Author Topic: Difference between judging at the Olympia 07 and 08 ???  (Read 619 times)

canyoufeeltheforce

• Getbig III
Difference between judging at the Olympia 07 and 08 ???
« on: September 29, 2008, 01:38:07 PM »
I am glad Dexter won as I thought he deserved the crown but I am still surprised that the judges gave it to him. Last year they gave it to a watery Jay over Dex so I expected much this same this year with Jay overcoming yet another poor start to come good in the evening show and collect his 3rd title in succession.

I appreciate that I am only going by the photographs as I wasn't at either show but last year I though Dexter beat Jay easily so what was the difference between the judging at this years Olympia compared to last years?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Difference between judging at the Olympia 07 and 08 ???
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 01:40:45 PM »
I am glad Dexter won as I thought he deserved the crown but I am still surprised that the judges gave it to him. Last year they gave it to a watery Jay over Dex so I expected much this same this year with Jay overcoming yet another poor start to come good in the evening show and collect his 3rd title in succession.

I appreciate that I am only going by the photographs as I wasn't at either show but last year I though Dexter beat Jay easily so what was the difference between the judging at this years Olympia compared to last years?

Jay was off again and there was NO Victor to negate Dexter's showing , if Victor competed he would have replaced Jay and in my opinion he will replace Dexter in 09

canyoufeeltheforce

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 02:00:32 PM »
Jay was off again and there was NO Victor to negate Dexter's showing , if Victor competed he would have replaced Jay and in my opinion he will replace Dexter in 09

Very possible if Vic knee recovers well.
However I was still surprised that the judges awarded Dex the title this as I thought Jay was better than last year. I actually thought this year would be almost an exact rerun of last year with Jay making the correct adjustments for the evening show to have done enough in the eyes of the judges to keep his title.

Did they have many different judges this year?
Were the judges given new directives?
Or did the judges just do their jobs properly?

Personally I wouldn't have given Jay 2nd but it did add to the drama by keeping him at the final showdown.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 02:25:03 PM »

Dexter will come in tight in 09, just doesnt come in out of shape.  No reason to hand it over to Vic...given the O has to lose it.  Phil in 2010...based on the new formula setup of him. AMI got their boy for the next couple of yrs for marketing.  240 has his MBA.  You are Director of Marketing at AMI, and you need a long-term front me for the O with a school rep vs Vic...who is better but has a record.  This is played out everyday in life.

If Vic won in 09...it takes an act of God for Phil to really beat him top end and he will be motivated to hold to it if he gets it.  He makes Phil a bride's maid for yrs like Flex, Kev and Shawn...if all politics are put to the side.
Oh...Monica!