Author Topic: Baseball playoffs  (Read 3890 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Baseball playoffs
« on: October 02, 2008, 08:56:35 AM »
Fvckin Red Sox >:(

Go Dodgers ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Baseball playoffs
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 08:58:34 AM »
Based on matchups, I thought Boston would defeat Anaheim.
Y

body88

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 09:51:10 AM »
Boston's farm system is awesome. producing many of the key guys who have kept this team competitive among a RASH of injuries. If Becket can be Becket, Lowell can function and Drew can tough it out, I don't see the sox losing.

Dustin is the MVP!!!!!

The Coach

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 10:15:13 AM »
Fvckin Red Sox >:(

Go Dodgers ;D

WTF was Vlade thinking last night running through Ebels stop sign? I went crazy after he made that bone headed move. Dude can't run enough as it is and pulls that >:(

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 08:32:25 PM »
You got the SOX'S part right just the wrong color.. LETS GO CHI TOWN!!!!!

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 08:39:27 PM »
why do I pull for the fucking cubs every year I watch or record every game... I think this is the year who am I kidding they will never win and yet next year I will still live and die with every game! Zambrano pitched his heart out tonight and we get no infield or hitting. I swear I dont know what the deal is. We just dont play postseason baseball. I dont know what the problem is. maybe we really are cursed? Maybe we are destined never to win the world series? Any other Cubs fans that can share in my agony

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 10:26:45 PM »
why do I pull for the fucking cubs every year I watch or record every game... I think this is the year who am I kidding they will never win and yet next year I will still live and die with every game! Zambrano pitched his heart out tonight and we get no infield or hitting. I swear I dont know what the deal is. We just dont play postseason baseball. I dont know what the problem is. maybe we really are cursed? Maybe we are destined never to win the world series? Any other Cubs fans that can share in my agony

All south side here.... :-\ :-\ :-\

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 10:50:19 PM »
ah must be nice to have a team in chi town that wins when it matters. I honestly dont know why I love the cubs I am from GA and hate the braves....always liked the cubs since I was about 6-7 so thats at least 16 years of heartbreak..lol maybe we will have a miraculous comeback this year

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 11:21:40 PM »
I love how the cubs are choking.  I was tired of teams that are supposed to lose (like the bosox and the chisox) going and winning.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 06:53:41 AM »
Phillies are playing well.

body88

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 06:41:14 AM »
Sox beat halos again. Going back to the mecca 2 - 0, the halos must be sweating. The sox play their best baseball in October, and I'm amazed how well they are playing with the rash of injuries.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 02:27:48 PM »
i'm really hoping for a bosox vs dodgers series.  that would be awesome.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 07:34:13 AM »
Angels hung on by a c*nt hair :)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 08:45:53 AM »
Anaheim is a bunch of idiots.  All you need to know about this team is what they showed yesterday when they haded the sox three runs on the pop up.

Then, their big mouthed closer's agent starts rambling about how 5/75 is the minimum starting point in FA for him next year, and he promptly blows the game for his team in the playoffs, and barely survives a shaky outing last night.

It'll be hilarious when the Mets spend 85 million on him this offseason.

Y

body88

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 06:35:48 AM »
Angels where overrated, Red Sox where underrated. Like I said at the start of the season...the new Sox play their best in the playoffs. This is not the team of old. Different owners, different players and the will to win. They turned the corner in 04, and they have not looked back since.  Tampa will be tough, but the Sox can win the series.

No one was getting by Lester last night. I called him a blue chipper long ago, and he is only solidifying that fact every time he touches the ball. The sox are a young team, with a farm system that is pumping out starting players. The future is bright for this team!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 08:10:29 AM »
Go Dodgers...

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 08:13:41 AM »
Angels where overrated, Red Sox where underrated. Like I said at the start of the season...the new Sox play their best in the playoffs. This is not the team of old. Different owners, different players and the will to win. They turned the corner in 04, and they have not looked back since.  Tampa will be tough, but the Sox can win the series.

No one was getting by Lester last night. I called him a blue chipper long ago, and he is only solidifying that fact every time he touches the ball. The sox are a young team, with a farm system that is pumping out starting players. The future is bright for this team!

