Author Topic: Will Obamas Economic plan lead us into the next great depression?  (Read 1781 times)

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!

Will Obamas Economic plan lead us into the next great depression?

Obama has make clear his intentions for your dollars and this financial crisis hasnt changed those one bit. Here is what he proposes to do with tax dollars:

$65 billion-a-year health plan
$15 billion in green energy spending
$85 billion in tax cuts and credits
$25 billion-a-year increase in foreign aid
$18 billion a year in education spending
$3.5 billion for a national service plan

Folks that is 200 billion a year or $800 billion during his term as president.

Where is he going to get that money??

1. He mentioned he could save $90 billion dollars by ending the war in Iraq.

Wait a min Barry, didnt you say that you would wait at least 16 months to leave Iraq and havent you stressed over and over that those resources need to be in Afganistan? So which is it Barry? Are we busting out of there or we going to finish the job?

2. Raise Taxes on Bil Oil is another point he has mentioned. Well do you think the oil companies or going to just say ok... you got us guys...  here is more tax money?? No they are going to push that increase on the consumer. A lot of what we are facing now is because of fear of what is going to happen if/when he is elected.

3. Increase Corporate Taxes is another gem on his list. Lets say you are a shareholder and the company says to you. Ok here is $1000 in profit you can have as a dividend, but with these new taxes you will only get $487 at it will be taxed twice. First taxed as income for the company, then taxed as income to you.  Alternatively, we can just reinvest that $1000 back into the company for R&D or building a new plant.  Well as a bussiness owner/share holder wtf would you do? see that $1000 go farther into your company or get raped by the goverment? You are going to fire employees, reinvest in your efficiencies, and or move your workforce to a foreign company.

4. 95% of americans get tax cut! Ok lets look at this. 95% of working richest americans equals roughly 1.5 million people. What you are effectively saying is the 50% of  you who do not already even pay taxes are getting more money back. You the most productive 5% (1.5 million americans) will each pay an additional 60,000 dollars in taxes. Man that sound good dosnt it! Robin hood and shit! whoo hoo. Oh wait. that 1.5 million isnt just going to take it up the ass. That 60,000. Well that is the cost of one employee that I pay. I will just have to do without those services. Bummer more jobs lost.

I will ocntinue with this after work, as I have much much more, but I need to get some work done.

Any thoughts so far?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Will Obamas Economic plan lead us into the next great depression?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 11:20:21 AM »

Obama has make clear his intentions for your dollars and this financial crisis hasnt changed those one bit. Here is what he proposes to do with tax dollars:

Wait a min Barry, didnt you say that you would wait at least 16 months to leave Iraq and havent you stressed over and over that those resources need to be in Afganistan? So which is it Barry? Are we busting out of there or we going to finish the job?

2. Raise Taxes on Bil Oil is another point he has mentioned. Well do you think the oil companies or going to just say ok... you got us guys...  here is more tax money?? No they are going to push that increase on the consumer. A lot of what we are facing now is because of fear of what is going to happen if/when he is elected.

3. Increase Corporate Taxes is another gem on his list. Lets say you are a shareholder and the company says to you. Ok here is $1000 in profit you can have as a dividend, but with these new taxes you will only get $487 at it will be taxed twice. First taxed as income for the company, then taxed as income to you.  Alternatively, we can just reinvest that $1000 back into the company for R&D or building a new plant.  Well as a bussiness owner/share holder wtf would you do? see that $1000 go farther into your company or get raped by the goverment? You are going to fire employees, reinvest in your efficiencies, and or move your workforce to a foreign company.

4. 95% of americans get tax cut! Ok lets look at this. 95% of working richest americans equals roughly 1.5 million people. What you are effectively saying is the 50% of  you who do not already even pay taxes are getting more money back. You the most productive 5% (1.5 million americans) will each pay an additional 60,000 dollars in taxes. Man that sound good dosnt it! Robin hood and shit! whoo hoo. Oh wait. that 1.5 million isnt just going to take it up the ass. That 60,000. Well that is the cost of one employee that I pay. I will just have to do without those services. Bummer more jobs lost.

I will ocntinue with this after work, as I have much much more, but I need to get some work done.

Any thoughts so far?

Good analysis.  He is bad news.  Stark difference between Obama's tax and spend philosophy and McCain talking about a spending freeze. 

I'd add that the "wealthy" who have the misfortune of making over $250,000 include a plethora of small business owners. 

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 11:25:20 AM »

Any thoughts so far?

Iraq War 200 Billion a year... Iraqis are more important than us having Health Care? National Service Plans? Education? etc...

Any questions?

Chico_Holiday

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 11:29:51 AM »
It's funny how many middle class people think that they will get a huge tax break with Obama and pay more with McCain, when in reality they will get about a 3% break with Obama and a 1% break with McCain.  

Obama claims that his administration will bring additional revenue for every spending program he has, but he's banking all of that on stopping the war, which won't happen quickly.............

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 11:32:33 AM »
Iraq War 200 Billion a year... Iraqis are more important than us having Health Care? National Service Plans? Education? etc...

