Author Topic: Jay can STILL make Olympia history  (Read 1004 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Jay can STILL make Olympia history
« on: September 29, 2008, 03:26:00 PM »
I am fairly certain that no Mr Olympia defeated on stage, ever returned to win the title back.
Jay could get in killer shape , win the Arnold and use that as momentum to return, and take the title back in 2009!
Howard

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
Re: Jay can STILL make Olympia history
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 03:35:00 PM »
I am fairly certain that no Mr Olympia defeated on stage, ever returned to win the title back.
Jay could get in killer shape , win the Arnold and use that as momentum to return, and take the title back in 2009!
Howard

i think jay should finally quit!!!
i bet he made enough money and can live well with it till the end of his life...he still can make me more than the others with a bit guestposing and seminars etc etc.
he should finally enjoy live,eat at mcdonald's,make some babies

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 03:38:42 PM »
Howard

I think that 2010 can be his year. They'll give it to Dex maybe once more, it'll take a couple of years for Victor to get the leg right again, if he ever does considering how patella tendons tear. Then Jay can come back and take the title from a 40+ Dex considering he'll be 37ish, he has the time and can try a few different looks with a lower insulin regimine.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 03:39:31 PM »
Cutler's physique is done.

He needs to bow out now before things get ugly.

And by ugly I mean Kamali/Kovacs/Palumbo ugly.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 03:40:50 PM »

i think jay should finally quit!!!
i bet he made enough money and can live well with it till the end of his life...he still can make me more than the others with a bit guestposing and seminars etc etc.
he should finally enjoy live,eat at mcdonald's,make some babies

Wonder if his real estate investments around Vegas have tanked with the rest of that market?  He made a bit off of bodybuilding, but doubt he made that much where he can retire at age 34.  

I'm betting that Jay won't quit.  He always stated that he wanted to win 3 Sandows.  If he bows out now, it will mark his 2006 & 2007 Olympia wins as undeserved.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 04:33:46 PM »
Wonder if his real estate investments around Vegas have tanked with the rest of that market?  He made a bit off of bodybuilding, but doubt he made that much where he can retire at age 34.  

I'm betting that Jay won't quit.  He always stated that he wanted to win 3 Sandows.  If he bows out now, it will mark his 2006 & 2007 Olympia wins as undeserved.
Impossible to say how good he chances will be to win it again. Jay has to decide if he really wants to win it again or kick back and enjoy life, etc.
If he has the drive I can see him having a real shot at the Olympia title again.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 04:35:55 PM »
Jay hasn't gotten in shape in 2 years.  Since 2006.  His skin is too thick now.  He could have been 5th at this show and nobody would have complained.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 04:40:17 PM »
Jay hasn't gotten in shape in 2 years.  Since 2006.  His skin is too thick now.  He could have been 5th at this show and nobody would have complained.
Oh I know, I had him 5th as well. The reality is that Jay did dominate at the Arnold and has been a top tier guy for years now. If he backs up and regroups, who knows what he could do? I think he could do well still.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 04:43:34 PM »
Here is the deal:  Bet he has at least $50-$60K coming in off of investments such as Real Estate, Stores and other stuff, can still tour like Ron for the next 2-3 yrs and make good with a sponsor.  I'd sponsor Ron or Jay before 95% of the current pros.  Better return for your dollar...so Ron and Jay are ok.  Back to Jay.  Wife makes $100 yrly.  Home is probably paid off?  Tour and go back to school and get a nice trade. 2 or 3 Os dont matter. He is still an ex-O and got a give me like the rest of them.
Oh...Monica!