Author Topic: How long does Arimidex take to "work"?  (Read 1716 times)

strength

How long does Arimidex take to "work"?
« on: October 02, 2008, 08:58:45 AM »
I always used it as a precautionary measure, never after actually having symptoms.  How long does it usually take to knock out the estrogen?

I am taking .25 mg EOD.  Tenderness and swelling is almost 100% gone but i may bump it up to .5 MG ED until its totally gone. 

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: How long does Arimidex take to "work"?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 09:07:54 AM »
My guess would be within two or three days - I think the half-life is 24 or 36 hours.

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 09:22:52 AM »
I always used it as a precautionary measure, never after actually having symptoms.  How long does it usually take to knock out the estrogen?

I am taking .25 mg EOD.  Tenderness and swelling is almost 100% gone but i may bump it up to .5 MG ED until its totally gone. 
my question to you strength is why take it if you have no symptoms?...

strength

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 11:00:48 AM »
well back in the day i always took .25 EOD during my cycles just for preventative measures.

tolliscd

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 02:58:20 PM »
same day

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 03:25:37 PM »
same day

Yup.  I only take it 1-2x a week and I'll take a pill in the morning and by the afternoon my puffyness is gone.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 06:08:14 PM »
http://www.arimidex.com/index.aspx

It appears arimidex has a 2 day half life and will take about 7 days to achieve stable blood levels with standard dosing.

Has Beens

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 07:09:34 PM »
http://www.arimidex.com/index.aspx

It appears arimidex has a 2 day half life and will take about 7 days to achieve stable blood levels with standard dosing.

This sounds a bit more like my results.....usually in a week all is good but it tends to pull alot of water out of me as well.

strength

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 03:45:30 AM »
This sounds a bit more like my results.....usually in a week all is good but it tends to pull alot of water out of me as well.

thanks guys!

RDW

• Getbig III
  • Get Big or Go Home
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 07:03:45 AM »
An important fact about AIs, they will not remove existing levels of estrogen, they only prevent aromatase.  If you are showing symptoms of gynecomastia you should be taking a SERM for a few days to remove existing levels, by the time those are lowered the AIs should be working in order to prevent additional aromatization.

strength

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 11:52:25 AM »
An important fact about AIs, they will not remove existing levels of estrogen, they only prevent aromatase.  If you are showing symptoms of gynecomastia you should be taking a SERM for a few days to remove existing levels, by the time those are lowered the AIs should be working in order to prevent additional aromatization.

yeah i went through a 60 ml bottle of research adex in the last 2 weeks.

thanks bro's