Any questions?

Great way to completely ignore any point I made. I am not talking about foreign policy. I addressed that.  

My point is IN LIGHT of the financial crisis and the War........ how is he going to pay for all of this? I read your shit. Please just read what I wrote and try to stay on topic.

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 11:40:35 AM »

$65 billion-a-year health plan NEEDED
$15 billion in green energy spending   NEEDED
$85 billion in tax cuts and credits   This im 50 50 on... Tax Cuts are the last thing im worried about
$25 billion-a-year increase in foreign aid   Not a big fan of it, FUCK everyone else, take care of US
$18 billion a year in education spending   NEEDED
$3.5 billion for a national service plan    I need more details on this

Where is he going to get that money??  Get rid of the Iraq war, thats 200 billion a year of OUR MONEY

1. He mentioned he could save $90 billion dollars by ending the war in Iraq. It would be more than 90 billion

3. Increase Corporate Taxes is another gem on his list. Lets say you are a shareholder and the company says to you. Ok here is $1000 in profit you can have as a dividend, but with these new taxes you will only get $487 at it will be taxed twice. First taxed as income for the company, then taxed as income to you.  Alternatively, we can just reinvest that $1000 back into the company for R&D or building a new plant.  Well as a bussiness owner/share holder wtf would you do? see that $1000 go farther into your company or get raped by the goverment? You are going to fire employees, reinvest in your efficiencies, and or move your workforce to a foreign company.    He never said Increased coorp taxes, where did you come up with this?  He said he could CLOSE COORP TAX LOOP HOLES, and I can honestly say, I benefit from Coorp Tax loop holes...

4. 95% of americans get tax cut! Ok lets look at this. 95% of working richest americans equals roughly 1.5 million people. What you are effectively saying is the 50% of  you who do not already even pay taxes are getting more money back. You the most productive 5% (1.5 million americans) will each pay an additional 60,000 dollars in taxes. Man that sound good dosnt it! Robin hood and shit! whoo hoo. Oh wait. that 1.5 million isnt just going to take it up the ass. That 60,000. Well that is the cost of one employee that I pay. I will just have to do without those services. Bummer more jobs lost.  Personally I dont like tax cuts, we are in DEBT we NEED to pay it off, if that means each of us pay a extra 2-3% a year to start paying it down, im for it...

Any thoughts so far?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 11:55:01 AM »
NO...IT WONT

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 12:06:55 PM »
Also, we will not be "saving" money by ending the war in Iraq.  We're going to reduce deficit spending when we have a RIF. 

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 12:10:07 PM »
Quote from: Buffgeek on Today at 11:15:06 AM

$65 billion-a-year health plan NEEDED The only people who want this is big bussiness and poor people who cannot afford it (but can afford cigs, beer, and nikes) which is why they are backing democrats as that is one of the biggest burdens on them. most companies spend more on healthcare than their products. What do you think a federally run healthcare system will look like? I work in the healthcare industry and the people who will get killed by this is the avg american who will have to pay for other peoples health insurance. Do you think politicians care? Obama will never use the same system as you and I. his healthcare will never suffer or even change. The quality of healthcare will be completely reduced to shiat.

$15 billion in green energy spending   NEEDED I think more needs to be spent but look at what obama supports: Biodiesel?? Subsities for farmers? Dude do you know how much water and gasoline gets wasted to make biodiesel. Not to mention starving people and raising the prices of food worldwide? WTF$85 billion in tax cuts and credits   This im 50 50 on... Tax Cuts are the last thing im worried about
$25 billion-a-year increase in foreign aid   Not a big fan of it, FUCK everyone else, take care of US
$18 billion a year in education spending   NEEDED Agree, but also teachers need to be held accountble and earn it. I am all for giving them ig raises IF they are producing. Obama is not going to hold them to this accountability.
$3.5 billion for a national service plan    I need more details on this

Where is he going to get that money??  Get rid of the Iraq war, thats 200 billion a year of OUR MONEY DUDE We dont even have that money. Its already defecit spending. Its not like we just have that in the bank. And are you saying we just pack up and leave? We will be spending a lot more when we have to go back.
1. He mentioned he could save $90 billion dollars by ending the war in Iraq. It would be more than 90 billion

2. Raise Taxes on Bil Oil is another point he has mentioned. Well do you think the oil companies or going to just say ok... you got us guys...  here is more tax money?? No they are going to push that increase on the consumer. A lot of what we are facing now is because of fear of what is going to happen if/when he is elected.