Congrats to the Sawx >:(
as much as I will continue to root against them I think they will win it all.
they have a great mix of young and old.I also like Francona as a manager.

fuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 08:14:29 AM »
Go Dodgers...

Dodgers vs Sox would be something else.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 08:28:57 AM »

Dodgers vs Sox would be something else.
i rather get the rays..but boston LA...shit...manny goin back to boston...it would be too much

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 09:34:44 AM »
Ange Like I said at the start of the season...the new Sox play their best in the playoffs.

You were absolutely right about Lester.  But this series was not about the sox playing their best baseball, it was about Anaheim playing their worst.
Y

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 04:03:23 PM »
i rather get the rays..but boston LA...shit...manny goin back to boston...it would be too much
You better have hit that up.   ;D

I'm thinking it's going to be LA vs BOS.
Squishy face retard

body88

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2008, 04:07:48 PM »
You were absolutely right about Lester.  But this series was not about the sox playing their best baseball, it was about Anaheim playing their worst.

I don't buy into that.  Losers talk about how bad they played, and how they are the better team.  Trust me I'm a pats fan (Last years sb loss) ;)
Part of being the best, is the ability to play at that level when it matters most. Mental makeup is a highly underrated part of how "good" a team is, and it's just as important as skills. I might buy your argument over a one game battle, but the Angels had several games to get it together.

The Angels only won 5 more games than the sox in a horrible divsion, while the sox played in a tough one. The sox had / have way more injuries than the angels, and they still won.

Angels = overrated.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2008, 07:43:03 PM »
I don't buy into that.  Losers talk about how bad they played, and how they are the better team.  Trust me I'm a pats fan (Last years sb loss) ;)
Part of being the best, is the ability to play at that level when it matters most. Mental makeup is a highly underrated part of how "good" a team is, and it's just as important as skills. I might buy your argument over a one game battle, but the Angels had several games to get it together.

The Angels only won 5 more games than the sox in a horrible divsion, while the sox played in a tough one. The sox had / have way more injuries than the angels, and they still won.

Angels = overrated.

I think you misinterpreted me.  The Angels played horrible baseball over this entire series.  I agree with you that they are 100% overrated, and were the benefactor of a weak division.

However, the sox did not play their best either.  Two of their three starting pitchers had poor starts.   Matsusaka basically did what he does, but it was far from vintage Beckett.   Sox left a ton of runnners in scoring position.  Pedroia hit horribly, his only hit coming off a fly ball that's an out anywhere but Fenway.  Case in point about Anaheim - on consecutive nights, Jacoby Ellsbury popped up, and hit a routine double play ball.  He ended up with 4 rbi on those two at bats.  Mike Soscia overmangaged, calling for leadoff bunts in game 2 in the ninth, and also an inexcusable call for a squeeze in the final game.

In other words, I've seen the sox play great baseball before, but they didn't in this series.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2008, 06:52:57 AM »

Angels = overrated.

Who gets the start in game 1 ???

body88

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2008, 10:36:43 AM »
I think you misinterpreted me.  The Angels played horrible baseball over this entire series.  I agree with you that they are 100% overrated, and were the benefactor of a weak division.

However, the sox did not play their best either.  Two of their three starting pitchers had poor starts.   Matsusaka basically did what he does, but it was far from vintage Beckett.   Sox left a ton of runnners in scoring position.  Pedroia hit horribly, his only hit coming off a fly ball that's an out anywhere but Fenway.  Case in point about Anaheim - on consecutive nights, Jacoby Ellsbury popped up, and hit a routine double play ball.  He ended up with 4 rbi on those two at bats.  Mike Soscia overmangaged, calling for leadoff bunts in game 2 in the ninth, and also an inexcusable call for a squeeze in the final game.

In other words, I've seen the sox play great baseball before, but they didn't in this series.

I dunno, you said that the series was all about how poorly the Angels played....That would lead one to believe you where referring to them handing it away.

My bad for the missunderstanding.  The Rays will be very hard to beat, but if it happens the sox will crush the Dodgers in the ws.