36G3krmfQ&refer=home

Mukasey Names Prosecutor to Probe Attorney Dismissals (Update2)

By Robert Schmidt

Sept. 29 (Bloomberg) -- Attorney General Michael Mukasey named a special prosecutor to investigate possible crimes arising from the Bush administration's firing of nine U.S. attorneys.

Mukasey made the appointment after a blistering internal Justice Department report today said officials may have made false statements and obstructed justice in dismissals likely tainted by politics. The review said there should be further investigation by an attorney who can compel witness cooperation.

``The Justice Department has an obligation to the American people to pursue this case wherever the facts and the law require,'' Mukasey said in a statement. He said the handling of the dismissals was ``haphazard, arbitrary and unprofessional.''

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Mukasey Names Prosecutor to Probe Attorney Dismissals
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 11:59:08 AM »
probably because they're worried the ball will be picked up under a dem appointee.  Mukasey can pick his man to drop the ball now while attempting to not look like a cronie.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 06:09:15 PM »
no one noticed this today probably because of the sell off in the stock market but

this will be BIG NEWS very soon

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 06:13:33 PM »
no one noticed this today probably because of the sell off in the stock market but

this will be BIG NEWS very soon

sorry, I still smell a rat ;D  Mukasey is a Bush man.  This is probably about control and they picked the perfect day to do it.  Under the cover of huge headlines.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 06:54:00 PM »
sorry, I still smell a rat ;D  Mukasey is a Bush man.  This is probably about control and they picked the perfect day to do it.  Under the cover of huge headlines.

I think Mukasey just woke up and smelled the coffee

"Mukasey made the appointment after a blistering internal Justice Department report"

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 06:57:45 PM »
I think Mukasey just woke up and smelled the coffee

"Mukasey made the appointment after a blistering internal Justice Department report"

I'll believe it when I see the results... been conned one to many times.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 07:00:45 PM »
I'll believe it when I see the results... been conned one to many times.

yep

my basic point is that no one is paying attention to this today but I think it might be a big story very soon