Author Topic: Is anyone concerned?  (Read 4770 times)

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Is anyone concerned?
« on: October 02, 2008, 10:14:10 AM »
Recently, the Chineese killed several infants and poisoned thousands more by producing powdered baby formula using milk that was intentionally adulterated with melamine.  Melamine increases nitrogen in the powdered formula and fools the machines that test for protein content into reading that the prodcut contains more protein than it really it does.  Melamine will cause renal failure, kidney stones and a whole host of other bad shit.  It's recently been found in candy produced in china and sold in California.

The question is, are any protein powders produced in China?  And if so, are they too contaminated with melamine?  Anyone have any information about this?

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
Re: Is anyone concerned?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 10:22:26 AM »
isnt growth hormone a protein peptide chain...so would the gh (blue tops) produced in china be at risk for contamination??

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 10:22:34 AM »
yes kymou is a piece of shit....wait what was the question ?
L

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 10:24:07 AM »

LMAO...

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 10:51:16 AM »
 8) the fact that we have allowed some greedy fuckers to kill off our manufacturing base ( which allowed us to become the world power to begin with ) and sent it to CHINA is a major worry ! We can no longer make anything and our education system is shit ! we have become a society that worrships mediocrity ( check out the KIM CARDASHIAN thread ) CHINA is a major worry and we have allowed it to happen !  ???

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 10:55:44 AM »
8) the fact that we have allowed some greedy fuckers to kill off our manufacturing base ( which allowed us to become the world power to begin with ) and sent it to CHINA is a major worry ! We can no longer make anything and our education system is shit ! we have become a society that worrships mediocrity ( check out the KIM CARDASHIAN thread ) CHINA is a major worry and we have allowed it to happen !  ???

Down in the shadow of the penitentiary,
Out by the gas fires of the refinery,
I'm ten years burnin' down that road.
Nowhere to run, ain't got nowhere to go.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 10:57:06 AM »
Down in the shadow of the penitentiary,
Out by the gas fires of the refinery,
I'm ten years burnin' down that road.
Nowhere to run, ain't got nowhere to go.
Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!  :)

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 11:08:47 AM »
Recently, the Chineese killed several infants and poisoned thousands more by producing powdered baby formula using milk that was intentionally adulterated with melamine.  Melamine increases nitrogen in the powdered formula and fools the machines that test for protein content into reading that the prodcut contains more protein than it really it does.  Melamine will cause renal failure, kidney stones and a whole host of other bad shit.  It's recently been found in candy produced in china and sold in California.

The question is, are any protein powders produced in China?  And if so, are they too contaminated with melamine?  Anyone have any information about this?

Lots of supps are sourced from China. Said it before many times, will say it again: I would not use any supps sourced from China. If you are a manufacturer sourcing from China, make sure to batch test EACH batch from them for heavy metals, etc.  China is full of pollution (lead and mercury in particular), has very poor quality control (depending on company) and little government oversight, and awash with corruption. If you are a supp user, ask the company you purchase from where they source from. If they won't tell you, don't use their products. As both end user or manufacturer, if someone does get poisoned, etc, what recourse do you have when purchasing from China? Nothing, that's what...

You have been warned.  :-\

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 11:11:12 AM »
I'd like to take it down a notch now.  This one's for the ladies.

The screen door slams,
Marys dress sways.
Like a vision she dances across the porch as the radio plays.
Roy orbison singing for the lonely.
Hey thats me and I want you only.
Dont turn me home again,
I just cant face myself alone again.
Dont run back inside darling you know just what I'm here for.
So youre scared and youre thinking
That maybe we aint that young anymore.
Show a little faith!
Theres magic in the night.
You aint a beauty but hey you're alright,
Oh and thats alright with me.

You can hide `neath your covers and study your pain.
Make crosses from your lovers,
Throw roses in the rain.
Waste your summer praying in vain
For a savior to rise from these streets
Well now Im no hero,
Thats understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl
Is beneath this dirty hood,
With a chance to make it good somehow.
Hey what else can we do now?
Except roll down the window
And let the wind blow back your hair.
Well the nights busting open,
These two lanes will take us anywhere.
We got one last chance to make it real.
To trade in these wings on some wheels.
Climb in back.
Heavens waiting on down the tracks.
Oh-oh come take my hand.
Riding out tonight to case the promised land.
Oh-oh thunder road, oh thunder road oh thunder road.
Lying out there like a killer in the sun.
Hey I know its late we can make it if we run.
Oh thunder road, sit tight take hold,
Thunder road.

Well I got this guitar
And I learned how to make it talk.
And my cars out back
If youre ready to take that long walk.
From your front porch to my front seat.
The doors open but the ride it aint free.
And I know youre lonely
For words that I aint spoken.
But tonight well be free
Of all the promises we've broken.