3. Increase Corporate Taxes is another gem on his list. Lets say you are a shareholder and the company says to you. Ok here is $1000 in profit you can have as a dividend, but with these new taxes you will only get $487 at it will be taxed twice. First taxed as income for the company, then taxed as income to you.  Alternatively, we can just reinvest that $1000 back into the company for R&D or building a new plant.  Well as a bussiness owner/share holder wtf would you do? see that $1000 go farther into your company or get raped by the goverment? You are going to fire employees, reinvest in your efficiencies, and or move your workforce to a foreign company.    He never said Increased coorp taxes, where did you come up with this?  He said he could CLOSE COORP TAX LOOP HOLES, and I can honestly say, I benefit from Coorp Tax loop holes... So what McCain said about us having the highest corporate tax will be true? Obama mentione the loopholes that effectively make it cheaper, but if he closes those, then what McCain said will be true and we will be that much more unfriently to Americian Corporations?
4. 95% of americans get tax cut! Ok lets look at this. 95% of working richest americans equals roughly 1.5 million people. What you are effectively saying is the 50% of  you who do not already even pay taxes are getting more money back. You the most productive 5% (1.5 million americans) will each pay an additional 60,000 dollars in taxes. Man that sound good dosnt it! Robin hood and shit! whoo hoo. Oh wait. that 1.5 million isnt just going to take it up the ass. That 60,000. Well that is the cost of one employee that I pay. I will just have to do without those services. Bummer more jobs lost.  Personally I dont like tax cuts, we are in DEBT we NEED to pay it off, if that means each of us pay a extra 2-3% a year to start paying it down, im for it...  you dont like American People keeping their own money that they earn? You prefer to give it to out of touch politicans to waste? AWESOME. How about we pay off debt by tightening the budget cutting spending and using the excess for debt reduction? OR Foster policies that will boose the economy which will increase tax revenues and make everyone sucessful.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 12:12:40 PM »
I heard all the same shit when Clinton was running against Bush.

Obama can start by cutting the defense budget, getting rid of graft/corruption, cost-plus, contracts, etc..

There are plenty of places to save money and there are plenty of ways to raise revenue

The Coach

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 12:24:48 PM »
Well look at it this way. During Clintons final months in office is economic numbers suggested we were heading for recession that Bush inherited and eventually turned around into the biggest gain in recent memory and that was after 9/11 and during wartime. People seem to forget that when Clinton supposedly had us in a surplus, it was during the dot com era, after that it started going down.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 02:27:58 PM »
Bush and Co. threw away $10,000,000,000,000.

Now some of you want to give McCain a turn?

HAHA  ;D
S

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 02:33:42 PM »
Well look at it this way. During Clintons final months in office is economic numbers suggested we were heading for recession that Bush inherited and eventually turned around into the biggest gain in recent memory and that was after 9/11 and during wartime. People seem to forget that when Clinton supposedly had us in a surplus, it was during the dot com era, after that it started going down.

How about we look at it this way... Nothing in the Government had anything to do with starting the recession... The global economic expansion is what made us so much money in the 90s... Selling goods in now Free Russia, India, and of course China made our economy soar then.

The .com bust was bad, but Bush didn't do it.

What Bush DID do, was to decide to invade a sovereign nation, tell us that the oil was going to pay for it, and yet some how, we're still deeper in debt.

Doesn't Iraq have about 80 billion dollars in surplus? What are they spending that on? A god damn Ferris Wheel.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 02:35:59 PM »

HAHA  ;D

LOOK AT ME IM NOT VOTING FOR EITHER SIDE. ZOMG YOU ARE ALL DUMB!

Chico_Holiday

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 03:54:16 PM »

HAHA  ;D

F*** it............I'm down for anything at this point, let's double down and see what happens!  ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 05:01:08 PM »

Any questions?
obamas said he was going into afghanistan as well so money will still be going into war...

on another note im glad someone else sees it this way as well ive been saying this for a long time and is at the root of why i believe he will raise taxes not lower them.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 05:58:02 PM »
obamas said he was going into afghanistan as well so money will still be going into war...

on another note im glad someone else sees it this way as well ive been saying this for a long time and is at the root of why i believe he will raise taxes not lower them.

Aren't we already in Afghanistan? So if we remove Iraq, and it's cost, the Afghanistan money just continues to be spent as it already is?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 06:11:32 PM »
Aren't we already in Afghanistan? So if we remove Iraq, and it's cost, the Afghanistan money just continues to be spent as it already is?
Well the problem with that is the troops being pulled out of iraq will be placed in afghanistan so maybe the price will go down but not to the extent that ppl might have you think.

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 07:54:35 PM »
Some of you think that we aren't already trillions of dollars in debt.

Most of us will be dead before the DEBT WE ARE IN ALREADY will be /if ever will be paid.

Wake up STUPID.

Sandra

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 08:01:14 PM »
Some of you think that we aren't already trillions of dollars in debt.

Most of us will be dead before the DEBT WE ARE IN ALREADY will be /if ever will be paid.

Wake up STUPID.

Sandra

um.. What? I dont know of anyone who denys that we are nearly 10 trillion in debt. We are defecit spending just to pay for iraq.

The debt wont get paid if we commit to another TRILLION in welfare in addition to this shitty war.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 10:48:32 PM »
Well the problem with that is the troops being pulled out of iraq will be placed in afghanistan so maybe the price will go down but not to the extent that ppl might have you think.

I believe the General in Afghanistan as well as General Patraeus have both stated that surge in Afghanistan will not work like it did in Iraq... So no, I don't believe a lot of people will be just moving to Afghanistan from Iraq.