Author Topic: "Thor" next SUPER HERO to get big screen treatment  (Read 73820 times)

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Re: "Thor" next SUPER HERO to get big screen treatment
« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2008, 01:58:27 PM »
Ok, let's get something straight first.  The Hulk is my favorite character ever.  But he loses to Thor plain and simple.  Second, You bringing out Red Hulk is like throwing pre-crisis Superman or Beyonder into the mix.  Some of these writers gave these characters virtually no limits to their powers, and Red Hulk is the latest.  However, it's not the widely agreed-upon version of "The" Hulk.  Third, Thor's hammer.  It's powers are mystical, much like Juggernaut's.  Just because Hulk is the strongest one there is doesn't mean he can stop Juggernaut, because he can't.  Why?  Because his powers are mystical.  Hulk's strength does not compute into this.  Lastly, if you want to start throwing out obscure versions of characters, then I'll throw in Rune King Thor into the mix and it's game over.

You are confusing cause and effect. The cause is mystical, the force is physical. By definition that force can not be greater than Hulks.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2008, 02:00:18 PM »
all theses fools put together couldn't hang with hulk

DAWG

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2008, 02:03:01 PM »
Ok, let's get something straight first.  The Hulk is my favorite character ever.  But he loses to Thor plain and simple.  Second, You bringing out Red Hulk is like throwing pre-crisis Superman or Beyonder into the mix.  Some of these writers gave these characters virtually no limits to their powers, and Red Hulk is the latest.  However, it's not the widely agreed-upon version of "The" Hulk.  Third, Thor's hammer.  It's powers are mystical, much like Juggernaut's.  Just because Hulk is the strongest one there is doesn't mean he can stop Juggernaut, because he can't.  Why?  Because his powers are mystical.  Hulk's strength does not compute into this.  Lastly, if you want to start throwing out obscure versions of characters, then I'll throw in Rune King Thor into the mix and it's game over.

how is throwing the red hulk into the mix like supe or beyonder  ??? i brought red hulk to show that he held thors hammer in the normal universe, and basically kicked thors ass, then the standard green stuopid hulk knocked out the red hulk, because he was stronger, its as simple as that.

now if a normal hulk can knock out a guy that took out thor and lifted his hammer

then a wwh hulk that beat everyone in the marvel earth at the same time (including sentry), took on thor with his smarter intelect, greater strength and healing etc, thor wouldn't stand a chance.

it has been proven hulk has unlimited strength, stamina healing, etc. thor has limits.

175lbs by 31st July

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #103 on: October 03, 2008, 02:05:34 PM »
I don't remember the Hulk ever lifting the hammer in a normal setting (i.e. not Ultimates or WWH).  To my knowledge, under normal circumstances, Captain America is the only one that's done it.

I forgot which comic it was, I have it somewhere, but it was after the Onslaught debacle.  I think Erik Larson was the artist. But I can remember Hulk getting so angry, that he tried lifting it and he was having trouble at first, and Thor was like "WTF, you are lifting Mjolnir"

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: October 03, 2008, 02:12:02 PM »

exactly, notice how he took out thor with ease.

now truely that was a fantastic representation of the hulk in all is glory - marvel film studios should take note  8)
175lbs by 31st July

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2008, 02:13:10 PM »
how is throwing the red hulk into the mix like supe or beyonder  ??? i brought red hulk to show that he held thors hammer in the normal universe, and basically kicked thors ass, then the standard green stuopid hulk knocked out the red hulk, because he was stronger, its as simple as that.

now if a normal hulk can knock out a guy that took out thor and lifted his hammer

then a wwh hulk that beat everyone in the marvel earth at the same time (including sentry), took on thor with his smarter intelect, greater strength and healing etc, thor wouldn't stand a chance.

it has been proven hulk has unlimited strength, stamina healing, etc. thor has limits.

I'm not talking about Red Hulk or WWH, I'm talking about NORMAL Hulk, as written the MU.  This could be Grey Hulk, Savage Hulk, Whatever you want.  In the NORMAL Marvel Universe, nobody can lift Thor's Hammer (except when Cap did it).  I'm not talking alternate universes on Sakaar (WWH) or in the Ultimates, or this new Red Hulk, which is totally not canon.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2008, 02:19:43 PM »
I'm not talking about Red Hulk or WWH, I'm talking about NORMAL Hulk, as written the MU.  This could be Grey Hulk, Savage Hulk, Whatever you want.  In the NORMAL Marvel Universe, nobody can lift Thor's Hammer (except when Cap did it).  I'm not talking alternate universes on Sakaar (WWH) or in the Ultimates, or this new Red Hulk, which is totally not canon.

red hulk beat thor - standard green hulk beat red hulk.

wwh is the standard green hulk, he was just never that angry before.

as parker just reminded me the marvel universe (thor included ) had to get hulk into beserker rage mode to beat onslaught too.

if thor was so powerful, why didn't he handle him?
175lbs by 31st July

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2008, 02:24:13 PM »
red hulk beat thor - standard green hulk beat red hulk.

wwh is the standard green hulk, he was just never that angry before.

as parker just reminded me the marvel universe (thor included ) had to get hulk into beserker rage mode to beat onslaught too.

if thor was so powerful, why didn't he handle him?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onslaught_(comics)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2008, 02:26:10 PM »
DAWG

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2008, 02:29:30 PM »

Was that story line of Cap lifting the Hammer canon?  How?  It doesn't make sense to me.  Even if he were "worthy" (which no earth mortal is) he is not physically strong enough because Mjolnir cannot be lifted by normal human strength.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2008, 02:30:51 PM »

Looks cheesy but fun. I'll probably throw in on the queue.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2008, 02:31:21 PM »

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2008, 03:11:24 PM »
Was that story line of Cap lifting the Hammer canon?  How?  It doesn't make sense to me.  Even if he were "worthy" (which no earth mortal is) he is not physically strong enough because Mjolnir cannot be lifted by normal human strength.