There were ghosts in the eyes
Of all the boys you sent away.
They haunt this dusty beach road
In the skeleton frames of burned out chevrolets.
They scream your name at night in the street.
Your graduation gown lies in rags at their feet.
And in the lonely gloom before dawn
You hear their engines roaring on,
But when you get to the porch they're gone
On the road. So mary climb in.
Its a town full of losers,
Im pulling out of here to win!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 11:12:57 AM »
China is a great place to buy some supplements, and not such a great place to buy other supplements.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 11:21:22 AM »
Don't use WHEY powders!!!!, most of it is bulk from China, I looked it up. It may say manufactured in US but it is ORIGINALLY from China, there is no laws in place yet to make manufacturers declare it on their products. Any WHEY from China is definitively not safe, likely melamine loaded. I got some Walmart Whey protein the other day, didn't feel right when using it, threw the rest away and feel atleast 7 to 10 times better.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 11:31:16 AM »
Don't use WHEY powders!!!!, most of it is bulk from China, I looked it up.

Supply a source for that statement. The high grade whey manufacturers such as Glanbia and others, do not source anything part of the product from China. Their milk comes from US cows, New Zealand, Ireland, and others. No, it would not surprise me that some giant jug O whey sitting on Wally World came from China however... :-X

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 11:34:54 AM »
Lots of supps are sourced from China. Said it before many times, will say it again: I would not use any supps sourced from China. If you are a manufacturer sourcing from China, make sure to batch test EACH batch from them for heavy metals, etc.  China is full of pollution (lead and mercury in particular), has very poor quality control (depending on company) and little government oversight, and awash with corruption. If you are a supp user, ask the company you purchase from where they source from. If they won't tell you, don't use their products. As both end user or manufacturer, if someone does get poisoned, etc, what recourse do you have when purchasing from China? Nothing, that's what...

You have been warned.  :-\

This really should be an issue that is brought to the attention of all lifters, bodybuilders, etc. who use any sort of whey or protein powder.  If the Chineese are willing to poison their own babies for the sake of a few cents of profit, you know that they are filling your protein powder with some toxic ingredients.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 11:38:44 AM »
I think Walmart is part of China's government, just like an extension, they make all the money from them. I know somebody working there and he said that some 'fresh' vegetables etc comes in big crates saying CHINA on them. People assume it is local or at least from the American continent.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 11:48:55 AM »
Something I have noticed just go out in the forest instead it will make you tons stronger than any protein powder assuming you eat a balanced diet, oh yes!!!

Some substance in the moldy moss or spores from the mushrooms in the autumn has this effect. It is the natures way of giving to you, not only just soft surface, like grass and other organic materials to walk on. It energizes your mind and body like a symbiosis mechanism, natures needs it's creatures, now can you see it too?

California Muscle

• Getbig II
  • War in the West
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 12:53:59 PM »
You felt "7-10 times better" after tossing that whey powder, huh Rami?  ::)

Seriously, I know China is a cesspool of immorality due to cultural and governmental reasons, but let's hope this particular subject isn't a valid concern.  I mean, unlike milk, whey protein is basically just that: protein.  The readings shouldn't "benefit" by adding melamine...I hope. (??)

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬►

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 01:50:38 PM »

Seriously, I know China is a cesspool of immorality due to cultural and governmental reasons, but let's hope this particular subject isn't a valid concern.  I mean, unlike milk, whey protein is basically just that: protein.  The readings shouldn't "benefit" by adding melamine...I hope. (??)

Ummmmmm, what do you think whey protein powder is made of?  Here's a hint:  Moooooooooooooooo

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 02:03:50 PM »
I'd like to take it down a notch now.  This one's for the ladies.

you da man TW!!..lol.. ;D

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 03:50:43 PM »

It's the best way I can describe it. I think the melamine in the whey protein powder I had made me tired. For some days I didn't even work out, and I felt tired when I woke up etc and that is unacceptable and it quit pretty much as soon as I stopped it so it was obvious to me.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 07:19:14 PM »

jae jonny trying to categorize you humor is a challenge, but you are one of the smartest chinamans ever
A

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 07:22:47 PM »

True.
☠ Order of Nephilim

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2008, 06:05:05 AM »
This really should be an issue that is brought to the attention of all lifters, bodybuilders, etc. who use any sort of whey or protein powder.

No, this should be a concern of anyone who uses any supplements. As I said,  I don't believe Chinese sourced whey is common. There's no lack of US derived whey coming from US milk.

If the Chineese are willing to poison their own babies for the sake of a few cents of profit, you know that they are filling your protein powder with some toxic ingredients.

As I said, I would ask the supp company you purchase from where they source from. If they refuse to answer, move on. That's another reason I prefer the Life Extension Foundation.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2008, 01:21:48 PM »
Maybe people should just eat regular food, that they cook themselves.  Pretty radical concept, I know.

California Muscle

• Getbig II
  • War in the West
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2008, 01:24:23 PM »
Ummmmmm, what do you think whey protein powder is made of?  Here's a hint:  Moooooooooooooooo

::)

Right.  But again (for the thick), unlike milk itself, whey has already been stripped of nearly everything BUT protein.
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬►

California Muscle

• Getbig II
  • War in the West
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2008, 01:29:13 PM »
Story on the news today is that "ingesting small amounts of melamine isn't harmful unless it's in baby formula."  ::)

Perhaps trying to brace the public for some bad news.
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬►