Author Topic: Jay & Dex. in 2007 & 2008.  (Read 1679 times)

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Jay & Dex. in 2007 & 2008.
« on: September 30, 2008, 04:52:14 PM »
At Mr. O. 2008 Jay although not at his best was much better than he was at Mr. O. 2007..
Dex. in both 2007 and 2008 was nearly the same.. He may have added some size in 2008 but still nothing big to make a real diff.

Ironically the "same" Dex. couldn't beat the clearly off Jay of 2007 and beat Jay's noticeably better shape of 2008!!!..

Did the judges of the Olympia give the last show to Dex. just coz Jay didn't come at his best and not coz they saw Dex. better??.. I believe that after 2007's show and Jay's controversial win which annoyed most of the bodybuilding fans the judges took the decision to be very strict with Jay in 2008 and not to give him another title unless he would come at his best shape ever or at least very close to it.. They knew well that another controversial victory for Jay would kill the sport..

I am not saying that Dex. didn't deserve to beat Jay at the 2008 show coz for me he deserved to beat him many times before.. I am just wondering how the judges judge!!..

RC Money

• Getbig III
  • I don't knock on doors...I knock doors down.
Re: Jay & Dex. in 2007 & 2008.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 06:27:35 PM »
Useless without more pictures.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 06:29:09 PM »
I think Dexter was better in 2007; Jay probably better in 2008.  That's the difference an idea in people's head for a year makes. 

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 06:34:24 PM »
your better than that Sherief Shalaby to just show 4 pics  and then come off and say dex was not better this year vs last years.  He dominated this year look at more pics and come back and talk about it not show two piecs of each person.....

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 10:54:33 PM »
At Mr. O. 2008 Jay although not at his best was much better than he was at Mr. O. 2007..
Dex. in both 2007 and 2008 was nearly the same.. He may have added some size in 2008 but still nothing big to make a real diff.

Ironically the "same" Dex. couldn't beat the clearly off Jay of 2007 and beat Jay's noticeably better shape of 2008!!!..

Did the judges of the Olympia give the last show to Dex. just coz Jay didn't come at his best and not coz they saw Dex. better??.. I believe that after 2007's show and Jay's controversial win which annoyed most of the bodybuilding fans the judges took the decision to be very strict with Jay in 2008 and not to give him another title unless he would come at his best shape ever or at least very close to it.. They knew well that another controversial victory for Jay would kill the sport..

I am not saying that Dex. didn't deserve to beat Jay at the 2008 show coz for me he deserved to beat him many times before.. I am just wondering how the judges judge!!..

actually no, the judges took 4 years to realise that they were awarding the mr.o title to the biggest- not the best BB. or has it been 17 years?.. either way jay doesnt beat dex- ever.

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 12:24:41 AM »
Basically, you are showing pic of Jay from the finals. He lost it in the pre-judging the night before. Bottom line - Jay was off again this year and Dex was better than last year. That topped off with the view that it's "Time For Change" Look at the pre-Olympia hype, it was all Dex verses Jay. The IFBB have (Thankfully) decided that Quality & Symmetry is the way forward now.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 12:32:50 AM »
Basically, you are showing pic of Jay from the finals. He lost it in the pre-judging the night before. Bottom line - Jay was off again this year and Dex was better than last year. That topped off with the view that it's "Time For Change" Look at the pre-Olympia hype, it was all Dex verses Jay. The IFBB have (Thankfully) decided that Quality & Symmetry is the way forward now.

It definately was time for change. You could see it coming, though, with the advent of the 202 and under class, aswell as basically all of the top 10 in this year's O. being well proportioned, with streamlined waists and great conditioning. It's like I've been saying for a while now - there is a new generation of physiques coming that will bring us back to the mid-90's in terms of mass combined with aesthetics and streamlined waists.

Jay, with his blocky waist and horrid back is the odd one out now and will place lower and lower if he stays in the same condition.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 01:14:20 AM »
With 2012 the end of the world just a few years away, the IFBB knows it has to shake this up abit...

lets see

1. Banks a collasping
2. Budweiser sold to a foreign company
3. The government is now using tax money to help out private companies
4. There may be a black president
5. There may be a female president
6. Playboy is about to go bankrupt
7. Alex Jones has been outed as a government shill
8. The Falcon " Waddy" is flying higher then ever
9. 240 is a family man and gave up drinking
10. Squadfathers name has been banned for here

I don't know about anyone else, but these 10 things here to me show that the end of the world is very near...

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 02:12:40 AM »
your better than that Sherief Shalaby to just show 4 pics  and then come off and say dex was not better this year vs last years.  He dominated this year look at more pics and come back and talk about it not show two piecs of each person.....

Let's say both Dex. and Jay were better in 2008 than 2007.. My question is "which one of them improved more??".. As you are saying Dex. improved in 2008 than in 2007 but as you see it was not a dramatic improvement, it was not something like Dorian had made between 1992 and 1993.. Dex. always come in the same excellent condition.. This year he may have just added few more pounds to his body.. On the other hand Jay in 2008 although didn't look good was clearly better than the "watery cotton bag" shape he showed in 2007.. I myself see that Dex. deserved to beat Jay in both years but according to the judges and their rules which must be a constant thing they should have given it to Jay in 2008.. In other words, it's something good for the sport to give it to Dex. this year coz he deserved but we just want to know how do they judge!!.. Like this you think that they put the placing in the way that refresh or save the sport and please the fans and not according to certain rules..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 02:16:28 AM »

I hope u r right and they keep doing this in the next years and don't give it to the next BIG man no matter how he looks like..

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 02:17:56 AM »
Well, Dex clearly deserved to beat Jay both times? Difference is this year, MuscleTech made sure they had Dexter as an alternative. Second, Jay's conditioning was better this year but his overall shape keeps getting worse. His body is giving up on him and that's it. His lines are just sad, proportions and symmetry have gone to shit. Somehow, his better conditioning enhanced the fact that he's no longer Mr O material.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 02:26:23 AM »
Well, Dex clearly deserved to beat Jay both times? Difference is this year, MuscleTech made sure they had Dexter as an alternative. Second, Jay's conditioning was better this year but his overall shape keeps getting worse. His body is giving up on him and that's it. His lines are just sad, proportions and symmetry have gone to shit. Somehow, his better conditioning enhanced the fact that he's no longer Mr O material.

Do u have any idea why his righ quad looks much smaller than the left??.. Is this a result from an injury or it's like this naturally!!.. I notice also that his right lat is smaller than his left.. It's clear when he tries to show his x-tree..

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 02:31:46 AM »
No idea, injuries I guess as I don't recall seeing this on his earlier pics. Those quads seem to belong to two different people and that was already the case last year.