Author Topic: 'I'm a feminist,' Palin tells Couric  (Read 3606 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
'I'm a feminist,' Palin tells Couric
« on: October 01, 2008, 09:21:30 AM »
Nice pick, McCain.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: 'I'm a feminist,' Palin tells Couric
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 09:23:57 AM »
Nice pick, McCain.

You're a god, my Lord Rob.
I hate the State.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 10:05:51 AM »
Nice pick, McCain.

"Stand up Chuck".Great pick Obama."FDR got on television in 1929",great pick Obama."My wife was killed by a guy who had a liquid lunch",great pick Obama."its patriotic to pay higher taxes",great pick Obama.Shall I go on?

The Coach

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 10:15:00 AM »
Nice pick, McCain.

Then why arn't the real feminists supporting her.........because they're liberal robots? Because she kept her disabled child and didn't kill it? Because her daughter is keeping her out of wedlock child and not aborting it? Yes.....she was a good choice considering who's running for president on the left.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 10:58:17 AM »
Then why arn't the real feminists supporting her.........because they're liberal robots? Because she kept her disabled child and didn't kill it? Because her daughter is keeping her out of wedlock child and not aborting it? Yes.....she was a good choice considering who's running for president on the left.

Yes all those issues matter really, really much when you're a vice president. It would be way to picky to demand a shred of foreign knowledge. I mean, she see's Russia from her backyard!! Stupid libs, get a grip.
from incomplete data

Chico_Holiday

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 11:08:40 AM »

Good point Coach, shouldn't these feminists fight as much for the rights of single mothers vs. the right for them to simply abort and shrug the responsibilities of their actions? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 03:00:32 PM »
Then why arn't the real feminists supporting her.........

wow, you're calling her a wanna-be feminist?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 03:11:13 PM »
Someone should ask McCain or Obama if they are feminists.  I'd pay to see each one's answer.

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 04:18:45 PM »
"That & $2.50 cents will get you on th Subway"!!! :-X

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 07:27:43 PM »
This is why they dont support her... called "Sarah palins greatest hits!! LOL

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 09:13:45 PM »

I think she single handedly has set the cause back by 30 yrs at least.

After her interviews, the citizens of Alaska who perhaps may not have known anything about her, ...must be pooping their pants right about now. Can you imagine... waking up one morning to discover that THAT was the person in charge of your home state?!
w

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 10:06:07 PM »

No self-proclaimed person of intelligence can watch that clip and claim that Palin is capable of leading the United States, or even serving as VP. It really is embarassing to watch.

Not only should she not get the VP spot, she should not be Governor of Alaska, nor Mayor of Wasilla. She might be capable of serving on some type of (small) city council, but even this is debatable.
G

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 10:08:33 PM »

Coach,

You really are embarassing yourself by defending Palin.

There are points debatable about the election and the candidates, but you are just embarassing yourself with Palin.

Please stop.
G

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 10:19:45 PM »
No self-proclaimed person of intelligence can watch that clip and claim that Palin is capable of leading the United States, or even serving as VP. It really is embarassing to watch.

Not only should she not get the VP spot, she should not be Governor of Alaska, nor Mayor of Wasilla. She might be capable of serving on some type of (small) city council, but even this is debatable.

I dont pretend that she hasnt been a disaster during these interviews, but she was a very popular governor. She have been relatively sucessful thus far(before the vp annoucement).

do I think she would/could be president now? F no.  Vice President? I am waiting to see what happens tomorrow. to see what she is made of.

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 10:32:38 PM »
Iv seen several reports on TV her "polling numbers as Gov" have dropped over 20% since they have been vetting her... I dont have solid facts, but iv seen it on the TV screen on CNN and MSNBC.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 11:10:33 PM »
I dont pretend that she hasnt been a disaster during these interviews, but she was a very popular governor. She have been relatively sucessful thus far(before the vp annoucement).

Popular Governors don't find themselves stuck in the midst of unanymously suppported bi-partisan investigations

And as someone who barely escaped recall as mayor of the tiny town of Wasilla by the skin of her nose,
...and took a debt-free town, ran up it's expenses, and left the town in debt, ...I'd hardly call that successful.
How do you build a structure on land you don't even have clear title to? Do they even have sewage yet?

do I think she would/could be president now? F no.  Vice President? I am waiting to see what happens tomorrow. to see what she is made of.

I can tell you right now, ...pork & lipstick.

w

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 05:19:26 AM »

Why does some on here like having babies is some mark of feminism? Those are the only 2 things you personally just referenced?

Why do people act like a teenage high school dropout having a baby is some mark of feminism? I guess all the young girls in college and young women working their ways up the corporate ladder are not feminists as they didn't get knocked up as teen?

Let's be clear here - to have a baby you lay down, open your legs and have sex. Any ass can do it.

Feminism is about uplifting women, breaking barriers and supporting womens issues such as anti rape measures, equal pay, non sexual harrassment etc.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 08:03:44 AM »
Why does some on here like having babies is some mark of feminism? Those are the only 2 things you personally just referenced?

Why do people act like a teenage high school dropout having a baby is some mark of feminism? I guess all the young girls in college and young women working their ways up the corporate ladder are not feminists as they didn't get knocked up as teen?

Let's be clear here - to have a baby you lay down, open your legs and have sex. Any ass can do it.

Feminism is about uplifting women, breaking barriers and supporting womens issues such as anti rape measures, equal pay, non sexual harrassment etc.

If that's the case, then Palin should be treated better than she is by so-called feminists. But, feminism, as we know it, isn't merely about that. It's about a LIBERAL point of view. Palin is a conservative, which is a major reason why she's getting blasted the way she is.

As for breaking barriers, she's Alaska's first female governor and, perhaps its most popular one to date. She's the first woman to be on the GOP presidental ticket and only the second one to be on the ticket of either party. Perhaps, it isn't so much her accomplishments as it is the fact that she did all of this WITHOUT the marching orders of groups of left-winged feminists like NOW.

If McCain wins this election, that proverbial glass ceiling goes bye-bye. But, I suspect that "feminists" won't be breaking out the party favors.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 08:24:53 AM »
Popular Governors don't find themselves stuck in the midst of unanymously suppported bi-partisan investigations

Are you the one who always points out spelling mistakes?
Y

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 09:27:55 AM »
If that's the case, then Palin should be treated better than she is by so-called feminists. But, feminism, as we know it, isn't merely about that. It's about a LIBERAL point of view. Palin is a conservative, which is a major reason why she's getting blasted the way she is.

As for breaking barriers, she's Alaska's first female governor and, perhaps its most popular one to date. She's the first woman to be on the GOP presidental ticket and only the second one to be on the ticket of either party. Perhaps, it isn't so much her accomplishments as it is the fact that she did all of this WITHOUT the marching orders of groups of left-winged feminists like NOW.

If McCain wins this election, that proverbial glass ceiling goes bye-bye. But, I suspect that "feminists" won't be breaking out the party favors.
Please clear up for me what the feminists's LIBERAL point of view is?  Particularly, what is it and what is liberal about it?