Author Topic: Ok, Tonymctones says Biden says he got shot at in Afghanistan, let's clear this  (Read 1683 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
LOL thats ok biden said he got shot at in afghanistan which he didnt either...they all lie get used to the shit.

Let's clear this up now before it becomes part of the daily lies spewed over and over.

He never said he got shot at ::)  Exact quotes included:
http://www.motherjones.com/mojoblog/archives/2008/09/9874_joe_biden_helicopter_forced_down_afghanistan.html

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
"If you want to know where Al Qaeda lives, you want to know where Bin Laden is, come back to Afghanistan with me. Come back to the area where my helicopter was forced down, with a three-star general and three senators at 10,500 feet in the middle of those mountains. I can tell you where they are."

You said he said he was "Shot down"  as I'm looking at the other rightwing sites on this, they are also quoting him as saying "shot down"  He never said shot down, he talked about an area where their helicopter was forced down.  which is true.

BAGRAM AIR BASE, Afghanistan, Feb. 21 (UPI) -- A helicopter carrying three U.S. senators made an emergency landing in Afghanistan because of bad weather Thursday, aides to the senators said.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I will say the whole bit about come back with me I'll show you where they're at is overkill drama.  But he never said he was shot at or shot down.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
"If you want to know where Al Qaeda lives, you want to know where Bin Laden is, come back to Afghanistan with me. Come back to the area where my helicopter was forced down, with a three-star general and three senators at 10,500 feet in the middle of those mountains. I can tell you where they are."

You said he said he was "Shot down"  as I'm looking at the other rightwing sites on this, they are also quoting him as saying "shot down"  He never said shot down, he talked about an area where their helicopter was forced down.  which is true.

BAGRAM AIR BASE, Afghanistan, Feb. 21 (UPI) -- A helicopter carrying three U.S. senators made an emergency landing in Afghanistan because of bad weather Thursday, aides to the senators said.

I never said shot down I said shot at which he claimed to be in iraq im sorry i got the place wrong...ALSO when you hear my helicopter was forced down in afghanistan what do you think caused it to be grounded? you dont think he had a responsibility to clarify that?

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
chalk up the win for ol' mormon

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I never said shot down I said shot at which he claimed to be in iraq im sorry i got the place wrong...ALSO when you hear my helicopter was forced down in afghanistan what do you think caused it to be grounded? you dont think he had a responsibility to clarify that?
maybe the dumshit thought he was so important that we would all remember the tragic day his helicopter went down...  No,  If you start clarifying everything you say, you'll sound like Kerry and everyone will fall asleep :D

Here's the details of the Iraq thing, it's not that exciting, nothing like Clinton's drawn out war story lol...  They might have very well had a bullet head in their direction.  It wouldn't be that shocking.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/biden-revises-claim-he-was-shot-at-in-iraq-2007-08-08.html

tonymctones

• Getbig V
On the shooting
But when questioned about the episode afterward by the Hill newspaper, Biden backpedaled from his claim of being "shot at" and instead allowed: "I was near where a shot landed."

The senior senator from Delaware went on to say that some sort of projectile "landed" outside a building in the Green Zone where he and another senator had spent the night during a visit in December 2005. The lawmakers were shaving in the morning when they felt the building shake, Biden said.

"No one got up and ran from the room-it wasn't that kind of thing," he told the Hill. "It's not like I had someone holding a gun to my head."

on the helicopter incident
But it turns out that inclement weather, not terrorists, prompted the chopper to land in an open field during Biden's visit to Afghanistan in February. Fighter jets kept watch overhead while a convoy of security vehicles was dispatched to retrieve Biden and fellow Senators Chuck Hagel and John Kerry.

"We were going to send Biden out to fight the Taliban with snowballs, but we didn't have to," joked Kerry, a Democrat, to the AP. "Other than getting a little cold, it was fine."

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
On the shooting
But when questioned about the episode afterward by the Hill newspaper, Biden backpedaled from his claim of being "shot at" and instead allowed: "I was near where a shot landed."

The senior senator from Delaware went on to say that some sort of projectile "landed" outside a building in the Green Zone where he and another senator had spent the night during a visit in December 2005. The lawmakers were shaving in the morning when they felt the building shake, Biden said.

"No one got up and ran from the room-it wasn't that kind of thing," he told the Hill. "It's not like I had someone holding a gun to my head."

on the helicopter incident
But it turns out that inclement weather, not terrorists, prompted the chopper to land in an open field during Biden's visit to Afghanistan in February. Fighter jets kept watch overhead while a convoy of security vehicles was dispatched to retrieve Biden and fellow Senators Chuck Hagel and John Kerry.

"We were going to send Biden out to fight the Taliban with snowballs, but we didn't have to," joked Kerry, a Democrat, to the AP. "Other than getting a little cold, it was fine."
yea, but like I said, it's hardly a big drama.  Clinton's story was out of a war novel lol...  Biden's was, "shot at"  He is in general an overdramatic person to say the least.  but it's not even in the same league as Clinton's BS.  He may very well have been shot at.  Now if he drew it out into a major production like Clinton I'd be laughing harder...  As this is, it's 1/4 of the fib told by McCain in Iraq.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
LOL but your camp is making a huge deal about not being able to see russia from alaska oh wait its not that its that palin has never been to the place where you can see russia from alaska...both are non issues but comparing the two bidens is worse.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
LOL but your camp is making a huge deal about not being able to see russia from alaska oh wait its not that its that palin has never been to the place where you can see russia from alaska...both are non issues but comparing the two bidens is worse.
That is a little dumb.  I think it was a figure of speach by Palin.  I don't think she expected us to believe she looks out her window and flips off putin lol.  There are plenty of other things to fry her on so I agree, that's a bit of a dumb one.