Author Topic: Palin Strikes again  (Read 1738 times)

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Palin Strikes again
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 11:11:29 PM »
And this is why I don't understand women who claim they supported Hillary supporting Palin over Biden. Biden introduced and fought strongly for some of the most important legislation for women's rights since roe v wade. Palin, on the other hand has shown again and again she's against women's rights/interests. And whether or not she drove the policy, while she was mayor of Wasilla, they did charge rape victims for their rape kits. That's atrocious.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 12:05:03 AM »
Wow, you really see what a smart guy Biden is in this piece.

You really see what a bullshitter Palin is.  It makes sense now.  She can't answer most Qs.  So she just repeats the question, talks about why it's an important quesiton, and assures us that if so blessed to win the vice-presidency, she'll be ready to answer that question.

It's like that on most of her Qs.   Reword Q, tell why it's important, assure viewer you're ready to face it.  Biden, on the other hand, answered the Q drawing upon 1000 hours of experience he had on that particular topic, and listed add'l parts of the Constitution which are involved and affected.

Face it kids..> biden knows the constitution.  palin knows how to re-word a question and act spunky while stalling.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 12:12:35 AM »
Palin: States have the right to violate citizens' Constitutional rights 

This is effectively what Palin said in her 'CBS News - Presidential Questions' session, on Roe v Wade, today.

Palin was literally saved by the bell, it appears, with CBS ending the segment with Palin unable to cite a single other Supreme Court decision besides Roe v Wade -- let alone one with which she might take issue.

But it should also be noted that Palin again demonstrated her inability for complex, abstract thought... responding to Katie Couric one moment that she believes that the US Constitution *does* have an inherent right to privacy -- which Couric emphasizes is at the core of the Roe v Wade decision -- and then saying in the next moment that abortion rights should be left up to the states. So the states should have the right to violate their citizens' Constitutional rights? Or maybe Palin just doesn't understand the function of the Constitution?

I doubt this incoherence will be much noticed, though, given Palin's epic failure on the "other decisions" question.

Busted

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 12:23:28 AM »
Here are some comments by people who watched the Videos...

Did I hear that right? Palin says she is a states'' rights Federalist? How is that possible? That''s kind of like being a God-fearing atheist.

I can''t believe what I just heard. I teach political science at a college prep high school. Governor Palin''s answer to Couric''s question re Roe v. Wade is embarassing. Every one of my students would be able to answer that question in a more intelligent way then Palin. Her answer to the second question about SC decisions that she disagreed with is even more uninformed. It doesn''t matter whether you are pro choice or pro life any experienced, informed, and knowledgeable politician should be able to give a better answer. I feel sorry for people that think she is qualified to become Vice President of the United States.

She''s just so painfully ignorant and under-educated. What an indictment of our education system.
The cage match, I mean debate is tomorrow - "Let the gibberish begin!"

You just gotta be kidding every american citizen who graduated from highscool for us to believe those are gotcha questions. Those are powder puff questions. The first question would have allowed her to run off a list of reforms and boost her candidate. It was actually a question the right wing would have loved her to answer. But she simply didn''t know any.

She calls McCain and a Maverick and a reformer and can''t answer one thing he has reformed.
The right wing says its a gotcha question to ask her about her Presidents views.
She can''t name a supreme court decision when if she wins the presidency will have influence in what judges are picked. She can''t name One.
She could have said Muhammed Ali, of Bush vs Gore.
Instead she tries to answer which is more ignorant. The republicans then say again its a gotcha question.

Truly scary experience listening to Palin. I don''t think John was putting his country first when he selected her, maybe he meant his country estate first.I can see where a normal logical individual could be stymied by this interview or debate style. Joe don''t panic and throw in the towel, truly she is that stupid.

She couldn''t get hired as Katie Couric''s summer intern with answers like that.
Seriously.

Busted

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 12:26:38 AM »
This is a SERIOUS QUESTION...

Did anyone of you ever imagine that a president could be dumber than Bush?  Seriously...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 12:41:05 AM »
She re-states the question in the form of a statement.
Then, she talks about the importance of this question.
Finally, she says that if she's blessed with being elected, she'll be prepared to answer the Q.

That's it.  Will it work for 120 second of answers tomorrow?  Shit, did you see Biden's answer?  He's a brilliant guy. Palin is sweet, successful, strong, what have you... but that thirst for knowledge?

You either have it or you don't.  If you're on getbig political board, you have it.  You're not smoking pot watching Tv - you're passionately debating politics.  You read current events because you want to, not because you have to.  I think palin isn't one of these such people.  I think she does just enough to get by.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 01:29:51 AM »
This is a SERIOUS QUESTION...

Did anyone of you ever imagine that a president could be dumber than Bush?  Seriously...

no   :'(
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 02:15:14 AM »
ahahahahahahaha...

This comparison is getting closer and closer :D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 02:21:15 AM »
breaking news, McCain suspends campaign for third time, Palin must fly back to Alaska to save something, such as US Americans under the umbrella... yea.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 02:23:54 AM »
Palin WILL sink Mccain's ship. Yay!

Eat shit, coach!
from incomplete data