Hahaha ...are you just fucking with people?  >:(

He doesn't HAVE "normal" human stregnth.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2008, 03:13:23 PM »
Hahaha >:(...are you just fucking with people?  >:(

Doesn't matter how strong you are...

As Mjolnir has etched upon itself... "He who holds the hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor".

Lifting Mjolnir isn't about strength, it's about virtue... Of which Steve Rogers has TONS of.

Cap and Superman have both hoisted Mjolnir.

It does not take super strength, yet I believe Hulk at one time did lift it due to being so outrageously strong.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2008, 05:14:38 PM »
It's a mood point because hulk would destoy thor without needing to pic the hammer up anyway
DAWG

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2008, 05:18:57 PM »
Hahaha ...are you just fucking with people?  >:(

Cap is the peak of human condition... It is above normal, but he's not juggling elephants either.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2008, 05:33:15 PM »

That was great!  Thanks!
w

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: October 03, 2008, 05:45:08 PM »

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2008, 05:50:59 PM »
Cap is the peak of human condition... It is above normal, but he's not juggling elephants either.

Cap is as strong as a normal human being can become, but his strength is still normal; that is to say, he does not have superhuman strength.  Thor canon established long ago that no normal human can lift Mjolnir.

A human whose strength is mechanically enhanced (Dr. Doom's armor for example,) cannot lift it; superhuman people (Thing, Colossus, Juggernaut) could not lift it because they will not pass the "worthy" test according to Odin's enchantment.  Even other Asgardians cannot lift the hammer!  The hammer can be lifted or moved by a mechanical device--but not handled by a person.

I gave up reading Thor by the time I got to high school, but in my recollection the only beings (according to canon) shown to be capable of lifting Mjolnir are Odin, Thor, and Beta Ray Bill.  The elves in Asgard who originally forged the hammer were able to lift it, but that was before Odin gave it the enchantment restricting its use to those he deems worthy.  ;)

Stavios

« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2008, 05:52:48 PM »
and my biggest problem was with his build, he was over developed physically in places and under developed in others.

Lee Priest  said in MD that his body was used as a model for the new movie HULK

I am not kidding

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2008, 05:53:36 PM »
Cap is as strong as a normal human being can become, but his strength is still normal; that is to say, he does not have superhuman strength.  Thor canon established long ago that no normal human can lift Mjolnir.

A human whose strength is mechanically enhanced (Dr. Doom's armor for example,) cannot lift it; superhuman people (Thing, Colossus, Juggernaut) could not lift it because they will not pass the "worthy" test according to Odin's enchantment.  Even other Asgardians cannot lift the hammer!  The hammer can be lifted or moved by a mechanical device--but not handled by a person.

I gave up reading Thor by the time I got to high school, but in my recollection the only beings (according to canon) shown to be capable of lifting Mjolnir are Odin, Thor, and Beta Ray Bill.  The elves in Asgard who originally forged the hammer were able to lift it, but that was before Odin gave it the enchantment restricting its use to those he deems worthy.  ;)

Says Bay... It's by those who Odin deems worthy... Please see who has lifted it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mjolnir_(Marvel_Comics)

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2008, 06:24:00 PM »

Damn, you're right.  >:(

wiki:

"Captain America has no superhuman powers, although as a result of the Super-Soldier serum and vita-ray treatment, he is transformed from a frail young man into a "perfect" specimen of human development and conditioning. Captain America's strength, endurance, agility, speed, reflexes, and durability are at the highest limits of natural human potential. It has been established that Rogers' body regularly creates the super-soldier serum; it does not wear off.[60]"

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2008, 06:28:38 PM »

wiki:

"Captain America has no superhuman powers, although as a result of the Super-Soldier serum and vita-ray treatment, he is transformed from a frail young man into a "perfect" specimen of human development and conditioning. Captain America's strength, endurance, agility, speed, reflexes, and durability are at the highest limits of natural human potential. It has been established that Rogers' body regularly creates the super-soldier serum; it does not wear off.[60]"

Just as an item to note... The current Captain America is not Steve Rodgers... Steve is currently listed as "deceased" in the Marvel Universe.

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2008, 06:42:54 PM »
that french rugby guy had a cool look for for Thor when Thor had a beard (if his hair was dyed blonde):

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2008, 07:25:58 PM »

wiki:

By the way, not that long ago, in the Marvel Universe the height of normal human strength was said to be the ability to lift/press 800lbs with supreme effort.  Cap could do this and his closest competitor was T'Challa, the Black Panther, who could lift/press 750lbs.  Anyone who could lift more than that was said to be superhuman. 

If I'm not mistaken current powerlifters can now press more than 800lbs.  I guess Marvel editors need to revise the height of normal human strength upward to 900 or 1000lbs.   ;D